U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2015, 11:37 AM

339 posts, read 249,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
There isn't any evidence presented in Black Athena or any other Afrocentric text. None whatsoever. Bernal cites Herodotus, a fifth century Greek who niether spoke nor wrote Egyptian and likely never vistied Egypt, The Golden Ass and The Heremes Trismogestos writings, both common era, and the quaint myths of free masons.

There are no actual ancient Egyptian text that equate Greek learning. None. There is no case to be made.

I am not going to continue on endlessly arguing about the shared cultural history of Europeans It is a real thing and you simply need to study history. If you think Reggae music and voodoo make you an Egyptian, then whatever.

So in other words you have no argument lol. Especially if it only consists of presumptions and culturally biased opinions. Not sure where in my argument that me refuting your points about the differences between cultural assimilation and conception that you concluded I said "reggae music and voodoo" makes black Americans Egyptian. If that's what you got from that then I'm not sure what else to tell you lol.

Last edited by jkc2j; 11-15-2015 at 11:54 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2015, 11:43 AM

339 posts, read 249,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWlll View Post
originally posted by jkc2j

lol nice try
u are obviously in denial
why would i look at Nubians or sudanese when i am talking about EGYPTIANS, Cachibaches posted numerous dna studies that prove modern Egyptians to be the only descendants of the ancient Egyptians and yet u divert the discussion to talk about a whole different people like Nubians or Sudanese, old lame afrocentric tactic that proves u people are only choosing to believe what makes u feel better rather than what is real.
u still call us Arabs althought we said many times we aren't from Arabia, we are refered to as Copts althought that term didnt exist during ancient times, we remain the same Copts but most of us just converted to Islam and speak arabic, even chritian Egyptians nowadays speak arabic and non of them knows how to speak coptic, only christiam priests still speak Coptic and fyi Hieroglyphs were translated using coptic, not nubian or any other language from Sub Saharan Africa or east AFrica

yepp
well said, being Arab comes from speaking Arabic, modern Nubians are same as ancient Nubians, the fact that they speak arabic nowadays doesnt make them different people
same goes for modern Egyptians, we speak Arabic but that doesnt make us any different people from the ancient Egyptians

many nubians consider themselves different from Sub Saharans and they complain about Bantus trying to steal their history too, i have seen that many times online, but many of Nubians and Sub saharans share the goal of attributing the ancient Egyptian history to themselves, poor people
u make me feel privilveged being Egyptian althought Egypt nowadays is a mess lol

tell that to ur fellow afrocenters who keep claiming that we modern Egyptians and white people broke statue noses to hide their african features, obviously many of them admit their is certain African features when they see statues with wide and broken noses, but when they see a statue with pointy nose they resort to the "no certain features or some sort of measuring tool to tell how African one is"

you by telling us to look at the Nubians and sudanese if we wanna see how ancient Egyptians looked like u are stealing Egypt's history and attributing it to another group of people who are different racially and culture wise (we had alot of culture influence on Nubia tho, got influenced by them too but we were always the dominant side most of the time culturly and politically)

not at all, if u see it this way then that is great, we will always be welcoming for such attempts of unity and learning about each other, but u cant deny that this isn't how afrocentrics see it.
i have seen dizillions of afrocentrics telling me get out of Africa and leave Egypt calling me an invader from Arabia that stole their land and claimed their history whereas they can never prove those outragous claims.
Afrocentrism turned into a black KKK based on mythology and it is getting enemies day by day and if Black people think they are on the right track this way then they better think again since at some point too much people will stand united against this racist agenda
What am I in denial of? That the Ancients Egyptians were white/European? If that's the case then no, I don't agree that that they were. Call me Afrocentric or what have you. Doesn't bother me. I'm a student of knowledge. From the books I'm read and from what I've seen, it makes it difficult for the case to state otherwise. Regaredless of what phenotypical characteristics you deem otherwise. An East Indian is no less Asian than someone from Japan. An African is an African east, west, north, central and south.

Last edited by jkc2j; 11-15-2015 at 12:35 PM..

Old 11-15-2015, 12:54 PM

6,597 posts, read 9,114,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkc2j View Post

So you've read Black Athena? What evidence presented did you not agree with? If it's easily refutable wouldn't you provide examples? Black Athena is only one book of many.
I think Martin Bernal's work needs more research. In the video below at around 3:45 Mary Lefkowitz asked Bernal to provide examples of how Egyptian and Greek philosophies were identical if the Greeks got most of their knowledge from the Egyptians as he believes. Well Bernal in response just came with some speculations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UmYAwbRXH0

Old 11-15-2015, 02:10 PM

6,212 posts, read 7,424,329 times
His mummified corpse resembles that of a Black Afrikan or Negroid, from the skull structure to the preserved skin. Never ceases to boggle my mind how both the Caucasoids and the so-called modern Egyptian "Arabs" (mixed Turks) want to claim Ancient Kemet as their own so badly with their fabricated "evidence". Culture vultures.

Old 11-15-2015, 02:38 PM
AFP

6,911 posts, read 4,282,994 times
What experts have stated that the skull and mummified skin appears sub-Saharan African?

The likeness in the National Geographic magazine shares an uncanny resemblance to the Copts.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...ngtutface.html

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...g_Tut_face.jpg

https://www.google.com/search?q=pic+...3cJVbSbei5M%3A

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnnnext/dam...-story-top.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...ists_produ.jpg

Last edited by AFP; 11-15-2015 at 03:08 PM..

Old 11-15-2015, 07:24 PM
AFP

I recall reading a post I thought it was on this thread apparently not, someone had mentioned that the Beja must have been descended from the ancient Egyptians due to the language they speak. That was a false assumption which is clarified by this study I'm posting it clearly states the Beja migrated from Ethiopia paragraph 5 under migrations and admixture. See link #2.

Figure 2 in link #2 is outdated(link #1 contains updated info.)

The Australia/Melanesia branch migrated out of Africa earlier than Europeans, Middle Easterners, Asians these populations are actually closer to sub-Saharan Africans genetically than Australians/Melanesians.

Link #1http://investigativegenetics.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13323-015-0030-2

Link #2 The Evolution of Human Genetic and Phenotypic Variation in Africa

Last edited by AFP; 11-15-2015 at 07:57 PM..

Old 11-15-2015, 11:51 PM

3,567 posts, read 2,550,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkc2j View Post
So in other words you have no argument lol. Especially if it only consists of presumptions and culturally biased opinions. Not sure where in my argument that me refuting your points about the differences between cultural assimilation and conception that you concluded I said "reggae music and voodoo" makes black Americans Egyptian. If that's what you got from that then I'm not sure what else to tell you lol.
Uh, I have just pointed out that there is no evidence presented in Black Athena. It is not up for argument. If you know of an actual Egyptian text that approximates Greek philosophy or government, post it. If not, stand down. The third choice is to make a damn fool of yourself.

It is the Afrocentric way to, when beaten, merely claim that it is all adifferance of oppinion. It isn't. If you are making a claim, you need to present evidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
I think Martin Bernal's work needs more research. In the video below at around 3:45 Mary Lefkowitz asked Bernal to provide examples of how Egyptian and Greek philosophies were identical if the Greeks got most of their knowledge from the Egyptians as he believes. Well Bernal in response just came with some speculations.

There is no more research to be done. That is exactly the point. The Rosetta stone was found centuires ago and all Egyptian texts available have been translated. There is nothing in any of them that equates Greek learning. It is a settled matter unless some massive new evidence is dug up, but I wouldn't my breath. Egyptians had their own philisophy and learning, and they are nothing like Greek.

But again, the idea that there needs to be "more research" is ridiculous. What is it that you propose that they research that has not been researched by thousands already?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWlll View Post
littlemissrock

atleast we have made a great progress in this thread, they changed from claiming to be the egyptians to only embracing ancient Egyptian culture then to highlighting what could be similarities between Egypt and Sub Saharan Africa cultures
neverthless i know they will still go on youtube claiming to be da original egyptins tho
Shifting the bar is a common Afrocentic tactic.

For example, they will start out arguing that the Egyptians were once black. Then you will post evidence to show that they were always a mix of haplotypes. Then they will point to the fact that there was always some degree of "E" in them and claim the American "one Drop rule" from the 18th century. Then you will point out that "E" even when unmixed with Eurasian haplotypes does not equal black and that even pure North Africans can look like Middle Easterners due to the similar lattiude. Then they will claim offfense and say that it is not anyone's place to judge what black is, because, after all, what is black? Then you will point out how silly that is to say a group is black when they look middle eastern and that it was not the original argument anyway, and they will start talking about pan-Africanism and how the Egyptians were Africans. You will agree that they were Africans, of course, because they were born there, and then they will sweep up the pot and pretend that they have proven the Egyptians were black.

I have been through it dozens of times. The answer is that the Egytptans were and remain a mixed race people because Eurasians have been back migrating since the stone ages, and they primarily looked like Middle Easterners, because they evolved on a similar lattitude. They don't primarily look black because Egypt is not tropical.

Check out this brilliant thread in which our own Gwilly, who is chiming in on this thread, shifts his argument about Cleopatra at least eight times:

]Was Cleopatra VII "black" or part "black?"

Post 181 Cleopatra was black

Post 280- She was a mix of Native Egyptian and Greek and to say no is racist.

Post 384- Not 100% Greek and can't apply modern racial types (which didn't stop him from doing so)

Post 388- white features are just as authentically African as black

Post 393- the Sahra desert was once green

Post 410- back to can't apply racial types

Post 420- White people are only trying to inflate their egos by pointing out that Cleopatra was Greek, even if it is true

Post 422- I watched a documentary and therefore I am rightabout whatever it is that I am trying to say. (even though I can't communicate what that might be).

Note some of the other borderline mentally ill arguments and blatant dishonesties that are used by others.

Last edited by cachibatches; 11-16-2015 at 12:20 AM..

Old 11-16-2015, 05:15 AM

7 posts, read 6,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
His mummified corpse resembles that of a Black Afrikan or Negroid, from the skull structure to the preserved skin. Never ceases to boggle my mind how both the Caucasoids and the so-called modern Egyptian "Arabs" (mixed Turks) want to claim Ancient Kemet as their own so badly with their fabricated "evidence". Culture vultures.

He's black with kinky hair as described by Dr. Rufus Polarckon.

Old 11-16-2015, 06:38 AM
AFP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagaznapir View Post
You fabricated that.

Old 11-16-2015, 07:10 AM

15,593 posts, read 17,858,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagaznapir View Post
I took my cat, Sniffles, to Dr. Polarckon to have his balls cut off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa