Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2015, 12:20 PM

16,284 posts, read 42,954,513 times

Advertisements

How many days would you spend in MAPUTO (Mozambique) - 3 days? 2 days? Then move on?

I'm strongly considering a trip, but there is a lot of other things to see/do. I do like capital cities though. Considering there are a lot of other places to see and visit as well in the greater region. How many days would you devote to Maputo, Mozambique?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2015, 01:08 PM

42,618 posts, read 86,565,652 times
Since my main hobby and objective for traveling is birdwatching, I would stay in Maputo only as long as it took me to arrange transport into the back country. Other posters might have different priorities, and I'm assuming it might depend on the (undisclosed) total time the OP has to spend in Mozambique as a whole.

(Somebody has finaly hammered some discretion into the Nanny, and the name Maputo is no longer shown as Ma**** in CD posts.

Old 03-20-2018, 04:09 PM

8,154 posts, read 8,196,452 times
I just spent 3 nights in Maputo as part of a month walkabout in Mozambique. I rode the ferries, went to a few really good museums, saw excellent music and met some really nice people. A few parts of town to avoid late at night but really pretty safe.

Old 03-21-2018, 09:08 PM

5,869 posts, read 4,160,344 times
However many days it took me in the hostel to find out from other travelers what other places were worth going to and how to get to them. Or maybe to get onward visas. There would be notghing else in the city of interst to me.

Old 03-23-2018, 09:09 AM

16,284 posts, read 42,954,513 times
This thread was started by me, as the OP three years ago.

I went to MAPUTO. I liked it. It's an interesting city overall. I think three days was enough, I would have become restless had there been a fourth day. I can't say anything good or bad about it. It's very, comfortable...but not particularly amazing or fascinating or thought-provoking.

If I were to single something out, I liked the overall vibe of the city. Something about the Portuguese vibe and Portuguese language, it just had this nice vibe to it...nothing like the Brazil vibe....not even close. But, still a nice 'Portuguese' vibe to it.

Old 03-28-2018, 02:34 PM

8,154 posts, read 8,196,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
However many days it took me in the hostel to find out from other travelers what other places were worth going to and how to get to them. Or maybe to get onward visas. There would be notghing else in the city of interst to me.
Cebuan, have you been to Maputo?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa