U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 12:17 PM

14,800 posts, read 17,713,305 times

Advertisements

I know the U.S.A is such an awesome place and you all love to talk about it but i'd rather keep this about South Africa and the rest of Africa.

Now what do you think the rest of Africa's view of South Africa is? is there jealousy? are they looked at as the rich kids on the block?

Old 11-26-2014, 10:48 PM

102 posts, read 122,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kradmelder View Post
Ive worked in many African countries. My view? well reality: filth, laziness, corruption, idleness, violence. All you would expect from people who could not even invent the wheel, impound or divert water, died of disease and regular drought, and are totally reliant on others to make any progress at all.

But why just look here. For americans see: Haiti, Watts, Detroit or any other concentration of blacks.
While you're at it don't forget to take a turn down Atlanta, Cities in North Carolina, Texas, Washington D.C, Oklahoma, N.Y.C, Richmond Virgina, Illinois, Michigan, Kentucky and hundreds of other large metropolis mostly black run and owned communties with thriving upper class black Americans. There's cities and counties in America that have been populated with black owned businesses and upper class educated black families for hundreds of years that you've never heard of or know about. One of them being Durham, North Carolina known as "The Black Wall Street". That state has 11 colleges (some high rated) that were built and run by black americans. Not just the ones you only see on your little box inside your 4 walls which "they" only show on your little TV screen.

Shock, I know

oops

Old 11-27-2014, 03:23 PM

9,992 posts, read 9,954,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I know the U.S.A is such an awesome place and you all love to talk about it but i'd rather keep this about South Africa and the rest of Africa.

Now what do you think the rest of Africa's view of South Africa is? is there jealousy? are they looked at as the rich kids on the block?
Doubt it, SA is probably looked at as racist kids on the block considering...that should be obvious

Old 12-06-2014, 06:22 PM

7,437 posts, read 5,929,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post

It depends on which African country. I don't think that Nigerians look up to South Africa, and indeed now claim that they have a larger economy. I suspect they think that black South Africans are somewhat backward.

Old 12-07-2014, 12:10 AM

15,065 posts, read 19,701,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kradmelder View Post
But why just look here. For americans see: Haiti, Watts, Detroit or any other concentration of blacks.
You really think a country is better or worse based on the percentage of black people they have?
I think there's a name for that type of mentality .... what is it that people call it?

Old 12-07-2014, 05:44 AM

37,992 posts, read 55,769,955 times
I think this thread took a wrong turn.
Closed.
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Macon, Duluth, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or