Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2015, 05:52 PM

7 posts, read 12,998 times

Advertisements

i'm thinking that when i graduate from high school i plan to take a ''year off'' and experience life in another place besides New York. i want to visit the countries of Nigeria and Ghana.
the cities i plan to visit are
1.Accra, Ghana
2.Imo state, Nigeria
3.Lagos, Nigeria
4.kumasi, Ghana

like what advice would you guys give to me about visiting these countries and these cities. like the advice can be anything that you believe is necessary to benefit me.tell me how the people of these cities are like and just the culture. thank you guys for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2015, 01:20 PM

277 posts, read 364,813 times
If you survive, post and let us know how it goes.

Old 05-20-2015, 02:53 PM

1,021 posts, read 2,907,449 times
You will need to be vaccinated against cholera and yellow fever and take anti-malaria pills.

Old 05-20-2015, 03:35 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,928,948 times
You would have no problem at all surviving, ignore the fraidy-cats. But there are troubles spots in Nigeria. There will usually be patrols in place to keep you from even going there,you can't just go wandering into revolutionary or terrorist zones. If local people tall you someplace is not safe, they mean it, and they mean well by warning you. When moving about, always ask someone local if it is safe to go there. In general, strangers are on your side, and will protect you. Don't go wandering about after dark, especially in unfamiliar places alone or with someone you don't know very well.

But you will face a very serious problem trying to arrange even simple tourist visas, even for a one months visit. Forget about remaining for a longer visit, unless you can come up with a legitimate sponsor at home or in Africa that will support your request for a longer-term visa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa