U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-18-2016, 09:03 PM
 
7,437 posts, read 5,923,923 times
Reputation: 3799

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
You are writing nonsense.




Black people for the most part like it in Europe, including Germany, that is why hundreds of thousands risk their lives every year to get here..
You are chatting such nonsense that you merely reveal your total ignorance of blacks, or even about how to conduct a reasonable discussion about us without being offensive and borderline racist.


You know nothing about what life is like for blacks in the USA. You don't even know what racism is. I have lived in the USA for 35 years, and I received more racist insults when I was living in London. In fact I cannot even recall any racist insults directed at me in NYC.


I meet several blacks from Paris who now live in NYC because they can live a life with more opportunities. Aside from the artists very few American blacks live in Paris in 2016 looking for a better life, and in fact the poverty of that artist crowd is well known.


No I don't encounter racist comments from whites. What I encounter is institutional racism.


I bet you don't even know what institutional racism is.


Which blacks try to get to Germany? Black doctors and engineers? Or blacks whose job is to sweep streets.


The fact that your image of blacks is that of refugees and ball players says much of the type of blacks who live in Germany. Many refugees with upward mobility so limited that the only non manual worker blacks that you notice are the athletes.


Blacks with options don't have to risk their lives to get any where. It is only black refugees who do.


Are you really so stupid that you use refugees fleeing from Eritrea and other hell holes as bench marks for how much upward mobility a given society offers blacks? And I am willing to bet that many of those folks try to get to the UK, or even France as soon as they find their feet in Europe!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-18-2016, 09:15 PM
 
7,437 posts, read 5,923,923 times
Reputation: 3799
In view of the fact that Europe never had a civil rights movement and affirmative action enforcing the fair treatment of blacks and other minorities, the treatment of blacks in Europe is surprisingly good.[/quote]



There are civil rights movements for blacks in the UK, France, and The Netherlands. The fact that there aren't any in Germany is because blacks are only too afraid of what you Germans will do to them should they protest.


Listen, Quit while you are ahead. This topic is beyond your competency, as indicated by your racist condescending notion that blacks must cease focusing on athletics. All you know of us is what you see on TV. You don't know enough about blacks to know that the vast majority aren't so stupid to think that they can spend their whole life pining on careers only available to a few thousand people globally.


This is like the whites in apartheid South Africa who screamed that life was great for blacks in that country during that era, and that it was only communist agitators who were stirring up the blacks.




Germany grapples with day-to-day racism | Germany | DW.COM | 02.09.2013


Black man living in Germany. Go argue with him and scream that as a white German you know more about what blacks experience than he does.


He only wishes that blacks had the clout in Germany that they do in the UK, USA and elsewhere to battle against racism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2016, 09:41 PM
 
7,437 posts, read 5,923,923 times
Reputation: 3799

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiJof_zx2Uk


The UK in the 70s.


1. Blatantly brutal racism on display.


2. Very strong black cultural identities developed as the first generation of UK born or bred Caribbean blacks fought to secure their own spaces,


What is this about blacks not having problems in Europe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2016, 10:23 PM
 
7,437 posts, read 5,923,923 times
Reputation: 3799

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BEginKevFM




Two generations of British born blacks discuss life in the UK.


Black British people are better off than are other European blacks, with only the Netherlands being on par.


And yet they have had experienced racism. This led to riots in the 1980s, and the result of this led to the British gov't to understand that they had a problem which would get worse if not dealt with.


So cease with the nonsense that Europe has been nice to blacks. What British blacks went through is what black New Yorkers went through. Not all of the USA was Mississippi.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2016, 06:13 AM
 
Location: West Coast of Europe
21,359 posts, read 19,293,025 times
Reputation: 8475
I will ignore your personal attacks and just comment on a few things you said.

I watched parts of your video (don't have time and bandwidth to watch everything). I used to live in a big British city myself. In many British cities ethnic groups from Muslim countries have a much harder time than blacks. It is the same in France by the way. And in Germany it's the Turks. That is why I am saying Europe doesn't have any particular problem with blacks. Maybe blacks see it differently because they see everything through their black filter and already suffer from a kind of paranoia (the whole world is against us black people).
What I also noticed is that a lot of ethnic groups from abroad are at least partly themselves to blame for their problems. I have seen people from West Africa run around in Britain as if they were in Nigeria, with typical head gear and clothes. That is a stupid mistake, it is like saying to locals, we don't like your culture, we prefer our own habits, we just live here for the money's sake. When in Rome, do as the Romans do, in this case dress like Brits, speak like Brits, behave like Brits. Drop that whole Jamaican Rastafari thing, which is associated with drugs.
Another mistake is the tendency by people with migrations background to huddle together in certain parts of big cities, which leads to ghettos. Most non-ghetto people (i.e. the vast majority) people don't like ghetto people. Most of the race riots in Britain took place in typical black ghettos.

Also, your video might as well be on blacks in the US. Same schooling, youth unemployment and other problems. The people in your video describe mostly the situation decades ago, but back then the US was also a mess in terms of race relations. You cite NYC, but really, what is the point of that? It is one of, if not THE most liberal and international city in the US. But NYC is not typical of the US. Go to cities like Cincinnati, Baltimore, etc. and entire regions like the Deep South. Very different situation also with institutionalized racism and everything (for instance when applying for a credit).

Yes, as that guy in the video said color gets less and less the higher you go in companies, but that also applies to other groups, such as Muslims or women, it is not a black problem.

Although I don't like Germany, I know it well. Being black is less of a problem than being Turkish or Muslim in general. Russians also have frequent conflicts with Germans.

And yes, if Europe were as bad as you claim, Africans would not die to come here, not even if life in their countries of origin sucked.
Many migrants won't get very far in Europe, but not because they are black, but because they are not qualified enough. That applies not only to Africans, but also to Afghans, Syrians etc. And those that are qualified, will have a good life eventually, once they are fluent in the local languages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2016, 09:07 AM
 
597 posts, read 399,850 times
Reputation: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Actually at the world class level sprints are a competition between US blacks and Jamaicans. Brazil has the largest black population in the Americas yet they don't factor.


Americans and Jamaicans take sprints seriously. They identify those with potential and train the heck out of them.


I cannot recall any West African nation winning medals at the Olympics in sprints. NOT Nigeria.


So please cease insulting the athletes who take their talents seriously, or I will tell you that white swimmers aren't talented, or hard working. Just lucky beneficiaries of some genetic advantage of floating.
Frankie Fredericks from Namibia won 4 silvers in sprints - 100 and 200 in both 1992 and 1996 (Barcelona and Atlanta). He also won three World Championships silvers over his career and one gold in the 200.

I was going to add David Kamoga from Uganda who won bronze in the 400 in 1996 (Atlanta), but Uganda is not a West African nation.

Nigeria won at least 1 4x100 relay bronze at the Olympics, though that obviously isn't the same as an individual medal.

This doesn't take away from the fact that sprinters from the U.S. and Jamaica generally (but not completely) dominate. But, just shows that West African sprinters have actually won medals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2016, 03:24 PM
 
7,437 posts, read 5,923,923 times
Reputation: 3799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I will ignore your personal attacks and just comment on a few things you said.

I watched parts of your video (don't have time and bandwidth to watch everything). I used to live in a big British city myself. In many British cities ethnic groups from Muslim countries have a much harder time than blacks. It is the same in France by the way. And in Germany it's the Turks. That is why I am saying Europe doesn't have any particular problem with blacks. Maybe blacks see it differently because they see everything through their black filter and already suffer from a kind of paranoia (the whole world is against us black people).
What I also noticed is that a lot of ethnic groups from abroad are at least partly themselves to blame for their problems. I have seen people from West Africa run around in Britain as if they were in Nigeria, with typical head gear and clothes. That is a stupid mistake, it is like saying to locals, we don't like your culture, we prefer our own habits, we just live here for the money's sake. When in Rome, do as the Romans do, in this case dress like Brits, speak like Brits, behave like Brits. Drop that whole Jamaican Rastafari thing, which is associated with drugs.
Another mistake is the tendency by people with migrations background to huddle together in certain parts of big cities, which leads to ghettos. Most non-ghetto people (i.e. the vast majority) people don't like ghetto people. Most of the race riots in Britain took place in typical black ghettos.

Also, your video might as well be on blacks in the US. Same schooling, youth unemployment and other problems. The people in your video describe mostly the situation decades ago, but back then the US was also a mess in terms of race relations. You cite NYC, but really, what is the point of that? It is one of, if not THE most liberal and international city in the US. But NYC is not typical of the US. Go to cities like Cincinnati, Baltimore, etc. and entire regions like the Deep South. Very different situation also with institutionalized racism and everything (for instance when applying for a credit).

Yes, as that guy in the video said color gets less and less the higher you go in companies, but that also applies to other groups, such as Muslims or women, it is not a black problem.

Although I don't like Germany, I know it well. Being black is less of a problem than being Turkish or Muslim in general. Russians also have frequent conflicts with Germans.

And yes, if Europe were as bad as you claim, Africans would not die to come here, not even if life in their countries of origin sucked.
Many migrants won't get very far in Europe, but not because they are black, but because they are not qualified enough. That applies not only to Africans, but also to Afghans, Syrians etc. And those that are qualified, will have a good life eventually, once they are fluent in the local languages.


Many immigrants in the UK, Canada, and the USA get very far. Its a continental European problem why they don't in those other countries!


1. The fact that Muslims have life harder than blacks doesn't mean that conditions for blacks is good. It just says that conditions for Muslims are horrendous. You must really look within yourself to see how good life is. Look how these kids had to struggle to admit that they were British (cannot claim to be English) and add all sorts of modifyers tied to the ancestral lands of the GRAND parents.


2. The use of two generations indicates that in the 70s there was tremendous hostility towards blacks, with the younger generations indicating that conditions still exist, even if less graphic. So let go if this nonsense that Europe loves blacks. They don't. They just hate Muslims more because there are more Muslims so Muslims represent a greater threat!


3. Yes you noticed the similarities with the USA. Goes to show that the USA isn't that bad relative to Europe. In fact in 2016 European blacks face the same problems, though with the disadvantage that many Europeans are like you and refuse to admit it. As in the USA, so in Europe, some blacks succeed, many struggle, and many fail!


4. This is why the USA is better. We let people be, once they learn the language and possess skills that enable them to be absorbed into the economy.


What is wrong with Nigerians maintaining their cultural identity? This is why more educated Africans go to the UK and the USA< as they don't have people like you harassing them to be what they aren't. In fact Nigerians are a group which do BETTER than other blacks in Britain. Its their drive and self confidence which enables them to tunnel through the barriers to success.


Nigerian kids do BETTER in London's schools than do native WHITE kids! This is because their parents are professionals (who will never go to Germany) and so insist t5hat these kids take their education seriously.

Last edited by caribny; 07-19-2016 at 03:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2016, 03:29 PM
 
7,437 posts, read 5,923,923 times
Reputation: 3799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
. Maybe blacks see it differently because they see everything through their black filter and already suffer from a kind of paranoia (the whole world is against us black people).
.


Seriously read this again and ask yourself who gives you the right as a white man to tell blacks what their lives are?


If they complain about police harassment and blatant racism in the job market than why are you telling them that they are paranoid?


When they apply for a job, and suddenly when they appear the job is gone, and when they call back the job is there, is that their paranoia?


When in the 80s they were EXPLICITLY told that blacks weren't to be hired to do jobs (low level ones at that)in some companies, was that their imagination?


Should they jump up for joy that all they faced was police harassment and job discrimination, and not being beaten in the streets or fire bombed as many British Muslims were in that era?


Really seriously. Take a good look at yourself.


Just imagine being German and having to undergo that in the USA, and then being told, oh well the Hispanics have it worse!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2016, 05:08 AM
 
Location: West Coast of Europe
21,359 posts, read 19,293,025 times
Reputation: 8475
Sorry, little time now.

No, Nigerians just like Ghanaians etc. like to go to Britain and the US because they speak the same language and because there already are huge communities there. It doesn't say anything about what life would be for them in other European countries. It's like with me, I like Bordeaux, France, but I don't speak French, so I won't move there.

I am not saying that Europe LOVES blacks as you put it, but the US doesn't love blacks, either.

And today blacks have no race-based problems in Europe, if they do it right, which I repeat - even if you don't like to hear it - includes dressing like locals and not in some exotic African costumes. When Arabs wear their white robes or burqas in Europe, they also meet with resistance.

And yes, in my view some blacks have become paranoid about racism. I am talking about today, mind you. I know many of them had a difficult past, but things have improved a lot both in the US and even more so in Europe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2016, 07:38 AM
 
Location: Washington D.C. By way of Texas
18,626 posts, read 27,037,620 times
Reputation: 9576
Quote:
Originally Posted by goillini8 View Post
Frankie Fredericks from Namibia won 4 silvers in sprints - 100 and 200 in both 1992 and 1996 (Barcelona and Atlanta). He also won three World Championships silvers over his career and one gold in the 200.

I was going to add David Kamoga from Uganda who won bronze in the 400 in 1996 (Atlanta), but Uganda is not a West African nation.

Nigeria won at least 1 4x100 relay bronze at the Olympics, though that obviously isn't the same as an individual medal.

This doesn't take away from the fact that sprinters from the U.S. and Jamaica generally (but not completely) dominate. But, just shows that West African sprinters have actually won medals.
Namibia isn't a West African nation either. At least the West Africa that we generally refer to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top