Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 10:45 AM

1,446 posts, read 1,943,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Addis, by far! I mean, I doubt I'd go back to Cairo, but I wouldn't mind going back to Addis someday. I'm curious as to how Addis will develop and change in the future.
They've got a new rail system that should be working from mid 2015 in Addis, a new stadium with a good design should be completed by 2017, that's all I really know

I enjoyed the outskirts of Ethiopia more than I enjoyed Addis, some good views
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2014, 12:39 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,903,185 times
How dirty is it in Cairo? I watched the Idiot Abroad Episode where he went to Cairo/Pyramids, and Cairo looked like a trash heap. Of course that was just TV, how is it in real life?

Old 10-09-2014, 08:52 PM

16,284 posts, read 42,954,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
How dirty is it in Cairo? I watched the Idiot Abroad Episode where he went to Cairo/Pyramids, and Cairo looked like a trash heap. Of course that was just TV, how is it in real life?
Cairo felt fine to me, in that regard. But, I live in Asia, so I'm used to that lived in feel. Trash heap though, I didn't see that at all. Just more walkable, dense, etc...and all that comes with that.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:53 PM

16,284 posts, read 42,954,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams_Lord View Post
They've got a new rail system that should be working from mid 2015 in Addis, a new stadium with a good design should be completed by 2017, that's all I really know

I enjoyed the outskirts of Ethiopia more than I enjoyed Addis, some good views
That's what I'm thinking too. THe only things really wrong with Addis was that it was still 'a work in progress'. Once more things like that develop, the place seems like it will be quite interesting. I quite liked the people and the culture. Very fascinating place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa