Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2014, 12:04 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,120,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
Since the concept of race was created by Europeans, I imagine that the first time an African person saw a European, I suppose they ran up them and gave them a hug? Because after all, they didn't see them as a different race, right? And so the Chinese didn't know anything about race either, since the Europeans created the concept?

If anyone doesn't think this is a controversy they just need to do a google search. I've been aware of this for a long time. All you have to do is go to a large city and listen to people. I'm not saying a lot of people believe this, but enough that it there are numerous articles about it online.
This is exactly my point. They are too intellectually cowardly to do so.

But hey, at least you now know about the ten foot tall mud piles in Nigeria.

Clearly these mud stacks demonstrate a profound connection to Egypt.

Last edited by cachibatches; 01-02-2014 at 12:15 PM..

Old 01-02-2014, 02:09 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,544,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
And isn't it nice to have two sides of your mouth to talk out of? You have routinely stated that you do not believe in "black Egypt" whiles doing nothing but arguing for "black Egypt" and the right of Afrocentrists to construct their own reality about it in an impenetrable bubble

And no- you don't get to invent your own history in a bubble that no one is allowed to criticize. If you want to present something as history, you need to defend it, especially when it is largely bogus.

Finally, sadly, after 12 pages of double talking about myth and generalities whiles denying what you are doing, you have to resort to attacking freedom of thought:
You wasted your time to quote my posts and take them out of context to make a point that I was somehow saying that Black Egypt was the truth. It's pathetic. In most of the posts that you quoted, I said that Black Americans THEMSELVES need to start researching their own history without the help of anybody outside of them. If someone's history somehow goes back to East Africa and they can prove it, who is anyone, especially you, to tell them they are wrong. Nobody knows anybody better than their own elders and blood. Now do you understand that? Or do I need to say it slowly? Also, you argued as much for Caucasian Egypt and I offered my thoughts on that and said there is some that argued for Black Egypt. I also said that BOTH sides make clear points about the history of that land. Or did you miss that?

If MY real story contradicts what is taught in school, I don't care about your feelings on it. What's been bogus is what is taught to us in the school system but that's another conversation. Your attacking of freedom of thought is generalizing a very small few of a certain people while disregarding the other side telling you that your assertions are not even close to being true. You ignore it and tell us we are playing games. It's a troll thread and you're looking for attention. BTW, Black people are not Black. We are a shade of brown. Get gone.

Last edited by Spade; 01-02-2014 at 02:17 PM..

Old 01-02-2014, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
You wasted your time to quote my posts and take them out of context to make a point that I was somehow saying that Black Egypt was the truth. It's pathetic. In most of the posts that you quoted, I said that Black Americans THEMSELVES need to start researching their own history without the help of anybody outside of them. If someone's history somehow goes back to East Africa and they can prove it, who is anyone, especially you, to tell them they are wrong. Nobody knows anybody better than their own elders and blood. Now do you understand that? Or do I need to say it slowly? Also, you argued as much for Caucasian Egypt and I offered my thoughts on that and said there is some that argued for Black Egypt. I also said that BOTH sides make clear points about the history of that land. Or did you miss that?

If MY real story contradicts what is taught in school, I don't care about your feelings on it. What's been bogus is what is taught to us in the school system but that's another conversation. Your attacking of freedom of thought is generalizing a very small few of a certain people while disregarding the other side telling you that your assertions are not even close to being true. You ignore it and tell us we are playing games. It's a troll thread and you're looking for attention. BTW, Black people are not Black. We are a shade of brown. Get gone.
Please. You are exposed.

It is a game- you argue for black Egypt whiles claiming that you are not arguing for black Egypt.

Everyone who is ever caught makes the "context" argument. Anyone reading though this thread can see that you are on the side of dishonesty.

As for "black Americans themselves" constructing their own history, no, they will not be able to do it in a vacuum. Their claims will be investigated by others for veracity. You don't have a self declared carte blanche to re-write history.

Do any of you have anything real to add? Or are you just going to bicker and play word games? At least CK posted some ten foot tall mud piles and tried to pass them off "pyramids."

Old 01-02-2014, 04:35 PM

93,326 posts, read 123,972,828 times
Again, no one is making a connection to Egypt, nor have you answered as to who is making these claims on behalf of African Americans. Talk about sad......So, what were the Egyptians? Are you going to at least attempt to answer that?

Some more interesting information: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA_history_of_Egypt

Old 01-02-2014, 04:46 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,544,005 times
Quote:
Please. You are exposed.

."
Hardly. You can't expose me. And are you going to be dishonest and say you did not take my quotes out of context? You put them together to make your own bogus warped summary? You basically put words in my mouth when I never said Black Americans are descendants of Egyptians or connected to Egyptians. I also argued that there have been valid points made by BOTH SIDES. What part of that don't you understand? You're picking and choosing to believe what you want to see. This thread pretty much adds nothing to the African forum as it is.

As for us finding out our true history. We don't care if you don't like it and besides, you have nothing to do with it.

Old 01-02-2014, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Again, no one is making a connection to Egypt, nor have you answered as to who is making these claims on behalf of African Americans. Talk about sad......So, what were the Egyptians? Are you going to at least attempt to answer that?

Some more interesting information: DNA history of Egypt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I asked for a connection to Egypt, and re-posted the request. If you don't believe that there was an Egyptian connection, then you agree with me and have nothing to argue about.

The link you posted agrees with me entirely. They are a mixed race leaning heavily towards Middle Eastern. What is more, dozens of studies (I mentioned the names of a handful earlier and posted two youtube clip) confirm that they always have been.

Since it is Wiki, which is public domain, I do not believe that there will be any problem posting it directly. Read your own conclusions:

The genetic history of the demographics of Egypt reflects Egypt's geographical location at the crossroads of several major cultural areas: the Mediterranean, the Middle East, the Sahara, and Sub-Saharan Africa.
In general, various DNA studies have found that the gene frequencies of present North African populations are intermediate between those of the Middle East, the Horn of Africa, southern Europe and Sub-Saharan Africa,[SIZE=2][1][/SIZE] though NRY frequency distributions of the modern Egyptian population appear to be much more similar to those of the Middle East than to any Sub-Saharan African population, suggesting a much larger Middle Eastern genetic component.[SIZE=2][2][/SIZE][SIZE=2][3][/SIZE][SIZE=2][[/SIZE]

Old 01-02-2014, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Hardly. You can't expose me. And are you going to be dishonest and say you did not take my quotes out of context? You put them together to make your own bogus warped summary? You basically put words in my mouth when I never said Black Americans are descendants of Egyptians or connected to Egyptians. I also argued that there have been valid points made by BOTH SIDES. What part of that don't you understand? You're picking and choosing to believe what you want to see. This thread pretty much adds nothing to the African forum as it is.

As for us finding out our true history. We don't care if you don't like it and besides, you have nothing to do with it.
I put your quotes in context.

You believe the nonsense, and simply don't wish to state so strongly because you have no actual knowledge of the situation what-so-ever and can't back it up.

At least CK is trying, posting pics of ten foot tall mud piles and posting links that actually support my contentions. Please read above. He did a fine job of shooting himself in the foot.

Old 01-03-2014, 06:29 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,235,034 times
Quote:
But of course it does matter. Pan-African is a nonsense perceptive, and obviously so. I do not claim Persia as a "Pan-Eurasianist," although they spoke and Indo-European language, and I thus have more connection to Iran that Afro-centrists do to Egypt. Among the people's of the earth, only Afrocentrists want this absurd perspective applied to them.

As for you being an Afrocentrist, you have pretty much revealed yourself in their camp by siding with some of their greatest nonsense.

Pan African only has context in the dialogue of Marxist critical theory, where false commonalities are created in order to push a movement toward solidarity against colonialism and other mutually shared experiences on the continent. Except that the history there is exaggerated and exploited by over-emphasizing the bad, in order to build a "victim consciousness" across the entire continent against capitalism.

Pan African is really about creating a false unity amongst otherwise unrelated non-white peoples to assert power and leverage against the mythologized facade of "white man's imperialist capitalist Western Civilization".

Old 01-03-2014, 06:31 PM

Quote:
I put your quotes in context.

You believe the nonsense, and simply don't wish to state so strongly because you have no actual knowledge of the situation what-so-ever and can't back it up.

At least CK is trying, posting pics of ten foot tall mud piles and posting links that actually support my contentions. Please read above. He did a fine job of shooting himself in the foot.

And the funny thing is...

the entire thread is here for anyone to read. It's obvious what's going on.

Old 01-03-2014, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
So what you want him to link up a poll or something? It's quite extensive the desire of many Blacks to link up with Ancient Egypt. I see it on this board, Twitter and numerous other forums. It's a major focus of the African-American Studies dept at Howard University for example.

Did he respond to this post? I bet he ignored it.

I don't have any problem verifying this link up. And haven't had for about the last 20 years. It's all over the place... I have black people tell me the Egyptians were black, Cleopatra was black, etc. etc. all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa