Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 10:52 AM

2,611 posts, read 2,879,965 times

Advertisements

Scenery , Kenya by far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2017, 10:54 AM

881 posts, read 921,784 times
The three countries are beautiful and rich in its own way :yes: No need for odious comparisons.

Old 02-24-2017, 03:52 AM

1,891 posts, read 1,684,166 times
Kenya >>>> all. For scenery with the Kenya peak and the view of the Kilimanjaro (Tanzania) it's not even a competition !

Old 02-24-2017, 06:53 AM

470 posts, read 214,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokitobounto View Post
Kenya >>>> all. For scenery with the Kenya peak and the view of the Kilimanjaro (Tanzania) it's not even a competition !
Ethiopia has better mountains and is more mountainous and I'm not being biased

But yeah Mount Kenya is taller but it's quite independent

Old 02-24-2017, 10:40 AM

1,891 posts, read 1,684,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by africa12 View Post
Ethiopia has better mountains and is more mountainous and I'm not being biased

But yeah Mount Kenya is taller but it's quite independent

More mountainous definitely.... But I think having a colossus in the middle of the savannah add a lot of diversity of landscapes . Who never saw the kilimanjaro from Kenyans plains with elephants . Nigeria is out of the game for me.

Old 02-24-2017, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokitobounto View Post
More mountainous definitely.... But I think having a colossus in the middle of the savannah add a lot of diversity of landscapes . Who never saw the kilimanjaro from Kenyans plains with elephants . Nigeria is out of the game for me.
Beaches is the only thing we don't have
http://i.imgur.com/eFAcj8o.jpg

Can you spot the bench?

Old 02-24-2017, 05:21 PM

758 posts, read 1,226,538 times
1. In terms of safety, Kenya might be the safest place to visit, had several Kenyan friends once. But not much in terms of
culture I think.

2. Nigeria, know a good deal about the country, had friends from that country and a local Nigerian business woman shop
owner I knew had flyers for a trip and guided tour of the Yoruba section of Nigeria as she was a Yoruba Princess,
we would be going to various Yoruba festivals and ceremonies. For a $500.00 deposit, she would take care of the visas,
and medical papers etc. ( when the flyer said $500.00 non-refundable deposit as down payment, my Mom said "Scam!").

Very rich and interesting culture but don't trust the people as far as being involved in money matters with them. Other
Africans were always warning me about Nigerians. The trip was cancelled due to civil unrest in the country at that time.
Or maybe there was never a trip to begin with.

3. As far as Ethiopia is concerned, I never knew any so I can't make a judgement on them, never got interested in the
culture as it seemed "less African" to me. I have much more exposure to West Africans than East Africans.

Old 02-24-2017, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agbor View Post
3. As far as Ethiopia is concerned, I never knew any so I can't make a judgement on them, never got interested in the
culture as it seemed "less African" to me. I have much more exposure to West Africans than East Africans.
We are just as African as every other African country....

Old 02-24-2017, 07:23 PM

16,257 posts, read 43,176,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agbor View Post
1. In terms of safety, Kenya might be the safest place to visit, had several Kenyan friends once. But not much in terms of
culture I think.

2. Nigeria, know a good deal about the country, had friends from that country and a local Nigerian business woman shop
owner I knew had flyers for a trip and guided tour of the Yoruba section of Nigeria as she was a Yoruba Princess,
we would be going to various Yoruba festivals and ceremonies. For a $500.00 deposit, she would take care of the visas,
and medical papers etc. ( when the flyer said $500.00 non-refundable deposit as down payment, my Mom said "Scam!").

Very rich and interesting culture but don't trust the people as far as being involved in money matters with them. Other
Africans were always warning me about Nigerians. The trip was cancelled due to civil unrest in the country at that time.
Or maybe there was never a trip to begin with.

For safety, Ethiopia is the safest of the three....Kenya used to be safer about 15 years ago or so...but those days are long gone. Kenya still gets a lot of tourists though, but these days there are lists and lists of precautions and warnings (nowhere near as long or as bad as Nigeria though).

Ethiopia while not crime free, is usually known as one of the safer capital cities in all of Africa.

Old 02-24-2017, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
For safety, Ethiopia is the safest of the three....Kenya used to be safer about 15 years ago or so...but those days are long gone. Kenya still gets a lot of tourists though, but these days there are lists and lists of precautions and warnings (nowhere near as long or as bad as Nigeria though).

Ethiopia while not crime free, is usually known as one of the safer capital cities in all of Africa.
The worst crime even I hear everytime I go back in Addis is just pickpocketing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa