Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2015, 12:43 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,041,562 times

Advertisements

I remember once going to rally where a former Black Panther leader spoke and he claimed that Karenga was a gubbermint agent.

I personally can't confirm this but it wouldn't surprise me given past experience with afronuts.

I've had some run ins with afrocentric types on and offline and each and every encounter reenforced my conviction that it is not just a mere "intellectual ghetto" but a cesspool and a magnet for the dregs and losers of society. The scum of the earth.

Slaves and dependents often turn out to be even worse than their massahs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2015, 11:06 PM

2,982 posts, read 4,099,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchupuata View Post
Hu? He was Egyptian, how could he ever have been black? Who even thought he was black?
People who have never looked at ancient Egyptian art and heiroglyphs, apparently.

Once we finish debating the race of Tutankhamun perhaps we can discuss whether or not the world is flat.

Old 10-25-2015, 11:45 PM

922 posts, read 805,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
People who have never looked at ancient Egyptian art and heiroglyphs, apparently.

Once we finish debating the race of Tutankhamun perhaps we can discuss whether or not the world is flat.

How come Nefertiti doesn't look black?

Old 10-26-2015, 04:47 PM

177 posts, read 193,987 times
The link
Quote:
Tutankhamun was not black: antiquities chief

September 25 2007 at 08:43pm
Just a tad bit old.

Quote:

This post reeks.

Egyptian art is known to be symbolic in nature as is all art. 'Black' is a sociological term as is 'white'. It has no baring on the skin colour, but tone of the skin and the historic implied origin of the barer.

Tutankhamun came from a culture that was rooted in the African continent, nowhere else could have borne it, and nowhere except in Africa are/were there similar cultures before and after. Genetic findings have shown that Tuankhamun was both 'Black' under the modern definition of the word and 'African', due to the culture he was in as have other famous Ancient Egyptians shown to be. In fact, there isn't a current DNA determination of an alternative origin that I am aware of.

I should state this subject has been pretty much closed as far as the experts are concerned. Culture trolling through appropriation isn't cool.

Old 10-26-2015, 11:53 PM

2,982 posts, read 4,099,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissrock View Post
How come Nefertiti doesn't look black?
How come Anubis does?

Old 10-27-2015, 12:48 AM

922 posts, read 805,963 times
Quote:
How come Anubis does?

Anubis is a jackal.

Old 10-27-2015, 12:39 PM

8,632 posts, read 12,993,036 times
Why is it always non-African people trying to steal our culture and history and claim it as theirs? Jealous much?

Old 10-27-2015, 01:30 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,891,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Why is it always non-African people trying to steal our culture and history and claim it as theirs? Jealous much?

A lot of people have roots in Africa that aren't black. Perhaps some like to think that their ancestors looked like them, who knows. Anyway there very well must have been some people living in ancient Egypt that looked black but that doesn't necessarily indicate that most ancient Egyptians were black. The Visigoths ruled in the Iberian peninsula for several centuries but we all know they were invaders that pretty much just plugged into what the Romans had started. More information is needed. But the autosomal DNA of modern day Egyptians has been studied and the sub-Saharan component is less than the European, Near Eastern, and Maghrebi. It is also clear that the sub-Saharan received quite a boost from the Arabian slave trade most indicating that most of the sub-Saharan is recent.

Last edited by AFP; 10-27-2015 at 01:55 PM..

Old 10-27-2015, 02:27 PM

8,632 posts, read 12,993,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
A lot of people have roots in Africa that aren't black.
A lot of people have roots in Europe who aren't White.

Now you see how ridiculous your statements sound when it's turned against you.

Old 10-27-2015, 02:41 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,891,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
A lot of people have roots in Europe who aren't White.

Now you see how ridiculous your statements sound when it's turned against you.

Well I was stating that it could be a plausible reason I really can't say what people's reasons are for wanting the ancient Egyptians to have looked either black, white, or mixed. There is evidence to support tha Europeans before the neothic expansion were brown skinned, light skin spread from the northern fertile crescent. I think that the question regading the color of the ancient Egyptians will only be solved when there is sufficient DNA collected from ancient remains. Y-dna(paternal line) is difficult to collect from ancient DNA samples.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa