U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 03:55 AM

2,241 posts, read 2,673,077 times

Advertisements

More like, if they are in similar environments, common factors may play a role in similar attributes. For example people in the circum Sahara developed thinner noses overall because of the dryer, hotter air. In Europe the colder dryer air had a similar effect. When we see broader features, they tend to be more recent migrations to dryer regions from more humid climates. Of course other factors can come into play as well. For example Neanderthals had wide nasal cavities but a very long nose that did a similar function to a thin nose. Clothing has played a huge role in allowing people with certain traits to migrate to regions they did not do so well in naked.

Humanity is infinitely diverse and a beautiful thing. We are playdoh to the environment. And now we change the environment to us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2014, 05:19 PM
hvl

403 posts, read 440,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by takeo3 View Post
shkir, look for a nice institute, and don't bother us anymore, ok? Tunisians generally are darker than Lebanese, Syrians, etc. because many have some black blood in them., like your pre'sident and most of your ministers It doesn't mean you people are worse in anyway, i would say rather on the contrary,
Shkir has a weird perception of the looks of various mediterranean peoples.

I agree with takeo that he lebs and syrians are by far the whitest in the whole middle-east and levant region. I'm pretty sure that they've been like that for a long time. Some say they look like that becuse of crusaders, but come on, the crusaders were a few thousand guys only.
The Levant people can't be that different from Europeans for the simple reason that the neolitic farmers came from the Levant. A huge proportion of the European population comes from those neolithic farmers. Most of southern Europe is of that ancestry.

As you go north in Europe you find more and more ancient hunter-gatherer ancestry, but the neolithic farmers reached everywhere, including Scandinavia and the British Isles. The megaliths were most likely built by people who had left the Levant a few 1000s of years before. There is just no reason for the Levantine to be extremely different from the europeans and it shows when you take a good look at them.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:31 PM

50 posts, read 55,688 times
I like or meet those whites that reside on Africa they could talk for these demons over here I.n amerca

Old 06-15-2014, 10:43 AM

1 posts, read 1,499 times
Default to correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeo3 View Post
Lebanese are the "whitest" Arabs. Most really look like Greeks, especially the . I think they have the highest percentage of blue eyes in the Arab world. Many Syrians also have blue eyes, look at president Assad for example, who looks like an average Northern European, and compare to the of president Tunisia...
: smack:

1-we are all from the same race called Human

2-Religion have nothing to do with race(there´s muslims and christians from all nations and races)

3-do you have any statistique about the ´blue-eyed person´.

4-you talke about lebnan and u use syria president to make your point of viewand that s because lebnon don t have president with blue eye ,fuunybecause to compare our president (Moncef Marzouki)through his career he has been a human rights activist, physician and politician ,,,with your baschar al assad the butcher of his own people

4-our first Tunisia presiden 'Lahbib Bourgiba' he also have blue eyes and also Mustafa Ben Jaafa the current president of the parliament and our 2011/2012 prime Minister beji caid essebsi ,,,,the list go on

5-in Tunisa we have blond redhead brown black brunette but we are all Tunisian and that s what it matters ,,,we will love and protect our Country no matter the color or any thing else.

6-all my family from father side are totaly blond with blue or grren eyes ,,only me but now i live in germany and they think i m french or italien because of my very pale skin ,,even in my class some amaricans and asien thought tunsia is europien country because in the class we are 4 guys from tunisia three of us are blond but that don´t mean any thing about tunisia demography,,, it was just coincidence so people think blond existe only in europa, but that´s wrong ,yes it s true Europa continent represent the source of them but the blond exist all over the world like südamerika and the mediterranean countries.

7-i have to say i never thimk about this race issue when i was in tunisia only when i come here to germany and i tell that i come from Tunisia they start to make weird faces and tell me some thing stupid like you don t look like the typical tunisia but i always replied them how do you know ?or who is the typical tunisia for you ?do you know maybe other tunisian ? she or he say no,so i hope for the people that read (specialy tunisian) do not become like them don ´t be part of this sick obsession let them say what they want.

8-In Islam all race are the same no one better than the other only your piety to your god is the only standard and i think all religion share the same concept

Last edited by kimoo; 06-15-2014 at 11:07 AM..

Old 09-04-2014, 12:08 PM

0 posts, read 1,403 times
Tunisians are an admixture of many races, including European; they were a Roman enclave, thus populated by those from the Italian peninsula many centuries before anybody ever thought about the US of A. The Berbers are accepted as Caucasian, though in fact no one knows their exact origins. Arabs invaded and have also contributed to the modern Tunisian race. Tunisians are beautiful people overall, athletic and intelligent, and if Americans were not so brainwashed by their corrupt government to vilify everyone who is Muslim, we could perhaps have a conversation on their merits and ethnography. Personally, I would retire there in a heartbeat. Lived there pre-'revolution' and am toying with the idea of a return. I've simply had enough of same-sex marriage, crime and drugs, the burgeoning police state, the breakdown of the family and no morals here in the US. Anybody care to join me?
Many thanks to the poster of these photos of blond and blue eyed Tunisians, which is most interesting!

Old 09-04-2014, 11:32 PM

41 posts, read 43,517 times
I looked up google for "tunisian people" , but they look middle-east/ north african.
Middle-east / north african dont look very different from balkan people .
I dont understand why you are obsessed with blond hair

Old 10-01-2014, 11:55 AM

4,654 posts, read 3,707,571 times
The title is wrong : "the blond and the white race in Tunisia", being blond is not a race !

Old 10-01-2014, 11:57 AM

4,654 posts, read 3,707,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iphoneneedsbattery View Post
I looked up google for "tunisian people" , but they look middle-east/ north african.
Middle-east / north african dont look very different from balkan people .
I dont understand why you are obsessed with blond hair
Which in their turn, don't look different that southern Europeans : Portuguese,spanish,Maltese,Cypriot,Greek,Italians, French,Croatians.

Old 10-03-2014, 12:02 AM

3,245 posts, read 4,368,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WellWhatDoYouKnow View Post
if Americans were not so brainwashed by their corrupt government to vilify everyone who is Muslim, we could perhaps have a conversation on their merits and ethnography. Personally, I would retire there in a heartbeat. Lived there pre-'revolution' and am toying with the idea of a return. I've simply had enough of same-sex marriage, crime and drugs, the burgeoning police state, the breakdown of the family and no morals here in the US.
You go ahead, with your stupidity. Report back in 20 years or so.

Old 04-13-2015, 12:30 PM

13 posts, read 15,498 times
Most of these people are causasian not white, Arabs and Berbers are caucasian, so Tunisians are also caucasian.
I'm Tunisian, and I don't really understand what's the point of your thread
There is a rich gene pool in Tunisia due to history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or