U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-19-2015, 06:00 AM
 
Location: Nairobi
30 posts, read 35,395 times
Reputation: 27

Advertisements

I have lived in Kenya all my life except the 2 years I went abroad for studies. Let me know if you want to know anything about Kenya or East Africa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-19-2015, 06:57 AM
 
271 posts, read 292,667 times
Reputation: 300
In your opinion where would the best places/countries to visit in Kenya/East Africa?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-19-2015, 07:03 AM
 
Location: Nairobi
30 posts, read 35,395 times
Reputation: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by dowsieboi View Post
In your opinion where would the best places/countries to visit in Kenya/East Africa?
Masai Mara is an obvious destination. You cannot have been to Africa without seeing the big five. If you like beaches, then Mombasa or Malindi. Of late Watamu beach is also gaining popularity.

In East Africa, Rwanda is worth the visit for a Gorilla Safari though the permits are pretty exorbitant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-19-2015, 08:22 AM
 
1,603 posts, read 890,626 times
Reputation: 1168
Kenyans are generally among the friendliest people around, what do you suppose about Kenyan culture/life makes that so?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-19-2015, 09:03 AM
 
271 posts, read 292,667 times
Reputation: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumranbi View Post
Masai Mara is an obvious destination. You cannot have been to Africa without seeing the big five. If you like beaches, then Mombasa or Malindi. Of late Watamu beach is also gaining popularity.

In East Africa, Rwanda is worth the visit for a Gorilla Safari though the permits are pretty exorbitant.
True story. Unless I'm coming from a different part of Africa Never heard of a Gorilla safari before >.< Random question about that actually, do you guys call it a safari there? Always thought that was more of an American term
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-19-2015, 01:31 PM
 
Location: Nairobi
30 posts, read 35,395 times
Reputation: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
Kenyans are generally among the friendliest people around, what do you suppose about Kenyan culture/life makes that so?
I think the awesome climate all year round makes it easy to be happy. We live at about 28'c with very little variation. Also, because we're still developing, we have tons of opportunities so theres a lot of work. And thank you for the compliment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-19-2015, 01:34 PM
 
Location: Nairobi
30 posts, read 35,395 times
Reputation: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by dowsieboi View Post
True story. Unless I'm coming from a different part of Africa Never heard of a Gorilla safari before >.< Random question about that actually, do you guys call it a safari there? Always thought that was more of an American term
Safari is the swahili word for journey. So yes we use it quite often.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-19-2015, 02:09 PM
AFP
 
6,898 posts, read 4,230,790 times
Reputation: 5878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumranbi View Post
Masai Mara is an obvious destination. You cannot have been to Africa without seeing the big five. If you like beaches, then Mombasa or Malindi. Of late Watamu beach is also gaining popularity.

In East Africa, Rwanda is worth the visit for a Gorilla Safari though the permits are pretty exorbitant.
Those places sound great but I have read that Al-Shabaab has influence in Mombassa and Zanzibar I would be concerned about being kidnapped. Do you think those are valid concerns based on your first hand knowledge of Kenya? Are there areas that should be avoided?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-19-2015, 02:11 PM
 
Location: Southeast, where else?
3,914 posts, read 4,221,608 times
Reputation: 5802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumranbi View Post
I have lived in Kenya all my life except the 2 years I went abroad for studies. Let me know if you want to know anything about Kenya or East Africa.
Can everyone in Kenya run forever?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-19-2015, 02:42 PM
 
723 posts, read 651,647 times
Reputation: 392
Have you heard about Mori River Jazz band? This was in the 1970s.
Are they still playing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top