U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-06-2015, 01:12 AM
 
7,328 posts, read 4,013,331 times
Reputation: 9081

Advertisements

Just throwing out this graphic that shows that over 116 year history of the Olympic sprints the variation in time amounts to a mere 3 secs.
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...ever.html?_r=0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-08-2015, 11:59 PM
 
3,501 posts, read 2,513,002 times
Reputation: 6773
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
and this is where race-war starts on the internet...
No, this is where the truth starts on the intnernet.

This man I responded to said something that is profoundly foolish, implying that blacks are somehow supperior to whites because they can run fast. I told him the truth of the matter. Let him learn. In fact, what I said was so concise, I believe it should be repeated:

Athletics are miniscule in terms of importance. Whites have driven every game changing discovery and theory in the past 500 years including but not limited to:

Quantum physics
General relativity
The uncertainty principle
The internal combustion engine
Manned flight
Spaceflight
Capitalism/Communism/Socialism
Splitting the atom
Representative Democracy

and on and on. The most recent addition is the Higgs Boson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post

Side note: I kinda agree with your point, ONLY because the op hinted that the "black > white" while not suggesting the opposite case, to make an unbiased point.
As if it's f**ing, utterly impossible to think the opposite but it's too damn obvious the blacks kick as* - well...politically correct idiots here and there...not surprised.
This is rich. Friend, you are part of the problem and your judgements on why you "kind of" agree with me amount to nothing.

The man said something foolish and racist- YOUR RESPONSE SHOULD HAVE BEEN TO CHECK HIM, NOT ME. All I did was to tell him the obvious truth of the matter.

The race war goes on because of the ennabling of this kind of crap logic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2015, 12:34 AM
 
387 posts, read 270,902 times
Reputation: 842
But as I said Blacks don't really dominate the true "physical prowess sports"....They are about even with Whites and Hispanics (for some reason Asians don't do very well)....

MMA, Boxing, Wrestling etc are all evenly represented by Blacks, Whites, Hispanics and Americans (of any race) in general do quite good in all...

Basketball, Football etc I don't care about...

I think Whites, Hispanics, Polynesians, Blacks etc at the highest level are equally athletically....And can all equally compete with one another at the top Level...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2015, 11:29 AM
 
7,437 posts, read 5,929,882 times
Reputation: 3799
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY to Chicago View Post
I
Europeans only pulled away from Asians/Africans/Natives in terms of technical advancement/innovation in about the last 500 years (which is absolutely nothing in terms of human evolutionary time)....Up until the Renaissance period Europeans were just as backwards as everyone else.......

In fact when the early European explores encountered those from the Benin Empire (now south west Nigeria, they were very impressed with their metallurgy, and how their cities were organized. Rather than throwing human waste into the streets, as was the custom in Europe at the time, they collected it, and moved it to farms where it was used as manure, as indeed animal waste is often used.

In fact Mali in the 1300s was once one of the richest parts of the world, and the universities of Timbuktu among the most accomplished.

So the notion that we owe it all to the northern European is pure nonsense, but then expected when another idiot peddles idiocy of black superiority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2015, 11:30 AM
 
7,437 posts, read 5,929,882 times
Reputation: 3799
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
No, this is where the truth starts on the intnernet.

This man I responded to said something that is profoundly foolish, implying that blacks are somehow supperior to whites because they can run fast. I told him the truth of the matter. Let him learn. In fact, what I said was so concise, I believe it should be repeated:

Athletics are miniscule in terms of importance. Whites have driven every game changing discovery and theory in the past 500 years including but not limited to:

Quantum physics
General relativity
The uncertainty principle
The internal combustion engine
Manned flight
Spaceflight
Capitalism/Communism/Socialism
Splitting the atom
Representative Democracy

and on and on. The most recent addition is the Higgs Boson.



This is rich. Friend, you are part of the problem and your judgements on why you "kind of" agree with me amount to nothing.

The man said something foolish and racist- YOUR RESPONSE SHOULD HAVE BEEN TO CHECK HIM, NOT ME. All I did was to tell him the obvious truth of the matter.

The race war goes on because of the ennabling of this kind of crap logic.
Yes I do recall your love for arguments where you suggest that all of humanity genuflect and bow to the superior white man. You are no different from the Afrocentric idiots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2015, 11:37 AM
 
7,437 posts, read 5,929,882 times
Reputation: 3799
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
I am not saying Africans are better at sports but saying because of previous ancestral diets and

The sport which people live to cite as evidence of superior black athleticism is track. Yet it is only two groups who dominate track. African Americans, and Jamaicans. The vast majority of those of West African ancestry fit into neither group.

What is unique about this is the US college system which invests much in athletics, and the proximity of Jamaica to the USA, which allowed many Jamaicans to benefit from the superior training.

In fact looking at the Olympics swimming is the only major sport where white American males dominate.

The issue is that white American males no longer see upward mobility in sports as they have many other options. So the drive, the intense commitment and discipline required in these sports is directed to other pursuits.

THAT is more important in determining which group does best at which sport. In fact there is no evidence that the average black American runs faster than the average white American.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2015, 04:24 AM
 
931 posts, read 613,831 times
Reputation: 1488
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
The sport which people live to cite as evidence of superior black athleticism is track. Yet it is only two groups who dominate track. African Americans, and Jamaicans. The vast majority of those of West African ancestry fit into neither group.

What is unique about this is the US college system which invests much in athletics, and the proximity of Jamaica to the USA, which allowed many Jamaicans to benefit from the superior training.

In fact looking at the Olympics swimming is the only major sport where white American males dominate.

The issue is that white American males no longer see upward mobility in sports as they have many other options. So the drive, the intense commitment and discipline required in these sports is directed to other pursuits.

THAT is more important in determining which group does best at which sport. In fact there is no evidence that the average black American runs faster than the average white American.

I have heard of West Africans dominating in sprinting and East Africans dominating in marathons. Most African American/Jamaicans are of Western Africa origin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2015, 02:10 PM
 
7,328 posts, read 4,013,331 times
Reputation: 9081
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissrock View Post
Most African American/Jamaicans are of Western Africa origin.
Of course it is equally interesting that west Africans suck in the sprints with the exception of Olusoji Adetokunbo Fasuba the fastest African ever in the 100 meters at 9.85 and ranks 9th amongst the fastest in the 100 meters.

Meanwhile, African Americans... 400 meters + not so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2015, 04:38 PM
 
7,437 posts, read 5,929,882 times
Reputation: 3799
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissrock View Post
I have heard of West Africans dominating in sprinting and East Africans dominating in marathons. Most African American/Jamaicans are of Western Africa origin.

African Americans and Jamaican blacks are of West African stock. How often do you hear Brazilians winning in sprints? This country has the second largest concentration of people of West African ancestry in the Americas.


Brazilians aren't networked into the US college training systems, nor obviously aren't West Africans. When you hear Nigerians winning, they are usually living outside of Africa.

Any case when it comes to Jamaicans, there are no more than 50 out of a population of 2.5 million blacks, who meet world standards, so one cannot even seriously examine whether there is a Jamaican gene which leads to fastness. What is the more important factor is that Jamaica has made its mark in track, meaning that talented Jamaicans would work very hard to succeed in track. Brazilian blacks less so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2015, 09:48 AM
 
Location: Macao
15,945 posts, read 36,159,509 times
Reputation: 9478
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
Is the Black superior to the White race? Or are they rather equal . By Black Race , I mean Africans and by White Race I mean Europeans. In my humble opinion, no race or people are above the other. We are all equal.
...and this is why I don't view the 'Africa Forum' so often, as much as I'd like to. Isn't this FORUM supposed to be about AFRICA...the CONTINENT.

Why do we have to read so many race-baiting threads on this forum?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top