U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 03:00 PM

15,504 posts, read 17,735,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Don't make an entire ethnicity pay for the stupidity of some.
I know you know that 'African' is not an ethnicity, but I thought it was worth pointing out that there are over 70 ethnic groups in Kenya. This guy is discriminating against nearly all of them.

I suspect this guy's restaurant is catering to Chinese employees of Chinese companies and wouldn't be doing business in Kenya unless that population was there. That said, I am guessing his decision to discriminate against native Kenyans is pure racial BS. The patrons he considers 'acceptable' whether Chinese, European, or other, should boycott this chump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 09:55 PM

605 posts, read 467,295 times
What kind of "business owner" decides to open up a restaurant in a foreign country and then decides to discriminate against the locals who will more than likely patronize the business?

Old 04-02-2015, 08:42 AM

48,126 posts, read 45,484,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beasley106 View Post
What kind of "business owner" decides to open up a restaurant in a foreign country and then decides to discriminate against the locals who will more than likely patronize the business?
I found something about regarding said business. The menu is in Cantonese, and not English or any other language spoken in Kenya. Pretty much the idea is to snub the locals.

Old 04-02-2015, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
I know you know that 'African' is not an ethnicity, but I thought it was worth pointing out that there are over 70 ethnic groups in Kenya. This guy is discriminating against nearly all of them.

I suspect this guy's restaurant is catering to Chinese employees of Chinese companies and wouldn't be doing business in Kenya unless that population was there. That said, I am guessing his decision to discriminate against native Kenyans is pure racial BS. The patrons he considers 'acceptable' whether Chinese, European, or other, should boycott this chump.
He most likely is catering to Chinese employees. The menu is in Cantonese. However, he considers anyone who isn't Black as acceptable. Why he would discriminate against native Kenyans?

Here is my take. The own can do that because he has power. Racial discrimination is about power. I watched a news cast about who the workers are treated, how they are called racial slurs. Why don't the waitstaff just walk out? If those workers walk out, they can replace them with others. The average native Kenyan is poorer than the average Chinese person. The owner could just bring people over from China to be the workers. It's about power.

Old 04-04-2015, 07:01 PM

1,603 posts, read 891,287 times
The Chinese behave badly when they can get away with it.

Old 04-05-2015, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
The Chinese behave badly when they can get away with it.
Anyone will behave badly when they can get away with it. People will do as much as they can get away with. This is why the idea of a lawless society scares me.

Old 04-07-2015, 09:47 PM

931 posts, read 613,951 times
Asians do not like blacks, I know for a fact that most Chinese people do not like blacks. African-Americans on this site are so busy playing the race card they don't know how the rest of the world view them.

Old 04-08-2015, 02:22 AM

2,267 posts, read 2,467,216 times
Not to say it is right but I guess it is as much or more about his customers not wanting the locals around while dining.

Old 04-08-2015, 02:30 PM

51,931 posts, read 41,798,494 times
Wow, I had this talk with my Chinese friend years ago. He's around 50 and currently works back in China.

Black people are REALLY looked down on throughout Asia. Heck, the japanese even consider them to be beneath fillipinos....who are beneath whites and other asians with of course the Japanese at the top.

The only shocking thing about this was how blatant it was.

P.S. In several parts of Africa you can get even worse treatment if you are black....from other blacks. There are jerks everywhere in this world of all color, religion, nationality, etc.

Old 04-08-2015, 04:20 PM

4,685 posts, read 3,614,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Kenyan officials have arrested the owner of a Chinese restaurant in Nairobi — after it stopped most Africans from entering after 5 p.m.

Even journalists from Kenya’s biggest newspaper, The Daily Nation, were turned away. “Only taxi drivers or Africans accompanied by Chinese, European or Indian patrons are allowed into the compound,” the article said.

‘No Africans’ policy at Chinese restaurant in Kenya prompts arrest, outrage | Public Radio International
It's both sad and comical at the same time the degree of ignorance that exists among huge segments of the Chinese lower and working class population. These are the same people who thinks elephant tusks "fall" out by themselves from the elephant, with no damage to the animal. These are also the same people who would butcher a dog right in front of you to make you a great bowl of hot "stew". Their cultural sense is stunningly backward and "rural Chinese", and even in China, these people are the laughing stock of lots of jokes and these people are often abused verbally and physically point blank in sophisticated cities like Shanghai, Beijing and Hong Kong. Peasants will always be peasants and it is what it is.

The fact that this restaurant owner has no legal license is also very Chinese. They do not care about the law because they only understand bribes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or