U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 08:51 AM

285 posts, read 570,455 times

Advertisements

Wow I'm tired of the massive massmedia coverage about the death of Mandela...
Not sad, he did nothing for the khoisan people.
No idea which was the power who raised him and turned him into a Saint to the eyes of the world, but he was no Saint at all.
The image sold by the massmedia prentended that he was a kind of political pacifist leader... but he was the leader of a paramilitar organization, the MK.... a organization involved in hundred of killings.
And he "won" the nobel prize... But you won't hear anything about this on the news.
Anyway I understand that he favoured the bantu people, his people, and did nothing for the whites, but there's no excuse for saint mandela, not helping to stop the khoisan genocide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2013, 09:55 AM

78,520 posts, read 70,430,585 times
You know, it's interesting that he got the Nobel Prize. According to the Nobel rules, people who have advocated armed struggle (or any form of violence) are not eligible for the Peace Prize. But Mandela was nominated at the beginning of the UN Decade on Indigenous People (1993). For the UN Year on Indigenous People (1992) and to kick off the Decade, they wanted indigenous candidates. So Rigoberta Menchu of Guatemala (Mayan) won the prize in 1992 (in spite of having advocated armed resistance), and Mandela got it next.

There's another famous exception to the non-violence rule for the Peace Prize: Henry Kissinger, a former US Secretary of State who ordered the bombing of Cambodia during the Vietnam War. I have no idea why he was given the Peace Prize. His winning the prize makes a mockery of it.

South Africa's (And Botswana's, and Namibia's) leadership needs to develop more awareness of ethnic issues in their countries, especially regarding the San, and there needs to be political will to address those issues in a way that's in conformance with international law (the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples) and San self-determination. This doesn't seem to be on the radar of anyone in political power. Rather, it seems, that economic development via mining is the priority.

Old 12-06-2013, 11:16 AM

Thank you Ruth4truth. Very enlighten post.

Old 12-06-2013, 01:44 PM

Are the San organized? Do they have a political organization that's fighting for San rights? If national governments are to consult with the San to address their grievances, they would need to organize themselves into a representative political advocacy group, or a network of organizations that link across borders.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 12-06-2013 at 01:58 PM..

Old 12-06-2013, 05:29 PM

Five years ago, The Khoisan Aboriginal and Others Movement party was launched in SA by a man called Rodney January
I think it was a total failure...

Today there's another organization called Khoisan Kingdom And All People.
But they're a tiny group and Khoisan people are an uncomfortable truth in SA....

Old 12-06-2013, 05:39 PM

For those interested in the history of the San, khoi and khoisan peoples, this is a goood link

khoisan

Old 12-06-2013, 08:38 PM

15,943 posts, read 36,139,074 times
Need a map in this thread...

KHOI-SAN...in the light brown in the southwest corner.

Old 12-06-2013, 08:52 PM

4,961 posts, read 6,362,047 times
Is it true that you, as well as many extreme right-wingers, have a soft spot for the San because you don't think they are "black," or "bantu" but are related to whites and Asians; and believe that other Sub-Saharan Africans are sub-humans and gorillas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kantabriansea View Post
The first thing youŽll notice when you arrive to Seville after park your car is that a "gorrilla" will ask you for some money "for helping you parking the car" if you refuse you 'll get four wheels flat and the car totally scratched. If you ask the police about that, they'll tell you that you should have paid.
Well that's if you're lucky and don't get stranded, because if you end up in a place like " las 3000 viviendas" you won't forget that day in your whole life... if you're lucky enough to get out of there alive.

USA and Europe should stop being the mother of all the immigrants of the world. But you know the big money wants it in that way.
The Aryan Brotherhood meeting is that way--------------------------------->

Old 12-07-2013, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific2 View Post
Is it true that you, as well as many extreme right-wingers, have a soft spot for the San because you don't think they are "black," or "bantu" but are related to whites and Asians; and believe that other Sub-Saharan Africans are sub-humans and gorillas?

The Aryan Brotherhood meeting is that way--------------------------------->
hahaha Very funny .hahahaha. SERIOUSLY. I'm so sorry.
I didn't mean to offend anyone, you can double check my posts and try to find any kind of insult related with race.
"gorilla" in Spanish doesn't mean gorilla ( meaning a kind of primate, or the way you thought, a word used to insult black people)

It's pronunced "gorriya" that word was born because of the small cap (gorra+illa) those thugs used to wear, and that they used to "ask" for the money.
The "gorrilla"(pronounced "gorriya") is the name given in the South of Spain to the people belonging to that kind of mafia.

If you drive a car in the South of Spain and you try to park it in a big city (at free paking places) one of those " gorrillas" will appear and ask you for money (a small amount, around 1€)if you refuse to pay they'll scratch your car and/or will flat your tyres.

Maybe I'm very politically incorrect and I don't care about it. I know that for most people some subjects are taboo, and that kind of thinking and action has been cleverly designed and put into practice through the massmedia, educational system... The only goal of the creation of those taboo matter is to avoid that people could have critical thinking about the massive immigrational issue. For me the main tool of the actual capitalism.

So I'm sorry no aryan brotherhood here.

Old 12-08-2013, 07:25 PM

If the San could form a group that spans the nations where they live, i.e. an international representative organization, they could speak with one voice (assuming they could agree on the main issues), develop a relationship with the media in their countries in order to tell their story, and apply to the UN Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) for consultative status. That would give them a voice at the UN. They could attend forums where Indigenous peoples participate, and present grievances before the Human Rights Council.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or