Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2015, 07:51 PM

4,657 posts, read 4,116,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lucas View Post

You may recall being taught in school that Western (white) civilization is founded upon the ancient Greek civilization that seemed to suddenly appear. What European historians are trying to hide or deny is that the Greek civilization was primarily the offspring of the advanced Black African civilization of ancient Egypt that preceded it by thousands of years. Greek legends relate that Egyptian & Phoenician conquerors ruled all or parts of Greece until the 14th or 15th century B.C.

Books about Western civilization’s African origins include Cheikh Anta Diop: The African Origin of Civilization - Myth or Reality and Martin Bernal: Black Athena Vol. 1, 2.
We have already been over this, but hey, you didn't read the genetic studies I posted and tried to pass off Tuts family as albinos, so I would not expect you to have read through the thread.

There is no evidence, none whatsoever, that the Egyptians invented the things that Greeks are given credit for. This was a quaint myth that died when the Rossetta stone was found. We can now translate Egyptian texts, and except for the rudiments of art and architecture, Egyptian learning does not mirror Greek in any way.

This is another self esteem myth for Africans.

Again recounting the Afrocentric nonsense:

Totally ignoring that vast reservoir of scientific data I posted that proves who the Egyptians were and that they are blacker now due to the Arab slave trade.
Trying to pass off Anubis and a black guy.
Misquoting Herodotus, who actually said that the Egyptians were not black.
Claiming henna as the source of Ramses red hair when the quotes posted said that it was natural
Trying to pass off Tut's family as albinos.
The Black Athena gibberish.

You really should be ashamed of youself.

Next.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2015, 08:00 PM

369 posts, read 374,387 times
The ancient Egyptians called themselves Kam or Kam-Au (Black people/ Black God-people), and their country Kamit (or Khemit), both meaning land of the Blacks and the Black Land.

Europe’s first historian, Herodotus said, “the Egyptians, Colchians, and Ethiopians have thick lips, and broad nose, woolly hair and they are of burnt skin.”

Old 11-16-2015, 08:20 PM

592 posts, read 589,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
We have already been over this, but hey, you didn't read the genetic studies I posted and tried to pass off Tuts family as albinos, so I would not expect you to have read through the thread.

There is no evidence, none whatsoever, that the Egyptians invented the things that Greeks are given credit for. This was a quaint myth that died when the Rossetta stone was found. We can now translate Egyptian texts, and except for the rudiments of art and architecture, Egyptian learning does not mirror Greek in any way.

This is another self esteem myth for Africans.

Again recounting the Afrocentric nonsense:

Totally ignoring that vast reservoir of scientific data I posted that proves who the Egyptians were and that they are blacker now due to the Arab slave trade.
Trying to pass off Anubis and a black guy.
Misquoting Herodotus, who actually said that the Egyptians were not black.
Claiming henna as the source of Ramses red hair when the quotes posted said that it was natural
Trying to pass off Tut's family as albinos.
The Black Athena gibberish.

You really should be ashamed of youself.

Next.

I read the link you posted merely stated possibilities, nothing more. Could just dismiss what you posted as Eurocentric non sense as you so often conveniently do from so called "Afrocentric" researchers who provide similar data showing the Ancient Egyptians' blackness. Most notably the DNA tribes test you so love to hate lol. I also did not rule out the possibility of admixture, which could indeed explain the red hair. What I did say though is that you'd still be hard pressed to classify that as being an exclusively white/European trait. Again since you so conveniently left out my other responses in your post, speaking purely on his likeness again you'd be hard pressed to classify him has white/European.

Old 11-16-2015, 08:29 PM

922 posts, read 805,797 times
Who the f even cares? Black people should just shut up and move the hell on. Why don't you try to improve your own damn communities or improve Africa? Many African countries still don't have clean water, if Ancient Egyptians had clean water I don't see why modern Africans should not have the technology. How the hell did modern Africa fall behind the Ancients?

Old 11-16-2015, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissrock View Post
Who the f even cares? Black people should just shut up and move the hell on. Why don't you try to improve your own damn communities or improve Africa? Many African countries still don't have clean water, if Ancient Egyptians had clean water I don't see why modern Africans should not have the technology. How the hell did modern Africa fall behind the Ancients?

Wow lol. I'm not even sure how to respond to this lol. Angry much? lol

Old 11-16-2015, 08:55 PM

8,632 posts, read 12,990,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkc2j View Post
I read the link you posted merely stated possibilities, nothing more. Could just dismiss what you posted as Eurocentric non sense as you so often conveniently do from so called "Afrocentric" researchers who provide similar data showing the Ancient Egyptians' blackness. Most notably the DNA tribes test you so love to hate lol. I also did not rule out the possibility of admixture, which could indeed explain the red hair. What I did say though is that you'd still be hard pressed to classify that as being an exclusively white/European trait. Again since you so conveniently left out my other responses in your post, speaking purely on his likeness again you'd be hard pressed to classify him has white/European.
He's done that before in the past with other posters including myself.

Old 11-16-2015, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Wow lol. I'm not even sure how to respond to this lol. Angry much? lol

I am not angry, I find black people confusing, why are you so obsessed with the past, if you love Africa so much why don't you try to improve it? Modern Italians don't brag about the accomplishments of the Romans all that much. The Chinese are doing their best to move forward. India is developing very quickly. Africa has remained mostly stagnant for the last 50 years. The US is in decline, shut up and move on.

Old 11-16-2015, 09:06 PM

Quote:
I am not angry, I find black people confusing, why are you so obsessed with the past, if you love Africa so much why don't you try to improve it? Modern Italians don't brag about the accomplishments of the Romans all that much. The Chinese are doing their best to move forward. India is developing very quickly. Africa has remained mostly stagnant for the last 50 years. The US is in decline, shut up and move on.

You're joking right? There pages and pages of cahibatches and others like himself that seem hell bent(borderline obsessed) on proving Ancient Egypt had more in common with Europe which is absolute lunacy seeing as how Egypt is in Africa and yet somehow from all this you've concluded that blacks are obsessed with history? Dude, just stop. I mean, seriously.

Old 11-16-2015, 09:23 PM

Quote:
You're joking right? There pages and pages of cahibatches and others like himself that seem hell bent(borderline obsessed) on proving Ancient Egypt had more in common with Europe which is absolute lunacy seeing as how Egypt is in Africa and yet somehow from all this you've concluded that blacks are obsessed with history? Dude, just stop. I mean, seriously.

Cahibatches doesn't represent all non-Africans, what is important is what you are willing to do. Are you going to make Africa a better place?

Old 11-16-2015, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Cahibatches doesn't represent all non-Africans, what is important is what you are willing to do. Are you going to make Africa a better place?

Just like myself and others whom may have Black African ancestry don't represent all Africans, what's your point?

Of course I would love to be involved with anything positive regarding Africa, but what does that have to do with the thread topic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa