Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2015, 09:07 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,596,323 times

Advertisements

Although it's largely dropped out of the headlines in this country, the Ebola outbreak continues to ravage West Africa. At least 8,235 people have died and more than 20,700 have fallen ill since the outbreak first began last year, according to the latest World Health Organization figures released Jan. 4. Six out of 10 patients currently hospitalized with the virus will die, and a huge number of victims still aren't receiving medical care, which has allowed this public health crisis to continue to escalate at an alarming pace.

Ebola death toll rises in West Africa while Americans' interest wanes - CBS News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2015, 07:37 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
my interest would wane too if you chased me down in the jungle with hammers and beat my head in.
trust me i feel the same way about tourism in st louis.

Old 01-26-2015, 07:42 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,772,817 times
So? They wanted self-determination. They got it. Let THEM figure out how to handle their own sanitation - or not.

Old 01-27-2015, 02:25 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,120,871 times
Why would any American care when we were told incessantly by the libdem media that there was no crisis and it was all a racist campaign ploy to smear Obama and black people in general on the eve of the elections?

Because of the internet, the era of left-wing media monopoly is fast coming to a close, but it will take a generation to feel the effects of the leveling. Until then, just get used to the left using black people both in and out of Africa in any way they choose to further their political prospects.

It is a sick situation, but one perpetuated by 98% of African Americans themselves who vote for a degenerate party and obey blindly their enablers in the media and education.

Peace.

Old 01-27-2015, 05:11 PM

191 posts, read 163,688 times
I think the media's made this into just another "flavor of the month." One month it's the missing Malaysian airliner, next month is Boko Haram, next ISIS, then toss in a "flu scare" for good measure. Even if a situation's truly serious and warrants keeping an eye on it, people stop caring because it's plastered on every headline non-stop as if the world's ending. Doesn't help that most, if not all, news sources jump the gun before getting all the facts.

Old 01-27-2015, 05:38 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,599,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azula View Post
I think the media's made this into just another "flavor of the month." One month it's the missing Malaysian airliner, next month is Boko Haram, next ISIS, then toss in a "flu scare" for good measure. Even if a situation's truly serious and warrants keeping an eye on it, people stop caring because it's plastered on every headline non-stop as if the world's ending. Doesn't help that most, if not all, news sources jump the gun before getting all the facts.
Ebola has been around for centuries; just given a different name in different regions of the world. The cure is very simple but the general public doesn't know it....it's Vitamin C mega doses of it; like 6000 mg a day.

Get the book Curing The Incurable by Thomas Levy MD. You all are going to be shocked and pissed this information is out there but no one is telling us. But it's no surprise because it's natural and not produced means no one can charge much for it...oops

Vitamin C, the natural cure ALL...literally

Old 01-30-2015, 03:06 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,382,397 times
The Media didn't really ''care'' in the first place the story fit because many people see Africa has some nasty, dark, rural continent where people are perpetually in need of ''aid'' literally 100% of Africa's population are poor and living like animals.

NO...

Its funny how Ebola hasn't really spread in Africa (I mean, C'mon its confined to 3 or 4 countries) yet nurses that help are coming home with infections. Is anyone from more wealthy African Countries/regions of Countries not going out to help with the Ebola pandemic? or are THEY too living like animals?

Old 01-30-2015, 09:26 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
I read that the Ebola scare has died down.

I am confused....did not Liberia close its last Ebola treatment center?

Old 01-31-2015, 07:43 AM

20,343 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Quote:
Ebola death toll rises in West Africa while Americans' interest wanes
So what?

Just out of curiosity, I wonder how high is the interest level in the various European countries, China, Japan, Russia, Australia.....

Old 03-05-2015, 03:04 PM

3,569 posts, read 2,520,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Why would any American care when we were told incessantly by the libdem media that there was no crisis and it was all a racist campaign ploy to smear Obama and black people in general on the eve of the elections?

Because of the internet, the era of left-wing media monopoly is fast coming to a close, but it will take a generation to feel the effects of the leveling. Until then, just get used to the left using black people both in and out of Africa in any way they choose to further their political prospects.

It is a sick situation, but one perpetuated by 98% of African Americans themselves who vote for a degenerate party and obey blindly their enablers in the media and education.

Peace.
Your view of media coverage is delusional. As is your view of politics. No one thinks that ebola was a ploy to smear black people or the President. You have been drinking at the trough of a particularly virulent strain of the right-wing noise machine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa