U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 09:57 PM

723 posts, read 651,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
You did not provide any evidence showing that Boko Haram is being supported by the west.

The articles you provided lack Journalism they are basically mouth pieces for the opposition to Africom.

Here is a link containing the mission statement of Africom start contrast to your sources.

What We Do | United States Africa Command

There appears to be an element in Africa that is hyper-paranoid of African countries becoming colonies of more powerful countries it is somewhat understandable based on the history of the continent.

I have no idea what country you are from but if Boko Haram does overrun the Nigerian military like Isil did with the Iraqi military the Nigerians will be grateful for Africom.

If you are claiming the United States is somehow supporting Boko Haram show me the evidence to support your conspiracy theory.
I rather asked a question.
Besides not all truths can be proven in politics because many things are decided behind closed doors, moreover Africans have legitimate reasons not to trust the west.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsEtH-kJGi8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2015, 05:44 AM

9,992 posts, read 9,954,352 times
Quote:

I know Nigerians their society is very tribal the Hausa, Yoruba and Ibo do not recognize each other as being the same people. The most educated are the Ibo in general. I have spoken to a Yoruba who has told me that he doesn't see the others as being like him at all, there is a lot of discrimination there.

That's offensive there not ''tribes'' but ethnic group and their not the same people. Just because they all look Black to you doesn't mean their the same. They have a language, culture, music and different world-views though their Nigerians of course. Its certainly not ''tribal'' its just that after colonisation (and whatever happen during that time) Europeans carved up borders to intentionally include ethnic groups that they knew didn't get on which would hamper their development. One reason of many why African countries are struggling to develop. The most stable African Country, Botswana is one of the most homogenous, they only have one major ethnic group (or in the words of a ignorant racist ''tribe'')

Old 02-18-2015, 06:01 AM
AFP

6,898 posts, read 4,235,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
That's offensive there not ''tribes'' but ethnic group and their not the same people. Just because they all look Black to you doesn't mean their the same. They have a language, culture, music and different world-views though their Nigerians of course. Its certainly not ''tribal'' its just that after colonisation (and whatever happen during that time) Europeans carved up borders to intentionally include ethnic groups that they knew didn't get on which would hamper their development. One reason of many why African countries are struggling to develop. The most stable African Country, Botswana is one of the most homogenous, they only have one major ethnic group (or in the words of a ignorant racist ''tribe'')
The word tribe may be offensive to you. I work with and speak with Nigerians daily I can assure you that the word isn't offensive to them, one of the reasons I can usually work well with Nigerians is that they are blunt like me I find them in general to be very intelligent and most are very hardworking people. If you look for offense you will find it. I used the word tribe exactly to illustrate that Nigerians are a diverse people.

Old 02-18-2015, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
The Acronym AFP reminds something else: A = Agence, F= France, P= Presse
Guess what happened in the 1960s Biafra Nigeria.
Somebody in Paris has his hands in it no matter what the issues between Nigerians were

Old 02-18-2015, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP

I know Nigerians their society is very tribal the Hausa, Yoruba and Ibo do not recognize each other as being the same people. The most educated are the Ibo in general. I have spoken to a Yoruba who has told me that he doesn't see the others as being like him at all, there is a lot of discrimination there.

The same thing is going on betweenin Belgium ( Dutch, French, etc)
and in Canada ( French and British). We also have our issues in America
( African-Americans, European Americans, Hispanic American, Asian-Americans).
The only issue is people do not refer to "tribes" when it come to Europe, the U.S., Canada etc.

Old 02-18-2015, 08:32 AM
AFP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePage View Post
The Acronym AFP reminds something else: A = Agence, F= France, P= Presse
Guess what happened in the 1960s Biafra Nigeria.
Somebody in Paris has his hands in it no matter what the issues between Nigerians were
What! I've never even been to France and don't speak French. Although I plan on vacationing there some day. Your weaving another conspiracy theory.

Old 02-18-2015, 08:37 AM
AFP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePage View Post
The same thing is going on betweenin Belgium ( Dutch, French, etc)
and in Canada ( French and British). We also have our issues in America
( African-Americans, European Americans, Hispanic American, Asian-Americans).
The only issue is people do not refer to "tribes" when it come to Europe, the U.S., Canada etc.

[/i]
Yes I realize that people tend to rate differences on a spectrum based on what their own culture deems to be more desirable and judge others by their own standards. The term tribe can be substituted for other words. Also the connotation it has for me may not be the same for others reading it, I don't view the word in a negative light.

Old 02-18-2015, 09:01 AM
AFP

ThePage read the last paragraph of this article.

Conspiracy theory psychology: People who claim to know the truth about JFK, UFOs, and 9/11.

Old 02-18-2015, 10:14 AM

Quote:
What! I've never even been to France and don't speak French. Although I plan on vacationing there some day. Your weaving another conspiracy theory.
You won't get lost out there Go to this site: Accueil | AFP.com

Old 02-18-2015, 02:43 PM
AFP

You know you should be more concerned about China than the USA or the West they are showing a lot of interest in your region their economy is slowing down they might be eyballing your oil reserves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or