U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 03:58 PM

9,992 posts, read 9,983,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
"Color shouldn't matter." What a convenient thing to say when color absolutely DOES matter to the ANC. It's hard for many whites to get jobs in South Africa due to rather extreme, legally-mandated discrimination (affirmative action). And color matters when we consider the breakdown of interracial crime. Being a white farmer in South Africa is statistically one of the most dangerous (if not the most dangerous) occupations in the world.

Color obviously mattered to Nelson Mandela when he sang about killing white people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcOXqFQw2hc
So Nelson Mandela was a racist hating Whites?

Do YOU speak that language? I'm sure this song pledging to kill whites would be all over the news.

Lets say he was deeply racist against whites do you blame him? After years of the White south African government oppressing Black people?

Poor Whites they get it soooo bad.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2015, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
This thread is funny
when 90% of South Africans are poor (black) everything is fine
when a few of the other 10% are poor (white) everything is bad.

Reality is that color shouldn't matter.
Poverty is poverty, period.
Exactly...

Its more important when White people die

Its more important when white peoples emotions are hurt

Its more important when White peoples Countries are put in turmoil

Its more important when a White person is set to prison

List goes on SNj90 is simply blinded by his affiliation with his ''race'' to see the real picture. Good luck to him.

Old 04-27-2015, 04:11 PM

13,368 posts, read 7,053,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
You are completely ignoring a large part of South African and World history, White people are not innocent and they didn't build South Africa to create a paradise for all Human-beings... only for White people.
Of course they did. Do you build a house for you and your family or for whoever wishes to come and take it? The Chinese built China for Chinese people. Black Africans build their own societies for their own. I wonder what would happen if a white person were to waltz into some African town and claim he's owed a place in their society. ALL people in the world systematically practice the exclusion of outsiders. Do you really wish to ignore this basic principle of how human societies operate?

Quote:
What's happening in SA is revenge for what White people from a foreign land did to them for so many years, I don't agree with it and believe this isn't the answer but you must understand why this is happening.
I guess they should just let it happen to them, huh? To hell with that.

Quote:
I'm fed up of your attitude that White people are somehow victims and gave the world so much, they raped this world over no other group of people have killed more, raped more and discriminated against so many people as Europeans this isn't propaganda, this isn't an attack onto you, this is an attack onto White people who have a warped mindset of the world and the ones who make excuses or trivialise what their ancestors did.
Slavery was an almost universal practice. The Arab slave trade was rather extensive. Arabs enslaved whites. Africans enslaved each other, etc. Europeans made victims of others to the extent they were able to do so. It's a dog eat dog world out there. Do you really think the entire non-European world is just so kind-hearted and benevolent and the whole world would be singing Kumbaya if not for those evil Europeans?

Old 04-27-2015, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Of course they did. Do you build a house for you and your family or for whoever wishes to come and take it? The Chinese built China for Chinese people. Black Africans build their own societies for their own. I wonder what would happen if a white person were to waltz into some African town and claim he's owed a place in their society. ALL people in the world systematically practice the exclusion of outsiders. Do you really wish to ignore this basic principle of how human societies operate?

Slavery was an almost universal practice. The Arab slave trade was rather extensive. Arabs enslaved whites. Africans enslaved each other, etc. Europeans made victims of others to the extent they were able to do so. It's a dog eat dog world out there. Do you really think the entire non-European world is just so kind-hearted and benevolent and the whole world would be singing Kumbaya if not for those evil Europeans?
Ha!

This mindset but ''we all enslaved each other'' mentality is of a racist yeah I said it P London said it again. Instead of getting to the injustices you make excuses typical of a racist.

On ignore now go back to the land of ignorance...

Old 04-27-2015, 04:59 PM

277 posts, read 294,885 times
Quote:
Whites are NOT native South Africans, Whites do not deserve to be treated so highly for building South Africa (for themselves while side-lining the Natives) and oppressing Native South Africans as soon as they step foot on THEIR land.

Don't twist history and don't insult Black South Africans by disregarding injustices that were put onto them by Europeans.

You are completely ignoring a large part of South African and World history, White people are not innocent and they didn't build South Africa to create a paradise for all Human-beings... only for White people.

What's happening in SA is revenge for what White people from a foreign land did to them for so many years, I don't agree with it and believe this isn't the answer but you must understand why this is happening.

I'm fed up of your attitude that White people are somehow victims and gave the world so much, they raped this world over no other group of people have killed more, raped more and discriminated against so many people as Europeans this isn't propaganda, this isn't an attack onto you, this is an attack onto White people who have a warped mindset of the world and the ones who make excuses or trivialise what their ancestors did.
Out of curiosity. Are you originally from South Africa or have any strong ties to it? Just want to fully understand why you have such a strong opinion on all this.

Old 04-27-2015, 05:31 PM
AFP

6,898 posts, read 4,260,993 times
Quote:

Dude the only people I hear using that phrase in California are those in the Penitentiary or those that have done some time in prison.

Old 04-27-2015, 09:06 PM

15,956 posts, read 36,241,442 times
That might be for another thread...who came first, blacks or whites in South Africa.

From my understanding, it was the Khoisan people.

Whites started settling the coasts, and Bantu were coming down from the north. I think present day South Africa is basically a lot of Whites and a whole lot more Bantu....then you have 'the colored' who are basically not considered black or white, but the mixed race.

The original inhabitants, the Khoisan...are the ones who are slowly disappearing. So, as far as I know, the argument that everyone should just leave, usually implies both Bantu and Whites.

But than that means...what about 'the Coloreds' which being born and raised and mixed, are about as South African as you can get in any present day term. Then what about the Khoisan?

Maybe this is for another thread though...

Old 04-28-2015, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowsieboi View Post
Out of curiosity. Are you originally from South Africa or have any strong ties to it? Just want to fully understand why you have such a strong opinion on all this.
No I'm not I have a strong opinion because I don't like to see injustices especially not on a massive scale. Maybe because I'm Black I feel a kinship with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Dude the only people I hear using that phrase in California are those in the Penitentiary or those that have done some time in prison.
I know, right?

Old 04-28-2015, 04:32 AM

277 posts, read 294,885 times
Quote:
No I'm not I have a strong opinion because I don't like to see injustices especially not on a massive scale. Maybe because I'm Black I feel a kinship with them.
So in your current opinion do you feel there are still only injustices towards black South Africans? Or would you agree that white South Africans are also facing injustices in this current time?

(Just to be clear, I'm not attacking you and your opinion. Just want to understand where you're coming from and what your opinion actually is)

Old 04-28-2015, 06:27 AM

15,956 posts, read 36,241,442 times
This is probably a good inquiry post on this thread..

But, I used to believe that any white South African person was basically granted some kind of Commonwealth Status, which basically assumed that they were free to just pick and move to the UK anytime they wanted.

But, looking at the video, I can see where most of the poorer elements of white South African society would really have little to add to Europe, etc.

Which begs the question, are were white South Africans giving any kind of Commonwealth status at all, with the ability to just 'leave' and go to the UK, etc.

If not, that it would explain how many could just be stuck there, without many other resources. I think for the most part, most of the international community believes south White Africans to be well-connected to great sources of wealth, and most likely social mobility. Watching the video, I can see that that really isn't the case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or