U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 03:08 AM

4,654 posts, read 3,708,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post
Huh? Give me a link to where Europeans are still stealing from the "poor suffering Africans". If anything it would be the Chinese. In the past decade they have sent hundreds of thousands to take Africas resources.
Not true,do not deflect the problem towards the chinese.
Chinese did not overthrow African government or assassinate regime opponents.
European still steal africa natural resources, the best example is the french company AREVA, one of the largest uranium producer in the world,has been exploiting Niger uranium for decades , Niger is still the poorest country in the planet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2014, 03:49 AM

1 posts, read 1,586 times
poverty is perspective, as a child i thought we were poor,but looking back i was as rich as i could ever be.although yes the chinese have invaded africa especially here in kenya making billion dollar deals with the government.

Old 10-28-2014, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalenjin View Post
poverty is perspective, as a child i thought we were poor,but looking back i was as rich as i could ever be.although yes the chinese have invaded africa especially here in kenya making billion dollar deals with the government.
If you're an african,u just don't know how to read history.
Kenya was an english colony so it was invaded by the british.
Kenya did not gain independence until the sixties.
China never colonized Kenya,China never invaded Kenya.
So if you regret british occupation of Kenya, you' re not true son of Africa.
Talking about the recent China's economic interest in Africa,it i is perfectly legitimate,legal and peaceful.
If you're not biased, you would agree that indians own Kenya's economy.
They were brought by the british to subdue kenyans on the economic level, under the false pretext of cultiivating
Tea.

Old 10-28-2014, 05:44 AM

89 posts, read 134,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scobby View Post
Not true,do not deflect the problem towards the chinese.
Chinese did not overthrow African government or assassinate regime opponents.
European still steal africa natural resources, the best example is the french company AREVA, one of the largest uranium producer in the world,has been exploiting Niger uranium for decades , Niger is still the poorest country in the planet.
right!!!!!!
you know if people dont educate themselves, it's gonna be very hard for them to understand.
These problems are so complex

Old 10-28-2014, 05:49 AM

89 posts, read 134,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalenjin View Post
You know what Scobby said is true!!!

Yes chinese are taking advantage from africans but believe me the worst are europeans !!!!

Old 10-28-2014, 06:27 AM

1,689 posts, read 2,224,613 times
* European colonization truly messed africa up

* corruption is rampant in modern africa

Old 10-28-2014, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene-cd View Post
* European colonization truly messed africa up

* corruption is rampant in modern africa
Right, they keep repeating the same propaganda Europeans telling them to sing ,focusing on China while forgetting about European exploitation for hundreds of years ,not even to mention slavery.

China never enslaved any African country,never colonized any African country, actually China helped most African countries to win their independence, help with arms ,training and money.

China also has the right to do business in Africa, do it legally with governments in place, so we can't blame China for doing business, China is a blessing for Africa ,not matter what the Europeans would say.

Old 10-28-2014, 08:42 AM

59 posts, read 64,113 times
Because there is no proper governance and there are so many kind of terrorist groups and everyone is having guns with them and no one is there to control them.Some gangs uses this resources for their own good.

Old 10-28-2014, 10:01 AM

1,008 posts, read 1,120,340 times
Simple answer is their too poor. When a country does not
have the money comparable to first world nations and very
few good jobs like Africa case it's going to be nearly
impossible for the people of Africa to exploit those resources.

Old 10-28-2014, 11:26 AM

3,625 posts, read 7,170,681 times
corruption and lack of manufacturing/refineries

If africa was able to REALLY industrialize Many European economies would suffer tremendously
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or