Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2014, 04:12 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,544,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelismaticEchoes View Post
Most so-called Afrocentric historians IGNORE 95% OF AFRICAN HISTORY.

Instead, they focus on the Mediterranean corner of Africa (Egypt), as if the majority of Africa possessed this civilization.

This is a very Eurocentric and ignorant way of looking at African Civilization. It ignores and dismisses 95% of Africa's history.

FACT: The overwhelming MAJORITY of African-Diaspora people are NOT from Egypt.

FACT: African peoples outside of Egypt are NOT worthless and undeserving of study

FACT: Egypt is only 10% of Africa's land mass. (Therefore, most Afro-centrists IGNORE 90% of the African continent!)

FACT: Egypt only contains 3% of the total population of Africa. Most Afrocentrists IGNORE the other 97% of people in Africa.

FACT: Africa had examples of civilization before Arabs, Europeans, and other outsider groups invaded and imposed colonialism.

FACT: The majority of Africans enslaved (by Europeans) were from WEST AFRICA (not Egypt).

95% of African Civilization Is NOT Egyptian - YouTube
I point this out to some Afrocentrics all the time. Why focus on Egypt and sometimes Nubia but never the rest of the continent? Reason is because Europe loves Egypt. Simple as that. They are far to enamored with Northeast Africa and don't take the time to discover Central, South, East, North, and West Africa. They don't even discuss Madagascar. I definitely do not call myself Afrocentric.

Old 01-07-2014, 04:14 PM

2,238 posts, read 3,324,158 times
Imagine if Rome and Greece were removed from European history or not considered as European history?

Egypt is definitely an African nation and civilization and people.

Old 01-07-2014, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I point this out to some Afrocentrics all the time. Why focus on Egypt and sometimes Nubia but never the rest of the continent? Reason is because Europe loves Egypt. Simple as that. They are far to enamored with Northeast Africa and don't take the time to discover Central, South, East, North, and West Africa. They don't even discuss Madagascar. I definitely do not call myself Afrocentric.
Frankly, I find both Afrocentrics and Eurocentrics and one droppists and ethnocentrists annoying and ridiculous.

I can't stand white supremacists, black supremacists, and mixed supremacists of any kind and their ilk either!

People with closed minds should have CLOSED mouths.

Old 01-07-2014, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
I don't think that there could be "evidence" proper, only anecdotal. I can only tell you that I have been viciously attacked on this and many other history forums for merely speaking the truth.

Perhaps I did overstate it.

But as stated in my first paragraph, I have a great love of the NIGER river valley civilizations, and I find it a great shame that we are largely not raising a generation of African America archeologists who want to go uncover the truth about their real past.

Real shame.
There are African American scholars that have researched the truth about where they and their ancestors come from.

In fact Henry Louis Gates Jr's co authored/co written mass mega encyclopedia book on African diaspora in 1999 and 2005 respectively both talked about how ppl often fall into slanting history and buying into Afrocentric myths and lies.

Old 01-07-2014, 04:23 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,000,665 times
Quote:
Interesting. The Jews are indigenous to North Africa along with other groups that existed before so called Arabization came along.
That's actually not true. The Jewish origin is believed to have originated in Southwestern Asia.

DNA study confirms geographical origin of Jews

Old 01-07-2014, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
I don't think that there could be "evidence" proper, only anecdotal. I can only tell you that I have been viciously attacked on this and many other history forums for merely speaking the truth.

Perhaps I did overstate it.

But as stated in my first paragraph, I have a great love of the NIGER river valley civilizations, and I find it a great shame that we are largely not raising a generation of African America archeologists who want to go uncover the truth about their real past.

Real shame.
Also keep in mind that much of the Afrocentricst idelogies that have aggragandized over generation have actually came from Arabs, Europeans and whites that distorted and/or force fed flawed ideas of black peoples and Africans and the African continent.

In addition afrocentrism also spread because of some certain minority sectors from the West Indies, Caribbean and Latin America and when they travelled abroad especially particularly to the USA, they often influenced people there of those backgrounds, and a minority of some African Americans embraced such Afrocentric lies as truth, but most AAs don't believe in or even know of such nonsense.

In addition NOT every black identified person is of AA stock.

Much of these Afrocentric lies did NOT originate with blacks or Afrodescendants of African American (AA) stock or origin.

Ivan Van Sertima for example is Guyanese.

Overall, MOST AAs and other black ethnic groups and cultures do NOT believe in Afrocentrism or support or uphold the tenets of such Afrocentrist nonsensical ideologies.

Also African American and black do NOT mean the same thing.

Old 01-07-2014, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
That's actually not true. The Jewish origin is believed to have originated in Southwestern Asia.

DNA study confirms geographical origin of Jews

Jews among other groups were living in North Africa and the Middle East before Arabs and Arabization came along and took place.

Yes. Jews supposedly originate from Israel and the Levant (as do Palestinean peoples)

Yes. Jews migrated diasporically to those lands, but the point is that they among others pre date the arrivals of so called Arab peoples and populations.

The term Arab in and of it self as flawed. As is Jewish but that's a whole other story

Old 01-07-2014, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I've seen many Afrocentrics talk about various African civilizations from all over the continent. it seems to me when Afrocentrics focus their attention on Egypt, that's when Eurocentrics and other groups start to get upset and even feel threatened by the very thought of it.

Old 01-07-2014, 04:37 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) The heads of the grossly Afrocentric folks in here should be falling off, as much as they're shaking them at anyone who does NOT advocate for their ridiculous notions. Lol! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old 01-07-2014, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Jews among other groups were living in North Africa and the Middle East before Arabs and Arabization came along and took place.

Yes. Jews supposedly originate from Israel and the Levant (as do Palestinean peoples)

Yes. Jews migrated diasporically to those lands, but the point is that they among others pre date the arrivals of so called Arab peoples and populations.

The term Arab in and of it self as flawed. As is Jewish but that's a whole other story
That being said, Jews aren't African people from an indigenous standpoint like other ethnic groups, such as the Nigerians, Tanzanians, and Moroccans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa