U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2016, 10:54 PM

1,426 posts, read 1,881,098 times

Advertisements

^ These people have great bone structure. If the modelling industry weren't so racist, the horn of Africa would be a gold mine of a recruiting ground. Isn't Iman from there? At least that's who I thought of.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2016, 12:29 PM

1,189 posts, read 1,808,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
^Exactly its a big continent Ghanaians look nothing like Tanzanians or less its the first time you've seen a ''Black person''
I grew up in a neighborhood that was over 25% black. Almost every school i went to from college to elementary, had a substantial amount of black people. Most places i worked were majority black. And yet i can safely say that black people from all parts of africa look the same. I know tons of ethiopians and a few eritreans and they look the same as black people from nigeria.

Old 01-06-2016, 09:17 AM

3,495 posts, read 1,696,278 times
Growing up in an American neighborhood were everything is mixed makes it hard to really gauge. I can accurately tell a East African from a west African 100% of a time just by looking at someone. MY mom and her mom who were both born and in raised in Nigeria can tell a Fulani/Hausa from an Igbo from a Yoruba from a Calabar/Efik person 90% or more percent of the time. They are rarely ever wrong and this is before the person even talks. If all Africans look the same this wouldn't be possible whatsoever.

Old 01-06-2016, 09:30 AM

11,881 posts, read 10,377,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
I've always found Ethiopian women some of the most attractive women in the world... I don't know why I just feel it.
Yes, they are a very beautiful people. I've thought this about Kenyans and Nigerians too.

As someone else said Africa is the most genetically diverse place on Earth-home of human life.

Old 01-10-2016, 02:54 PM

23 posts, read 23,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Well, based on U.S. Census classifications, Egyptians are white. Arabs are generally considered white under U.S. Census.
(In the US) North Africans are White, including Egyptians, Moroccans, Algerians, Tunisians, Lybians, Sudanese, Berbers, simply "Arabs" (Egyptian, Moroccan = Arab), Copts.

Citizens or immigrants who are Ethiopians, Somalis, Eritreans, South Sudanese, Mauritanians, Mali, Chad; unless they're explicitly Arab-X or Arab speaking, or White-, Something else-, which is very rare = they are Black or African Americans

Old 09-03-2016, 02:50 PM

4,690 posts, read 8,589,642 times
No, they don't. They are all Black. Some of the darkest-skinned Africans I ever saw came from Somalia and Ethiopia!

Old 09-04-2016, 12:26 AM

10,177 posts, read 7,772,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
No, they don't. They are all Black. Some of the darkest-skinned Africans I ever saw came from Somalia and Ethiopia!
Really? Many Somalians and Ethiopians tend to be lighter skinned in general. Perhaps you're thinking of Sudanese people? Now they can be extremely dark.

Western and Eastern Africans, dark skin or not, still look physically distinctive to me. Let the photos do the talking:

Somalian (rounder eyes, smaller mouth, mocha coloured, narrower nose): http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...8253369385.jpg
Nigerian (almond eyes, bigger lipped, darker skin, round nose): http://www.disruptivewomen.net/wp-co...tomi_photo.jpg

Old 09-04-2016, 02:52 AM

64 posts, read 42,141 times
all africans look different

Old 09-04-2016, 05:48 AM

3,431 posts, read 3,043,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britney-Melbrooke View Post
all africans look different
There are hundreds of ethnic groups in sub-Saharan Africa. Different "looks", different languages and dialects, different ways of life, different cultures, etc.

It amazes me that there are still so many people outside Africa who are unaware of this, which is too bad... the population just topped 1 billion. The people of that continent are no less diverse than the people of any other continent, and in fact, they're genetically more diverse than people anywhere else on earth.

Old 09-04-2016, 05:50 AM

64 posts, read 42,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa2011 View Post
There are hundreds of ethnic groups in sub-Saharan Africa. Different "looks", different languages and dialects, different ways of life, different cultures, etc.

It amazes me that there are still so many people outside Africa who are unaware of this, which is too bad... the population just topped 1 billion. The people of that continent are no less diverse than the people of any other continent, and in fact, they're genetically more diverse than people anywhere else on earth.
no different how many people outside Europe think everyone in Europe is blonde with blue eyes and then you go to Europe and realize there are so many shades of Europeans from very dark arab looking to almost albino looking and everything in between that you open your eyes easily.

This is why terms such as black, white, asian, are nothing but generalizing social terms that don't really correspond to real human diversity!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or