Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 09:52 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,334,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Here's the problem I have with this type of premise. Many Western countries feel a sense of entitlement when it comes to their ideology on how they define what is right or wrong. What most of these countries fail to realize is that not every nation has the same viewpoint as they do. As far as human rights are concerned, who's standard are we going by? Are we going by the Western ideology who believe that their viewpoint on Human Rights is above any other nation that doesn't agree with them? It's no secret that Western countries like the United States have a "my way or the highway" type of mentality when it comes to other nations. We're so quick to criticize other countries on human rights issues while at the same time ignoring serious issues in our own country. A lot of these Western countries are actually a bunch of hypocrites. As far as Gay Rights being Human rights, that's really debatable depending on the individual nation. Just because a certain country is liberal on certain issues, doesn't mean another country will be as liberal on those same issues in their culture.
Firstly, you really must get it out of your mind that gay rights is a "Western" thing. I am a Westerner, and my father is very disapproving of gay people. His parents even more so. On the politics thread of this forum you can find an endless stream of Westerners slamming their hands on their keyboard bashing gay people. Western countries themselves were savagely violent to gay people until the beginning of the 1800s. Holland, one of the most gay friendly countries on this earth, had public executions of homosexuals up until the last decade of the 1700s. Hostile laws remained for most Western countries up until the end of the 20th century and hostile attitudes remain to this day.

And Western countries are not hypocritical when it comes to human rights. Please provide some evidence the next time you want to make such an absurd claim. For more than 60 years Western countries have pioneered human rights around the world. In the aftermath of World War II's ruin most Western countries had finally realized how much mindless suffering comes about from attacking those who are different. Attitudes changed slowely but we are finally in a better mentality. That is why we try to influence Africa and other parts of the world where violence towards others is rampant. There is absolutely NOTHING good that can come from it. Gay people are a part of Africa just as they are a part of every other nation on Earth. If Africa murdered every single gay person on the continent they would be replaced in a mere generation. They are here to stay whether Africa chooses to create a culture of violence around them or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2014, 10:34 PM

8,632 posts, read 12,993,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
Firstly, you really must get it out of your mind that gay rights is a "Western" thing. I am a Westerner, and my father is very disapproving of gay people. His parents even more so. On the politics thread of this forum you can find an endless stream of Westerners slamming their hands on their keyboard bashing gay people. Western countries themselves were savagely violent to gay people until the beginning of the 1800s. Holland, one of the most gay friendly countries on this earth, had public executions of homosexuals up until the last decade of the 1700s. Hostile laws remained for most Western countries up until the end of the 20th century and hostile attitudes remain to this day.
That's one of the reasons why Western Countries are hypocritical. They want to criticize other countries for their treatment against gays but when it comes to their own countries, hate crimes against gays are still very prevalent to this very day. It all goes back to "entitlement". Many Western Countries feel that "their way is the only way" and every other perspective is inferior or incorrect.

Quote:
And Western countries are not hypocritical when it comes to human rights. Please provide some evidence the next time you want to make such an absurd claim. For more than 60 years Western countries have pioneered human rights around the world. In the aftermath of World War II's ruin most Western countries had finally realized how much mindless suffering comes about from attacking those who are different. Attitudes changed slowely but we are finally in a better mentality. That is why we try to influence Africa and other parts of the world where violence towards others is rampant. There is absolutely NOTHING good that can come from it. Gay people are a part of Africa just as they are a part of every other nation on Earth. If Africa murdered every single gay person on the continent they would be replaced in a mere generation. They are here to stay whether Africa chooses to create a culture of violence around them or not.
Not trying to sound harsh but couldn't you say the very same thing in regards to child molesters and murderers?

Old 02-11-2014, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
That's one of the reasons why Western Countries are hypocritical. They want to criticize other countries for their treatment against gays but when it comes to their own countries, hate crimes against gays are still very prevalent to this very day. It all goes back to "entitlement". Many Western Countries feel that "their way is the only way" and every other perspective is inferior or incorrect.

Not trying to sound harsh but couldn't you say the very same thing in regards to child molesters and murderers?
Western countries however do not have laws in place restricting the rights of individuals to engage in same sex relationships. You might find those that disapprove, but you will hardly find a person in the west trying to lock people up or execute people for being gay.

As for the bold, you certainly could. But I don't see how that is relevant to gay people. Child molesters and murderers are out to inflict harm and suffering upon others. Gay people are trying to just live their lives in peace with their consenting partners. Why bring up child molesters and murderers?

Old 02-11-2014, 11:15 PM

261 posts, read 512,489 times
Africa's plate is stacked in terms of whats 'hurting' it. The damage is done. What they don't like gays (like so many other countries) I never thought it was a detestation for them anyway.

Old 02-12-2014, 12:54 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,192,280 times
Quote:
Of course it does. They are persecuting a minority for being simply who they are. Such savagery does nothing to the benefit of a society.
"Minorities" that are a harm to society, such as sexual perverts, should be and are rightfully "persecuted". There is no "Right" to be immoral and have society accept it. You're argument is absurd.

Old 02-12-2014, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
"Minorities" that are a harm to society, such as sexual perverts, should be and are rightfully "persecuted". There is no "Right" to be immoral and have society accept it. You're argument is absurd.
How dare you. What other consenting adults do in the privacy of their homes is none of your god damn business, you sick FREAK! It is minds like yours that keep the world a violent place. It is people like you that stand with the likes of the westboro baptist church and Islamic terrorists. It is you who contributes NOTHING positive to this world and it will be a better place when you are no longer walking on it!

Old 02-12-2014, 01:53 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,192,280 times
Quote:
How dare you. What other consenting adults do in the privacy of their homes is none of your god damn business, you sick FREAK! It is minds like yours that keep the world a violent place. It is people like you that stand with the likes of the westboro baptist church and Islamic terrorists. It is you who contributes NOTHING positive to this world and it will be a better place when you are no longer walking on it!
Someday you will pray for the mountains to fall on your head to hide yourself from the wrath of almighty God. Repent and be saved. God will forgive you. I forgive you for wishing me dead.

Old 02-12-2014, 03:32 AM

1,057 posts, read 1,690,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
What are the negative long-term consequences of homosexuality?

No procreation? Is that really the worst thing that you can think of?

Old 02-12-2014, 03:35 AM

774 posts, read 1,856,844 times
Default Opinions rather than Research?

My friends, your various opinions are interesting.

Perhaps we can start with a basic platform upon which to evaluate the issue?
  1. To be Civilized means you have to be "civil."
  2. All schools of psychology show that what we hate in others, we hate in ourselves.
  3. What we fear ("Homophobic") in others ... we fear in ourselves.
    (if I'm cool with me and my sexuality, why on earth would I be uncomfortable with someone else's )
Bideshi and others who cite the "Moral High Ground" ... implying they are leaning on religion, right?
But that's NOTHING about what Jesus taught. The essence of religion is love, compassion, and forgiveness.
("Be not a judge.. for if ye are a judge, ye are not a lover of God, but a murderer.")

It's always "interesting" to observe the greatest zealots defending religion... when they don't even understand it...

I posted a list of highly informative links that show how the super rich control the people.
It's called, "Social Engineering" ... from cradle to grave ... most people live without ever having had an original thought. I really recommend you view--for your own sakes--that video called, "Human Resources (1/9).

Now ... one of the saddest post I read was from SunStorm.

My friend, I am 60, and it took me a long time to understand that "Self Righteous Indignation" prevented me from seeing and understanding a lot of things. It's almost the enemy of scholarship.

When you wrote about the Catholic Church NOT having started the African Slave Trade.. WHERE did you get that information???

All you have to do is a simple Google Search.
  • What year did it start?
  • Why were Spain and Portugal (two seafaring Catholic nations) enlisted to "go into Africa and do whatever is necessary to reduce them into servitude" ..)
  • And who was it that said those words?

My friend... Spirituality is MUCH higher than religion.
Most people who think they are worshiping "God" are in truth, worshiping religion.
The Old Testament is the Torah ... a book designed to keep people from having sex with sheep because there was no penicillin at the time. ((chuckle))

The greatest "religious paths" ... the highest spirituality known to man was birth in Africa and many of you defending ... to the sword... the crap that Christianity (men in dresses ... many of them pedophiles) and Islam condensed and gave back to you. Sad. So sad. People on the continent who have lost knowledge of the original knowledge.

SunStorm ... ((chuckle)) .. oh wow... HISTORY IS NOT PROPAGANDA.
SCIENCE IS NOT PROPAGANDA ....

The ONLY
"constant" in this UNIVERSE is change.
The random shaking of the DNA dice at each birth is what has kept the human species alive.

(Why would any remotely sane, free thinking adult argue with reality ... unless ... the Spin Doctors have been successful in distorting his or her view of what reality is? )

You can LOOK at a person ... ANY WHERE IN THE WORLD... and SEE there is a range of what we view as masculine and feminine traits within their body-mind. IT'S SCIENCE. IT'S FACT. IT'S THERE.

Some males are born with more feminine aspects to them ... "girlish eyes" and feminine bodies than the guy who is BORN ready to play football.

And some women ... what do we say... "Don't mess with her, Queen Latifa hits like a man!"
There are women ("man with a womb") who you have to look at twice ... and then sideways to decide if they are man or woman. It's the way they were born.

In fact, it's so common that:

Quote:
"About 1 in 100 babies are born with an intersex condition, and 1 in 1000 babies have an intersex condition that the medical community declares needs surgery, in order adhere to binary sex/gender ideals. It can be difficult to determine if an intersex baby is genetically male or female (with XY chromosomes or XX chromosomes). Sometimes, the condition may appear when the baby reaches puberty or becomes an adult."
NOTE: Intersexuals are not hermaphrodites. That term is only used for animals which have both natural male and female organs.

Doctors commonly do surgery on babies that corrupt and mess up a child's genitalia and leave that human being confused for life. And this is just the tip of the iceberg!

Now... DO YOU ACTUALLY THINK IT'S A LOVING GOD WHO TELLS YOU THAT IT'S "RIGHT" TO MURDER OR TORTURE A PERSON "HE" CREATED???? ????

SUNSTORM ... I know how you feel. I was raised in church. PLEASE read this.
It's scary to begin searching for deeper meaning about what religion has told you. There are 4 types of anger, and beneath 3 is fear. This is why FAITH is so important ... not blind faith, but faith that you will be revealed truth through being called out unto the pilgrimage of "The Odyssey".

Dear friend... ((chuckle)) ... and I say this not as an attack, but it is pure ignorance not to know who started the African Slave Trade.
Quote:
Pope Innocent VIII (Latin: Innocentius VIII; 1432 – 25 July 1492), born Giovanni Battista Cybo (or Cibo), was Pope from 29 August 1484 to his death in 1492 ... is the author and originator of the African Slave Trade.
SEE: Pope Innocent VIII - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Investigate what you believe in. Religion is like elementary school... but SPIRIT-tuality is a journey that takes you out beyond where the ground is firm. This is where your knowledge begins to become tested.

People will believe the most illogical things ... WHY? Because of fear and because they were told at a very young age that it's true.

MOST don't even know how to read that Western Bible!
"... be not of the letter because the letter kills..."

The meat is in the metaphors and allegories! Jesus taught in parables. "Cast your net to the right side of the boat" means the right side of your brain! The right side of your brain is what you access in meditation... but go ask your precious priest what he thinks about meditation. ((lol))

Perhaps this video will begin to start you on your journey:

Bill Donehue on, "Hidden Meanings"

In other words, if each of you will begin to really look into the logic of what you believe, you HAVE to eventually come face to face with uncertainty ... and we don't like that. But to be a self-governing, intelligent adult, this is what we must do.

Do not be bambozzled by the same people who have enslaved and corrupted much of the world for centuries. Follow the money!

Old 02-12-2014, 03:42 AM

774 posts, read 1,856,844 times
Default African Spirituality

If anyone wishes to present themselves as a scholar on African Spirituality and history, they must learn from sources like this:

Metu Neter, Vol. 1: The Great Oracle of Tehuti and the Egyptian System of Spiritual Cultivation: Ra Un Nefer Amen: 9781877662034: Amazon.com: Books

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa