U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 06:07 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,814,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amercity View Post
The more i hear about homosexuals impact on people's lives, the more i think they are trying to strongarm the world into bowing into their demands. Its like as if they are all actually in on an agenda.
They have no agenda. The US is just trying to spread gay rights around the world so that it can look like moral champions. Think of it as another American "spread democracy and free market capitalism" evangelism. This has been an annoying cornerstone of American foreign policy since Wilson even though most American elites don't really believe it and are willing to ignore it if it suits their interests.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2015, 07:21 PM

7,437 posts, read 5,931,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
Highest achievers is a weird way to say they have the highest percentage of degrees. Please show me one source that says that they get higher grades. I simply don't believe that at all. This is a great example about how correlation doesn't equal causation.

Migration from Africa is highly selective. A higher % of Africans who migrate to the USA either arrive with college degrees or migrate to the USA to obtain them.

Africa as a continent has the highest levels of illiteracy so there isn't some innate reason why African immigrants are more likely to be educated, aside from the fact that kids of college graduates will do better academically than those who don't.

In fact Asian immigration which is less selective (that from countries like Cambodia) has led to drastic results. The kids of these immigrants do worse than most US kids,

This is another great example of how correlation doesn't equal causation.

Old 07-05-2015, 09:29 PM

3,502 posts, read 1,701,498 times
Boko Haram- "Chop your head off". Boko haram operates in a small area small than most states. It's like someone living in NYC, saying their going to be scared that the formerly escaped prisoners are going to attack them. Even in Nigeria vast majority of southern Nigerians have never experienced a Boko Haram, attack and not even everyone in the state of Maiduguri which is basically their HQ has experienced an attack. You no the city of New Orleans is more dangerous than the average Nigerian city, also their are places like Lekki, Lagos. I guess if your not from there you think a place is dangerous. Remember the population of Nigeria besides all these murders and diseases that reach havoc on the local population, Nigeria as a country still grows and more than 99.9% of people live in the country for a full year without dying.
Do you know that the U.S is reported to have nearly twice the suicide rate among males than Nigeria where I am from and the vast majority of african countries? So for all those depressed people on the sidewalk their is at least twice as many people in the U.S (stupid generalization).
So besides maybe Somalia and Maiduguri state in Nigeria the vast majority of 'Africa is safe, ironically SA is one of the most dangerous places in Africa (Twice as dangerous as Nigeria( besides appalling poverty their is almost no reason to worry so much about your head being chopped off.

Old 07-07-2015, 12:01 PM

42 posts, read 30,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
When I think of African travel sometimes I visualize getting my head chopped off with a machete. I think that is a big problem for them.
Well, as a gay American, I'll never go to Africa again (only been to Morocco). Overall, I don't think I or my family would be welcome in many areas.

Old 07-07-2015, 02:26 PM

132 posts, read 89,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverEN View Post
Well, as a gay American, I'll never go to Africa again (only been to Morocco). Overall, I don't think I or my family would be welcome in many areas.
You can book a safari and see the Masai Mara, elephants, lions, hippos, crocodiles, wildebeast, giraffe. You can go to Lake Nakuru and see the flamingos. You can go to rafting on the mouth of Nile or go on a gorilla watch in Rwanda. You can tour the cape and sit among the penguins and watch the great whites roam the coast. You can travel to the top of table mountain and go on a tour through the stellenbosch wine country.

And you can do all of this without discussing or putting on display your sexual orientation. So whatever limitation you put on your potential destinations, they are self-imposed. Regardless of whether you're gay or straight, PDA is not welcomed in Africa. So really, you have no reason not to enjoy these places.

Old 07-07-2015, 02:59 PM

42 posts, read 30,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Greenlee View Post
You can book a safari and see the Masai Mara, elephants, lions, hippos, crocodiles, wildebeast, giraffe. You can go to Lake Nakuru and see the flamingos. You can go to rafting on the mouth of Nile or go on a gorilla watch in Rwanda. You can tour the cape and sit among the penguins and watch the great whites roam the coast. You can travel to the top of table mountain and go on a tour through the stellenbosch wine country.

And you can do all of this without discussing or putting on display your sexual orientation. So whatever limitation you put on your potential destinations, they are self-imposed. Regardless of whether you're gay or straight, PDA is not welcomed in Africa. So really, you have no reason not to enjoy these places.
I'm not into PDA, or even gay bars. I AM into my family. My husband and our children. I won't go anywhere that would put my children in harm's way, or force me to deny my own children.

Old 07-07-2015, 04:43 PM

132 posts, read 89,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverEN View Post
I'm not into PDA, or even gay bars. I AM into my family. My husband and our children. I won't go anywhere that would put my children in harm's way, or force me to deny my own children.
Why would you have to deny your own children? By the way, sub-saharan africa isn't really the best vacation spot for children anyway. At least not unless you've been there before and know what to expect. You probably are better off keeping it to Morocco or some other developed country.

Old 07-09-2015, 10:47 AM

19,724 posts, read 14,694,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
You don't think Africa tends to have a violence problem? Even the chimps try to blow people away:

https://www.facebook.com/Orbita92.9F...3082595052782/
OMG, that can't be real, is it???

Old 07-09-2015, 10:55 AM

274 posts, read 293,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
OMG, that can't be real, is it???
I'm going to have to go with fake on this 1

Old 07-09-2015, 11:14 AM

19,724 posts, read 14,694,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dowsieboi View Post
I'm going to have to go with fake on this 1
At the very least the chimp would have to be trained to shoot a gun
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or