U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 02:38 PM

9,992 posts, read 9,958,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThingsLikeThat View Post
All terrorist groups are funded by the West. Be it directly or indirectly.
Agreed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2015, 02:40 PM

9,992 posts, read 9,958,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Nigeria doesn't have anything that the United States wants or cant get elsewhere Nigeria's terrible infrastructure, safety issues, and rampant corruption don't help, the educated Nigerians that I know have no interest or plans returning to their country of origin.

If you want to blame anyone for as you put it for " this sect is gaining ground at the speed of light" then blame the fragmented, inept, corrupt military and government of Nigeria that could care less about ordinary Nigerian citizens.
Nigeria has oil and natural resources - USA wants that.

Old 02-16-2015, 03:04 PM
AFP

6,898 posts, read 4,238,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
Nigeria has oil and natural resources - USA wants that.
London Provide a link that supports your statement. Simply making an assertion even if based on conjecture doesn't make your assertion a fact.

The United States is rich in oil some say we are waiting for everyone else's to run out before tapping into our source more aggressively.

I know Nigerians their society is very tribal the Hausa, Yoruba and Ibo do not recognize each other as being the same people. The most educated are the Ibo in general. I have spoken to a Yoruba who has told me that he doesn't see the others as being like him at all, there is a lot of discrimination there.

Old 02-16-2015, 03:32 PM
AFP

Quote:
Nigeria doesn't have anything that the United States wants or cant get elsewhere Nigeria's terrible infrastructure, safety issues, and rampant corruption don't help, the educated Nigerians that I know have no interest or plans returning to their country of origin.

If you want to blame anyone for as you put it for " this sect is gaining ground at the speed of light" then blame the fragmented, inept, corrupt military and government of Nigeria that could care less about ordinary Nigerian citizens.
Someone sent me a direct message regarding this post which stated "Are radical" I am willing to give you an opportunity to elaborate why you believe it is a radical post.

However I suspect you took offense to something I wrote and that was your way of showing that you were unhappy.

Old 02-17-2015, 06:59 AM

723 posts, read 652,178 times
Quote:

Not true. If you survey African countries today, about AFRICOM, this USA military presence in Africa, you will see how they feel.
People are certain that the US is weakening Africa countries through proxy groups such as Boko haram on purpose to force those countries to ask for US military protection.

Old 02-17-2015, 07:05 AM
AFP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePage View Post
Not true. If you survey African countries today, about AFRICOM, this USA military presence in Africa, you will see how they feel.
People are certain that the US is weakening Africa countries through proxy groups such as Boko haram on purpose to force those countries to ask for US military protection.
That is all subjective peoples perceptions are often wrong, it is very convenient to fabricate an external threat to have a finger to point out when there are serious issues within Nigeria that they are clearly not dealing with effectively.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:08 AM

Quote:
That is all subjective peoples perceptions are often wrong, it is very convenient to fabricate an external threat to have a finger to point out when there are serious issues within Nigeria that they are clearly not dealing with effectively.
Read this
1. Africom is the Recolonization of Africa by the U.S. - Buziness Africa magazine

2. Resist AFRICOM

3. The Militarization of the African Continent: AFRICOM Expands Operations in Cooperation With Europe | Global Research

Old 02-17-2015, 03:55 PM

10,424 posts, read 12,422,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThingsLikeThat View Post
All terrorist groups are funded by the West. Be it directly or indirectly.
Wouldn't call the Arabian Peninsula "the West".

Old 02-17-2015, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Wouldn't call the Arabian Peninsula "the West".
Saudi Arabia is doing a "great" teamwork with the west when it comes to this.

Old 02-17-2015, 07:41 PM
AFP

You did not provide any evidence showing that Boko Haram is being supported by the west.

The articles you provided lack Journalism they are basically mouth pieces for the opposition to Africom.

Here is a link containing the mission statement of Africom start contrast to your sources.

What We Do | United States Africa Command

There appears to be an element in Africa that is hyper-paranoid of African countries becoming colonies of more powerful countries it is somewhat understandable based on the history of the continent.

I have no idea what country you are from but if Boko Haram does overrun the Nigerian military like Isil did with the Iraqi military the Nigerians will be grateful for Africom.

If you are claiming the United States is somehow supporting Boko Haram show me the evidence to support your conspiracy theory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or