Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 03:25 PM

947 posts, read 1,463,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scobby View Post
Funny comparison,confirmed and certified "rapists" are not asking for any rights ??
Ugandan Reverend Simon Lokodo: 'Child Rape Better than Homosexuality' [VIDEO]

"Lokodo, who is the current State Minister for Ethics and Integrity in Uganda and claims to have several degrees in theology, considers himself a good Christian who defends his country from the threat of homosexuality."

Yep this Reverend stated that raping children was acceptable for Christians to do while consensual homosexual relations between adults was immoral and a sin in the eyes of god.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2014, 04:28 AM

4,651 posts, read 4,590,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d from birmingham View Post
Ugandan Reverend Simon Lokodo: 'Child Rape Better than Homosexuality' [VIDEO]

"Lokodo, who is the current State Minister for Ethics and Integrity in Uganda and claims to have several degrees in theology, considers himself a good Christian who defends his country from the threat of homosexuality."

Yep this Reverend stated that raping children was acceptable for Christians to do while consensual homosexual relations between adults was immoral and a sin in the eyes of god.
I don't know about this story ,i really don't understand what you're talking about.

As i said,what you describe as rapist are not asking for any rights.

Old 02-28-2014, 05:38 AM

261 posts, read 512,404 times
When will people finally give up on Africa. It has been this way for a very very long time now and this is not the only single issue. It is stuff like this along side the unbelievable wars and conditions that makes me wonder why anyone would chose to even be close to the place--its scary.

I tell some of these young kids every day they should be happy they were born in a Western society because their are millions of people out there who were not so lucky.

Old 02-28-2014, 06:09 AM

947 posts, read 1,463,624 times
Quote:
I don't know about this story ,i really don't understand what you're talking about.

You have a deficency. You claim Uganda is cracking down on immoral people yet the immoral people are the ones who passed this anti-gay law. It is the supposed straight Christians who are immoral.

Old 02-28-2014, 09:53 AM

8,632 posts, read 12,990,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumNCoke View Post
When will people finally give up on Africa. It has been this way for a very very long time now and this is not the only single issue. It is stuff like this along side the unbelievable wars and conditions that makes me wonder why anyone would chose to even be close to the place--its scary.

I tell some of these young kids every day they should be happy they were born in a Western society because their are millions of people out there who were not so lucky.
Wars and conflicts happen all over the world and it's not exclusive to the African continent. Seems like your just looking for an excuse to bash the continent just for the sake of bashing it.

Old 02-28-2014, 10:36 AM

6,457 posts, read 7,789,115 times
Quote:

It's hard to talk and debate with you. Your thoughts are disconnected.

Why were you talking about animals and rights? Are you saying that by the Chinese eating cats/dogs that they are violating the rights of those cats/dogs? I truly don't follow.

And in the quote above, again, rapists asking for rights? That doesn't have direct relevance to the topic, neither do animal rights. The arguments you are trying to make need to be deduced, and then I have to make assumptions about what you are trying to argue. I can't follow your thinking.

Stop bending the topic. It's pretty simple, the leaders of this country have a warped way of thinking.

Old 02-28-2014, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-fused View Post
It's hard to talk and debate with you. Your thoughts are disconnected.

Why were you talking about animals and rights? Are you saying that by the Chinese eating cats/dogs that they are violating the rights of those cats/dogs? I truly don't follow.

And in the quote above, again, rapists asking for rights? That doesn't have direct relevance to the topic, neither do animal rights. The arguments you are trying to make need to be deduced, and then I have to make assumptions about what you are trying to argue. I can't follow your thinking.

Stop bending the topic. It's pretty simple, the leaders of this country have a warped way of thinking.
is it a sovereign country ? ru going to invade this country for that ? this country its own laws and regulation.
You don't like it,that's you.

When in Rome,do like romans do !!

Old 02-28-2014, 01:53 PM

6,457 posts, read 7,789,115 times
Quote:
is it a sovereign country ? ru going to invade this country for that ? this country its own laws and regulation.
You don't like it,that's you.

When in Rome,do like romans do !!
Again, you're thoughts and conclusions are really off.

Who said anything about invading? I don’t recall advocating or even mentioning ANY kind of action, much less the drastic action of an invasion. I’m just talking here...using my words, expressing my thoughts – that’s all.

I mean it’s not like I’m advocating physical aggression and oppression towards a group. Then again, I’m not part of the Gov’t of Uganda (little jokey poo there).

And no, I don’t like it. But regardless of my opinion, the main point is that it doesn’t matter whether I agree or disagree with the lifestyle; discrimination and oppression is wrong – pretty basic stuff.

This is how simple it is, answer 2 questions:

Is discrimination a bad thing?
Is the Gov’t of Uganda discriminating?

Old 02-28-2014, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-fused View Post
Again, you're thoughts and conclusions are really off.

Who said anything about invading? I don’t recall advocating or even mentioning ANY kind of action, much less the drastic action of an invasion. I’m just talking here...using my words, expressing my thoughts – that’s all.

I mean it’s not like I’m advocating physical aggression and oppression towards a group. Then again, I’m not part of the Gov’t of Uganda (little jokey poo there).

And no, I don’t like it. But regardless of my opinion, the main point is that it doesn’t matter whether I agree or disagree with the lifestyle; discrimination and oppression is wrong – pretty basic stuff.

This is how simple it is, answer 2 questions:

Is discrimination a bad thing?
Is the Gov’t of Uganda discriminating?
What you see as a discrimination in your country,may not be a discrimination in another country.

You definition of discrimination is only valid in your country,you cannot force it on other countries or people who don't buy your definition.

Old 02-28-2014, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d from birmingham View Post
You have a deficency. You claim Uganda is cracking down on immoral people yet the immoral people are the ones who passed this anti-gay law. It is the supposed straight Christians who are immoral.
I never claimed that,i said each country has it's own laws and regulations,you can't tell other countries what to do .
I never talked about morals,i talked about laws and regulation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa