U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2015, 07:42 PM

3,510 posts, read 2,518,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperiorMegaman View Post
There really ought to be a racism thread for all you ignorant racists to spew your filth. If there is a moderator, please close this thread. Its ridiculous. You all realize that humans are about 99.5 percent identical right? No biological difference between the races.
I assume you are talking to Saxonworld, who claims he believes in equality but felt that he had to ask if blacks are superior to whites, and Dopo who thinks that the black ability to run really fast makes them superior.

Of course you are, and I am equally disgusted by it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2015, 01:15 PM

Quote:
When did the Africa thread become the place for racists to congregate?

You should probably ask Saxonworld and Dopo. I am just hear to challenge their racsim. And since you are so concerned about racism, I am glad that you are here to aid me.

Old 11-28-2015, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Sorry, but I don't think we're on the same wavelength. I happen to think that SaxonWorld is actually a racist troll trying to race bait.
Then we are on the same page. I agree. Dopo is also a racist.

Old 11-28-2015, 01:45 PM

197 posts, read 181,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Just watch the Olympics
Summer or winter?

Old 12-01-2015, 12:19 PM

387 posts, read 271,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
The sport which people live to cite as evidence of superior black athleticism is track. Yet it is only two groups who dominate track. African Americans, and Jamaicans. The vast majority of those of West African ancestry fit into neither group.

What is unique about this is the US college system which invests much in athletics, and the proximity of Jamaica to the USA, which allowed many Jamaicans to benefit from the superior training.

In fact looking at the Olympics swimming is the only major sport where white American males dominate.

The issue is that white American males no longer see upward mobility in sports as they have many other options. So the drive, the intense commitment and discipline required in these sports is directed to other pursuits.

THAT is more important in determining which group does best at which sport. In fact there is no evidence that the average black American runs faster than the average white American.

Yep way to much diversity WITHIN any race to make any sort of Black>White or White>Black or Asian>White proclamation.....Which Blacks and which Whites and which Asians are you talking about?? There is great diversity within every race....

For example, Asians in America are typically stereotyped as weak and unathletic since most people in America associate Asians with East Asians who tend to be nerdy and not athletic.....But in Russia?? Asians are not stereotyped at all in this way since most Asians (that Russians are familiar with) are the "Genghis Khan" Asians from Mongolia/Tibet/Kyrgyzstan/Kazakhstan and they are not nerdy at all....Many of the best wrestlers/boxers on the Russian National team are Mongoloids (from those above countries) and they do well in Russian sports and are tough/masculine in general....If you were to ask someone in America about Asian Male athletic prowess you would probably get a very different answer than if you went to Moscow and asked someone there....

I also think that isolated populations can evolve/change appearance very quickly from their
"Mother Population"....I don't think it takes thousands of years for humans to change in appearance due to geographic isolation/environment/diet/culture....

African Americans are only about 300-500 years (on average) removed from West Africans and White Americans are only about 100-500 years (on average) from Europeans yet I can see lots of differences between them....The average person from Nigeria/Ghana/Cameron doesn't look that much alike to the average African American and the same is true for White Americans compared to Germans/British/Irish etc populations in Europe....There are clear differences between them despite the fact that those are the "Mother Populations"....

Old 12-01-2015, 12:58 PM

15,523 posts, read 17,750,904 times
My favorite race in Africa is the Dakar rally. I am glad there is finally a thread on the Africa sub-forum about endurance racing.

Old 12-04-2015, 03:29 PM

692 posts, read 589,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concaine View Post
There is no 'White Race', nor 'Black Race'. Skin colouration is the least informative feature of one's origin. 'Superiority' is subjective as well and differs from person to person, one may consider physical superiority over intellectual superiority as ultimately superior. Nature has proven both to be effective. With such a subjective bar to measure, your question becomes meaningless.

The concept of 'Race' is outdated and has been so for a significant amount of time.
Race is much more than skin coloration. Race (ones genes) determines facial structure (everything from skull shape to nasal structure), hair texture, muscle fiber distribution (hence some groups run faster on average while some have greater upper body strength than others) and what diseases a person is susceptible to on a cellular level (Tay Sachs, sickle cell, certain cancers, etc.).

Skin color alone though is hugely a big factor in nature. The color of animals in nature is a warning sign (think the coral snake) and also how they can camouflage and survive. It's not a trivial thing.

Old 12-04-2015, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
Is the Black superior to the White race? Or are they rather equal . By Black Race , I mean Africans and by White Race I mean Europeans. In my humble opinion, no race or people are above the other. We are all equal.
Absolutely one is superior to the other depending on who you ask. All of this comes down to personal opinion. I like Coke and think it is much superior to Pepsi. I don't see how race is any different. Nothing can be equal if it is different. That is immeasurable. Is Coke equal to Sprite or vanilla to chocholate or McDonald's to Burger King. To some they might find them equal but to others they have preference. Obviously if I'm Asian I am naturally going to think Asians are superior. It's a matter of biological survival. If one thinks his group is better it makes no difference to me. I have my own preference.

Old 12-04-2015, 03:37 PM

Quote:
There really ought to be a racism thread for all you ignorant racists to spew your filth. If there is a moderator, please close this thread. Its ridiculous. You all realize that humans are about 99.5 percent identical right? No biological difference between the races.
When one nucleotide out of 2 billion is out of place can mean the difference between a healthy child and one with some terrible deformity, that .5% difference is huge. Think about humans vs monkeys who are only 1.5 to 3% apart genetically. Percentage wise that is not a big difference but in context it is.

If there was no biological distinction between the races everyone would look generally the same and there wouldn't be different facial structure, skull shape, hair texture, muscle fiber distribution and differences in susceptibility to certain diseases.

The real racists are the ones who deny race and are not honest about reality. There is nothing wrong with there being different races.

Old 12-06-2015, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Thank you for saying this. What I meant to say is that there was people of different skin colors were not different biologically. We're all human beings, right?
People of different skin colors are of different biology. Different skin color is just a small part of the genetic difference between races where ch includes hair texture, skull shape, facial structure, muscle fiber distribution and susceptibility to certain diseases on a cellular level.

We're all human beings can compare to they are all dogs. A Maltese is a dog as is a Dalmatian. They have the same basic parts and the cells look identical pretty much but they look different and act different. Same with humans. There are different races and diversity should be acknowledged not hidden like when people pret nyd there is no such thing as race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or