U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 10:23 PM

48,354 posts, read 45,626,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissrock View Post
Asians do not like blacks, I know for a fact that most Chinese people do not like blacks. African-Americans on this site are so busy playing the race card they don't know how the rest of the world view them.
Name one reason why I should care what anyone thinks of me as a Black man? I don't think I should care. I admit to caring too much. However, why should I? The only thing caring so much does to me is causing anxiety issues and anger. Also raises my blood pressure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2015, 10:31 PM

931 posts, read 616,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Wow, I had this talk with my Chinese friend years ago. He's around 50 and currently works back in China.

Black people are REALLY looked down on throughout Asia. Heck, the japanese even consider them to be beneath fillipinos....who are beneath whites and other asians with of course the Japanese at the top.

The only shocking thing about this was how blatant it was.

P.S. In several parts of Africa you can get even worse treatment if you are black....from other blacks. There are jerks everywhere in this world of all color, religion, nationality, etc.
Yeah, that is the weird part of this story, Chinese people are usually very good at hiding their prejudices, no one I mean no one in China would openly descriminate anyone except the Japanese.

Old 04-09-2015, 04:13 PM

6,438 posts, read 9,978,995 times
There's a cause and effect for everything. No matter how wrong the owner was, I don't believe for one second that the policy was put in place for no specific reason.

Old 04-09-2015, 05:07 PM

48,354 posts, read 45,626,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
There's a cause and effect for everything. No matter how wrong the owner was, I don't believe for one second that the policy was put in place for no specific reason.
This is how I look at it. I don't care why he did it. He was wrong.

Old 04-10-2015, 05:21 AM

130 posts, read 126,803 times
Lots of Asian and Hispanic retailers have a de facto "no Americans policy" where they will not serve you in English, thus rendering you unable to receive service

Old 04-10-2015, 11:48 AM

2,009 posts, read 2,151,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1988 View Post
Lots of Asian and Hispanic retailers have a de facto "no Americans policy" where they will not serve you in English, thus rendering you unable to receive service
That won't work on me. I speak their languages.

Old 04-10-2015, 11:53 AM

187 posts, read 130,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissrock View Post
Asians do not like blacks, I know for a fact that most Chinese people do not like blacks. African-Americans on this site are so busy playing the race card they don't know how the rest of the world view them.
And if it wasn't for treatment and views like this, then there wouldn't be any reason for the "card" to pop up.(Note: I'm using "card" facetiously). No one would be making a big deal over skin color any more than they would over eye or hair color in that regard. You can't have it both ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Then if he's really having that big of a problem with local Kenyans, then by that logic, he should not even be running a business there. He's in Kenya. The majority of people there are KENYANS. Why would you try to set up shop in an area where you have an issue with the locals there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Regarding a Chinese in Africa with a 'No Africans after 5pm' policy.

Well, two questions. Why is he in Africa running a business then? Maybe its a front for something else?
Exactly. It doesn't make any sense. Not only would he be snubbing most of his potential income (considering most of the population around him are the locals of Kenya), but if he's shady enough to run the business without a license, what ELSE could he be shady enough to be doing?

And now for my own little diatribe:
What gives this guy the right to determine what locals can or can't do in their own country!?
I don't know if the owner was Kenyan-born Chinese or if he moved there from China. But if you go to another country, YOU are the foreigner, not them. I may be wrong about this because I hardly know squat about Kenya's laws, but since he was arrested for operating a restaurant there without a license, he evidently broke the law, which as an immigrant (especially if he was not native-born or considered a naturalized citizen there), can be grounds for deportation. Discriminating against locals won't look good on his record either.

Last edited by Azula; 04-10-2015 at 12:03 PM.. Reason: Added details

Old 04-10-2015, 01:28 PM

10,847 posts, read 11,298,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
. The menu is in Cantonese.
It is impossible the menu is in Cantonese, for the simple reason that Cantonese doesn't exist in written form.

Old 04-10-2015, 04:18 PM

749 posts, read 754,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
The Chinese behave badly when they can get away with it.

True, they even kill man's best friend........and VIOLENTLY......

Old 04-10-2015, 05:59 PM

691 posts, read 922,152 times
I was told by an African friend from Sierra Leone that back home, a friend of his saw a Chinese man running down the streets of Freetown chasing a dog with a knife and a fork with a bib around him...In my experience, West Africans look down on
Asians they actually told me this and have seen mistreatment of an Asian friend at a Nigerian party when the guys got to
drinking..

They also told me that Asians have an inferiority complex when it comes to white people and don't take them as equals like
Africans do..(at least West Africans)..

However, as an Afro-American, socially I have not had an issue with Asians, HOWEVER one guy didn't want us to go with him when he went to visit a white friend we were all at college at the time. So he kept his black friends and white friends separate...

It was with this incident that I was told about the inferiority complex..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or