Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2014, 07:31 AM

93,276 posts, read 123,898,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Please.

Comprehend this- you have no connection to Egypt. None. Nothing you say changes that. It is the bottom line.

Besides, haven't you and CK both claimed that you are done with this thread multiple times? You will be back hoping that if you try to sell "Pan-Africanism" one more time, it will do the trick.
Never made that claim and it makes me wonder if you even read the posts. I don't leave threads that way.

Old 02-23-2014, 10:21 AM

8,632 posts, read 12,996,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I guess putting a Black face to Egypt means that you are trying to show that you are "related" to/"obsess" over Egypt. Yikes! smh as the kids say.
Your right. Some of these posters have a hard time grasping simple concepts. Either that or they choose to live in ignorance.

Old 02-23-2014, 11:20 AM

4,660 posts, read 4,119,151 times
Quote:
Never made that claim and it makes me wonder if you even read the posts. I don't leave threads that way.

What rubbish. If you are not making that claim, then you have no dog in the fight.

Of course, you have explicitly made the claim. You do so talking out of both sides of your mouth, but that is to be expected since you take an intellectually dishonest position to begin with. You have not read your own posts:

It is is believed that Nubia(aka Kush or in Classical Greek was associated with Ethiopia, which translates to mean Sun Burned Faces) could be referred to as Black Egypt. It was an area that straddled current day southern Egypt and northern Sudan

Like I mentioned before, there is an area of southern Egypt that could be referred to as "Black" Egypt and that is according to historians and people of various backgrounds

Again, Nubia wasn't fake and even according to historians, in which I'm sure some are White and even the Greeks themselves, that land was located in parts of southern Egypt and northern Sudan.

African Americans shouldn't look at the accomplishments of other Black Africans, even if they don't directly descend from them, in a positive light? Is that what you are saying?

Exactly and I think that is what people were alluding to. I sometimes think that some people don't understand that many, if not most, African Americans have no problem with embracing the various aspects and people within the diaspora. This is regardless of how dark or light or where they come from

Also, what if people were to say that people of African descent are interested in accomplishments that took place on said continent the same way that people of European descent love to display the values that came from Rome and Greece?

Also, is it to counter history or to form an identity due to not having the choice to do so under said groups terms? While I don't necessarily agree with some of the aspects mentioned, I can understand due to this fact and also due to coming into the knowledge of more information pertaining to those that fall under the same social-historical identity

No one is saying Nubia are one and the same, but that it is/was a part of what is now Egypt and that it is a recognized society of Black people. This is within the view of historians of various backgrounds as well.

There is still proof of a Black presence in present day Egypt, which is all I said in my first and another post in this thread. So even if so called Afrocentrists view Egypt from its proper Black presence, even they are correct in this regard.

You agenda is pretty obvious even after you asked for people to find pyramids in Western Africa. It is interesting that you don't attack the pyramids on the island of Guimar, owned by Spain, just off the west coast of Africa. Sahelian architecture used mud/mud brick as well.

Basically.....I answered a question with proof and now those structures are insignificant.

I'm also curious as to what these Egyptians are if they aren't African

You to keep in mind that the article in regards to ancient Egypt shows that people associated with that time period had Sub Saharan African DNA. This may mean that Egyptians have evolved over time, like many nations of people and that there is a Black Egyptian element. This still doesn't mean that African Americans are claiming Egypt though.

Also, there are aspects of continental unification in different continents. It can be done through socio-historical factors or through economics like Europe does with the Euro. So, it doesn't have to have anything to do with politics, per se.

On the other hand, the difference is that most likely if White Americans wanted to trace their origins, they can. I believe that around 70% of White Americans descend from people that came after the Civil War and around 80% of Blacks/African Americans descend from people that came before the Civil War. So, if this is indeed true, which it makes sense given European immigration from the late 19th century to mid 20th century, the roots of most White Americans are newer than this of Black Americans. In turn, documentation for the descendants of Whites in the US should be much easier to obtain

but that current Egyptians are of a background more line with those latter two groups. So, what this may mean is that Egyptians have evolved due to migrations by people from nearby lands into Egypt.

However, it does show that there has always been Sub Saharan DNA in Egypt, whether you look at its ancient or modern history.

Another thing I want to address is that being mixed and having "one drop" aren't necessarily the same thing. I don't understand why people use that term when talking about people of mixed backgrounds, because all people would be Black, if you take the one drop rule literally. It should have been aptly called the last known Black African ancestor rule, to be more precise.

African Americans and some ancient Egyptians have a link to "sub Saharan" DNA. Whether it is the same exact DNA or not, the presence of that DNA to whatever degree either way or to what extent said people are involved in either society, it seems to have been in both societies.

It showed that the Egyptians were a mix and that includes sub Saharan African DNA. I've also have shown that those of sub Saharan DNA have always been a presence in Egypt.

I know what it said, but it still showed that there was an influence from those with sub Saharan African DNA. Period........

I never said anything about another influence, but was showing that there was a sub Saharan/Black influence.

but I did say that there was a sub Saharan Arican/Black influence in Egypt, to some degree.

What I think this is all about is that within the European created construct of race, that there is a "Black" African influence in Ancient Egypt, which counters the Eurocentric, dare I go a step further and say supremacist view of Egypt

Again, I believe the thing is that there was a "Black" influence in Egypt

Lastly, I have never claimed Egypt, but showed that "Black" people played a part or were involved in Ancient Egypt.

Along with this, what is odd that considering that most Western Hemisphere Black people can't pinpoint where in Western Africa their ancestors come from,

Last edited by cachibatches; 02-23-2014 at 12:02 PM..

Old 02-23-2014, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Your right. Some of these posters have a hard time grasping simple concepts. Either that or they choose to live in ignorance.
No- you just make garbage arguments.

Yet another Afrocentric tactic- patting each other on the back.

Last edited by cachibatches; 02-23-2014 at 12:03 PM..

Old 02-23-2014, 11:23 AM

Quote:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/32800940-post16.html

Again, no one claimed that they descended from or are related to Egyptians, to get back to the original point. Afrocentrists are most likely obsessed with Africa as a whole. If one obsesses over a portion, then that is an obsession of that particular area and something totally different. Black Afrocentrists are obsessed with "Black"/"Black" influenced Africa though.

Threads have been posted in which Afrocentrists have done just that. Could you be any more dishonest?

This obsession is everywhere. Repeatedly crying ignorance does not change that.

Last edited by cachibatches; 02-23-2014 at 12:04 PM..

Old 02-28-2014, 05:26 PM

2 posts, read 2,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Threads have been posted in which Afrocentrists have done just that. Could you be any more dishonest?

This obsession is everywhere. Repeatedly crying ignorance does not change that.
Why are you so obsessed with what African Americans do?

Old 02-28-2014, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellyMel671 View Post
Why are you so obsessed with what African Americans do?
I am obsessed with what Afrocentrists do, because they are trying to re-write history, which is very important to me.

Old 03-03-2014, 11:43 AM

4,361 posts, read 7,073,436 times
In earlier times, African-Americans were wrongly equated with Ethiopia. 19th century American vaudeville "minstrel shows" Minstrel show - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia 's sometimes used the word "Ethiopian."

And a very famous old church in Harlem, NYC is called "Abyssinian Baptist Church." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abyssinian_Baptist_Church (Abbysinia is the old name for Ethiopia). The legendary lifelong Congressman Adam Clayton Powell, and his father, were pastors at that church.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:19 PM

93,276 posts, read 123,898,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowlane3 View Post
In earlier times, African-Americans were wrongly equated with Ethiopia. 19th century American vaudeville "minstrel shows" Minstrel show - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia 's sometimes used the word "Ethiopian."

And a very famous old church in Harlem, NYC is called "Abyssinian Baptist Church." Abyssinian Baptist Church - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (Abbysinia is the old name for Ethiopia). The legendary lifelong Congressman Adam Clayton Powell, and his father, were pastors at that church.
Ethiopia is word that came from Greeks that translates to mean Sunburned Faces. So, Ethiopia isn't just the name of a current country and was the name given to a nearby land area(Aethopia).

Old 03-03-2014, 02:28 PM

592 posts, read 591,029 times
After reading some of the op's responses to this thread, it stands to reason that the op has some sort of hidden agenda while trying to push his Eurocentric viewpoint that Ancient Egypt was not a Black nation. Using terms like "usefully black" whatever that means. All one has to do is read most any Ancient Greek historians account on what the Ancient Egyptians looked like.
It seems when ever Africans, regardless of which region in Africa they come from relates to Ancient Egypt then "Eurocentric's"(which I believe the op is one) tend to take issues with it as if they themselves have some stake to claim.

Last edited by jkc2j; 03-03-2014 at 02:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa