U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-24-2015, 04:14 PM
 
277 posts, read 295,695 times
Reputation: 300

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumisgood View Post
/snip
Sounds an awful lot like Zimbabwe, no thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-26-2015, 05:45 PM
 
Location: Katy,Texas
3,522 posts, read 1,726,284 times
Reputation: 2228
If Africa was a country Capitals would be Abuja, Pretoria and Cairo. My main focus would be lowering crime, World Cup winning team and making states in a U.S. Like way, I would have 100states, merge a few countries and cut up many countries. I would work on reducing the guns in Africa and would start by improving markets and city infrastructure in certain sporadic areas around my captivate then slowly grow from there. I would create a united African rail system, a highway system that could rival the U.S and start demolishing slums in most cities. I would make an accurate population count, I would build strategic cities across Africa, and many of the super poor midsize cities would be completely scrapped. To pay for this I would put taco de on Africa too 1%, I would also try to do a process to assimilation in all three of my capital areas were I would give houses out in the thousands to those across the nation to build African culture were their will be a purposeful lack of ethnic neighborhoods and just a blend of 100's of African cultures. I would drastically expand the rich areas in the large cities of Addis Ababa, Alexandria, Accra, Lagos etc. I would put the most dangerous states statistically under martial law and send in a large amount to troops to the most volatile places, for my first term the capitals would be a semi pice state to scourge the crime.
Foreign policy would be whoever has the most money can get resources. I would bring back many of the upper middle class who live in code in countries with incentives, and basically start with large cities and my capitals getting up to European standards. To do this I will purposefully make the average age in these areas 40+ by having s bunch of old people crime will be low(see the trend between being old and less crime). I wouldn't care for human rights outside of my country. To pay for their I would utilize local resources also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2015, 08:22 PM
 
Location: Eindhoven, Netherlands
10,437 posts, read 12,489,404 times
Reputation: 4865
I would merge these countries in my first year...



France loses Reunion to Mauritius but keeps Mayotte.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2015, 01:46 PM
 
45 posts, read 99,698 times
Reputation: 57
Wow, you put a lot of thought into it, impressed. Other question, is Africa too big?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
If Africa was a country Capitals would be Abuja, Pretoria and Cairo. My main focus would be lowering crime, World Cup winning team and making states in a U.S. Like way, I would have 100states, merge a few countries and cut up many countries. I would work on reducing the guns in Africa and would start by improving markets and city infrastructure in certain sporadic areas around my captivate then slowly grow from there. I would create a united African rail system, a highway system that could rival the U.S and start demolishing slums in most cities. I would make an accurate population count, I would build strategic cities across Africa, and many of the super poor midsize cities would be completely scrapped. To pay for this I would put taco de on Africa too 1%, I would also try to do a process to assimilation in all three of my capital areas were I would give houses out in the thousands to those across the nation to build African culture were their will be a purposeful lack of ethnic neighborhoods and just a blend of 100's of African cultures. I would drastically expand the rich areas in the large cities of Addis Ababa, Alexandria, Accra, Lagos etc. I would put the most dangerous states statistically under martial law and send in a large amount to troops to the most volatile places, for my first term the capitals would be a semi pice state to scourge the crime.
Foreign policy would be whoever has the most money can get resources. I would bring back many of the upper middle class who live in code in countries with incentives, and basically start with large cities and my capitals getting up to European standards. To do this I will purposefully make the average age in these areas 40+ by having s bunch of old people crime will be low(see the trend between being old and less crime). I wouldn't care for human rights outside of my country. To pay for their I would utilize local resources also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2015, 01:48 PM
 
45 posts, read 99,698 times
Reputation: 57
Is Africa too big to be one country?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2015, 04:10 PM
 
517 posts, read 380,355 times
Reputation: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautymustbeseen View Post
What would your top priorities be if you were the president of Africa?

Here is some guideline questions, feel free to add more.

1.Where would you like the capital of Africa to be and why?
2. How would you grow the economy?
3. How would you adress social issue's like religious freedoms, poverty, tribalism?
4. What would be your main foreign policy?
5. Which countries would be favorable trading and investment partners for our nation of Africa?
6. How would you interact with black/berber people outside of Africa?
7. How would preserve the environment and beauty of Africa's wildlife and nature?
8. How would you run the military and what would be top priorities for them on a vast continent, how many personel, any specific emphasize etc?
9. How would you tackle corruption in the government in all areas and branches, and in society?
10. What would you like to have achieved in office in 2 terms of each five years(10 years total)?
First of all I am an American, so I do not have a complete knowledge of Africa. But this is fun, I'll give it a shot.

1. There would be multiple capitals. Lagos, Cape Town, Mombasa to start. Why these locations? They are not capitals already giving them a new image. They are beautiful places along the coast. They have great potential in my opinion to be both amazing economically and environmentally.

2. I would open the borders to trade and investment. Much like China has done in recent decades, I would seek to overtake their position by allowing for more foreign direct investment. I would liberalize laws regarding trade and regulations allowing people to begin working.

3. These are always challenges. For one, I would institute a continental language. If all people on the continent were able to speak to each other, that would eliminate one huge barrier. There can be multiple languages within states or locally. However the necessity to speak to each other is a must. As far as other freedoms I would simply remove government involvement as much as possible between decision making. I would place natural rights as the only enforceable barriers unless some other reasonable reason to get government force involved. I do not think anyone can force these problems away, but adding force certainly does heighten the problem. I would legalize drugs, prostitution, gambling and other forms of sin. We simply would not penalize these through government.

4. Non-intervention. We would simply try to keep our nose to the ground and work. I would focus on developing our own nations and not worry about foreign nations. We would not accept foreign aid as it always comes with its own strings attached. In order to make good policies, we cannot be beholden to other countries.

5. We would trade with anyone. As long as they do not attempt to make demands on us, we would be willing to trade. China is important, as well as the western countries. But really anyone that is willing to trade, we would be welcome. I would seek to have as many trading partners as possible.

6. No real opinion on this one. I am black myself and I have been to Africa. However I do not think that there needs to be some pro black/berber policy for people outside of the country. We simply would allow more immigration into our lands as long as the people do not pose a threat to society (diseases, crime etc.)

7. We would create environmental institutions. Such as the EPA here in the United States, I would create institutions that are granted authority to protect the environment. Then we can hash out the various issues regarding waste, protected lands etc. within a framework. Of course I would prefer to give individual nations more power than a centralized continental government. I would not like to have too much power from a very far entity ruling over people.

8. The military need not have much to do except protect our continent and people. I think the goal of our continent at this time would involve far more internal police work than external military goals. We simply want safety, and I think the problems within are of far more concern than external threats at this time.

9. This is without a doubt the hardest question of all. I do not have anything definite at the moment. However I do think that limiting the power of politicians would do many people well. The legalization of industries and removal of power from centralized sources I think would do many well to keep from the snares of corruption. For instance, a legalized drug trade would remove the influence of politicians to accept money for drugs.

10. I would like to have achieved building great foundational laws for Africa to grow more powerfully and sustainably. I would also like to see levels of corruption decrease, and respect being won to the continent as people think of an industrious society in Africa. I would also like to see more unity through a common language and sensible common laws that a wide majority can agree with and live under.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2015, 05:18 PM
 
Location: Katy,Texas
3,522 posts, read 1,726,284 times
Reputation: 2228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautymustbeseen View Post
Is Africa too big to be one country?
Didn't see your post until today, but to answer your question, Africa is really big land wise, but with population equal with china right now my main focus is to fund the Large cities with rich areas like Lagos, Pretoria, Abuja, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Addis Ababa, Cairo, Alexandria, most of Morocco and Tunisia etc. i would like said previously have an efficient taxing system and force most poor people (economically) to live in dense rural development like areas, to slow down crime (poor people, don't usually steal from poor people and 1,000 villages of 1,000 people in a 1,000 square mile area is better than 1,000,000 people in 30 square miles, like most african cities, which are dense. I would put a lot into my rich nodes/ hinterlands across Africa, then I would tax people in certain states higher than people in other states which are mostly rural and poor, 5% compared to 10% in my European like, dense city states. I would use this to fund my rail projects an have more Abuja's in where I would take existing cities and plan them accordingly. I would create a country at first that was based on anger between classes rather than on anger within races (Berber vs. Sub-Saharan African), General Ethnicity or religion, as class-ism (I don't know what to call it) seems to be able to bond my population of multiple religions, ethnicity , "races" etc. and is the lesser of the evils. Like I said the White Diaspora/ Indian Diaspora would be thrust across from East and Sub Saharan Africa to Northern Africa and black people from the Niger/ Congolese/South African/East African mega ethnic groups would be thrust across Africa. In every state I would have designated Ethnic City in which their would be allowed 40% of one ethnicity in the city to keep the culture going. I would also have in my cities (No ethnic city can be more than 1 million in the Metro and less than 500,000 in the metro) a law that states no more than 10% of any ethnic group allowed in my city states.
Out of the 100 states I would have 50 select cities including my three capitals of Abuja, Pretoria and Cairo. These 50 cities would be were my rich and elite would live and they would have huge hinterlands around them were sprawling and aesthetically placed satellite cities, towns etc. would be and these cities would have a central city that had at least 1 million people and a suburban hinterland of at least 1 million. My government would be highly nodal, were 50 cities that were at least 50% upper middle class and old (35-40+) this would keep the nation from having a central area that neglected the needs of other areas or power being to spread out among states (100) so that states would split of, instead it would be a leading group of 50 city states that would take in the materials and 50 ethnic cities inside the rural states that would be more of the tourist cities, then the remainder of the high density rural/ small town states would be working in small factories and would mostly be farmers and other local jobs like butchers, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2015, 01:37 PM
 
45 posts, read 99,698 times
Reputation: 57
Nice but i would add Zimbabwe to Zambia and Malawi since they were Rhodesia together and have some common ethnic groups and languages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
I would merge these countries in my first year...



France loses Reunion to Mauritius but keeps Mayotte.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2015, 01:40 PM
 
45 posts, read 99,698 times
Reputation: 57
Default Applying for the job??

You put a lot of thought into this, now if we had politicans like that on the continent, we would finally get somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
Didn't see your post until today, but to answer your question, Africa is really big land wise, but with population equal with china right now my main focus is to fund the Large cities with rich areas like Lagos, Pretoria, Abuja, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Addis Ababa, Cairo, Alexandria, most of Morocco and Tunisia etc. i would like said previously have an efficient taxing system and force most poor people (economically) to live in dense rural development like areas, to slow down crime (poor people, don't usually steal from poor people and 1,000 villages of 1,000 people in a 1,000 square mile area is better than 1,000,000 people in 30 square miles, like most african cities, which are dense. I would put a lot into my rich nodes/ hinterlands across Africa, then I would tax people in certain states higher than people in other states which are mostly rural and poor, 5% compared to 10% in my European like, dense city states. I would use this to fund my rail projects an have more Abuja's in where I would take existing cities and plan them accordingly. I would create a country at first that was based on anger between classes rather than on anger within races (Berber vs. Sub-Saharan African), General Ethnicity or religion, as class-ism (I don't know what to call it) seems to be able to bond my population of multiple religions, ethnicity , "races" etc. and is the lesser of the evils. Like I said the White Diaspora/ Indian Diaspora would be thrust across from East and Sub Saharan Africa to Northern Africa and black people from the Niger/ Congolese/South African/East African mega ethnic groups would be thrust across Africa. In every state I would have designated Ethnic City in which their would be allowed 40% of one ethnicity in the city to keep the culture going. I would also have in my cities (No ethnic city can be more than 1 million in the Metro and less than 500,000 in the metro) a law that states no more than 10% of any ethnic group allowed in my city states.
Out of the 100 states I would have 50 select cities including my three capitals of Abuja, Pretoria and Cairo. These 50 cities would be were my rich and elite would live and they would have huge hinterlands around them were sprawling and aesthetically placed satellite cities, towns etc. would be and these cities would have a central city that had at least 1 million people and a suburban hinterland of at least 1 million. My government would be highly nodal, were 50 cities that were at least 50% upper middle class and old (35-40+) this would keep the nation from having a central area that neglected the needs of other areas or power being to spread out among states (100) so that states would split of, instead it would be a leading group of 50 city states that would take in the materials and 50 ethnic cities inside the rural states that would be more of the tourist cities, then the remainder of the high density rural/ small town states would be working in small factories and would mostly be farmers and other local jobs like butchers, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2015, 01:43 PM
 
45 posts, read 99,698 times
Reputation: 57
Thanks, i just wanted to see, if people thought if it was viable to have a whole Africa as a country, so it's basically to test Pan-Africanism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicist027 View Post
First of all I am an American, so I do not have a complete knowledge of Africa. But this is fun, I'll give it a shot.

1. There would be multiple capitals. Lagos, Cape Town, Mombasa to start. Why these locations? They are not capitals already giving them a new image. They are beautiful places along the coast. They have great potential in my opinion to be both amazing economically and environmentally.

2. I would open the borders to trade and investment. Much like China has done in recent decades, I would seek to overtake their position by allowing for more foreign direct investment. I would liberalize laws regarding trade and regulations allowing people to begin working.

3. These are always challenges. For one, I would institute a continental language. If all people on the continent were able to speak to each other, that would eliminate one huge barrier. There can be multiple languages within states or locally. However the necessity to speak to each other is a must. As far as other freedoms I would simply remove government involvement as much as possible between decision making. I would place natural rights as the only enforceable barriers unless some other reasonable reason to get government force involved. I do not think anyone can force these problems away, but adding force certainly does heighten the problem. I would legalize drugs, prostitution, gambling and other forms of sin. We simply would not penalize these through government.

4. Non-intervention. We would simply try to keep our nose to the ground and work. I would focus on developing our own nations and not worry about foreign nations. We would not accept foreign aid as it always comes with its own strings attached. In order to make good policies, we cannot be beholden to other countries.

5. We would trade with anyone. As long as they do not attempt to make demands on us, we would be willing to trade. China is important, as well as the western countries. But really anyone that is willing to trade, we would be welcome. I would seek to have as many trading partners as possible.

6. No real opinion on this one. I am black myself and I have been to Africa. However I do not think that there needs to be some pro black/berber policy for people outside of the country. We simply would allow more immigration into our lands as long as the people do not pose a threat to society (diseases, crime etc.)

7. We would create environmental institutions. Such as the EPA here in the United States, I would create institutions that are granted authority to protect the environment. Then we can hash out the various issues regarding waste, protected lands etc. within a framework. Of course I would prefer to give individual nations more power than a centralized continental government. I would not like to have too much power from a very far entity ruling over people.

8. The military need not have much to do except protect our continent and people. I think the goal of our continent at this time would involve far more internal police work than external military goals. We simply want safety, and I think the problems within are of far more concern than external threats at this time.

9. This is without a doubt the hardest question of all. I do not have anything definite at the moment. However I do think that limiting the power of politicians would do many people well. The legalization of industries and removal of power from centralized sources I think would do many well to keep from the snares of corruption. For instance, a legalized drug trade would remove the influence of politicians to accept money for drugs.

10. I would like to have achieved building great foundational laws for Africa to grow more powerfully and sustainably. I would also like to see levels of corruption decrease, and respect being won to the continent as people think of an industrious society in Africa. I would also like to see more unity through a common language and sensible common laws that a wide majority can agree with and live under.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top