U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2015, 12:26 PM

8,489 posts, read 10,537,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Yep you're white.

I'm kidding of course but you can't really divide up the "white" and "black" it's all connected.
So apparently we have all these Non-Africans mixing with Africans on the continent throughout history but Europe somehow remains relatively unmixed. Interesting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2015, 12:36 PM

7,328 posts, read 4,051,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
So apparently we have all these Non-Africans mixing with Africans on the continent throughout history but Europe somehow remains relatively unmixed. Interesting
This is what I don't get, genetic research has confirmed over and over again the Out of Africa theory, we know that there were a series of back migrations due to climate change and we know that the middle east was the Greyhound bus station of early man so "admixtures" are all over the place taking place in different places overtime so this whole preoccupation with admixture and trying to sort out one "race" from another I find a puzzlement.

Old 11-10-2015, 12:45 PM
AFP AFP started this thread

6,930 posts, read 4,308,208 times
Quote:

Huh? The Eurasians that spread across Africa starting appoximately 3,000 YBP are from the same population that are referred to as the Neolithics that brought agriculture to Europe approx. 7,000-8,000 YBP. The study indicates that both populations were most similar to the present day Sardinians whom are the proxy for the Neolithics. The Eurasian DNA found in the 4,500 year old Ethiopian indicates that that there was at least one earlier migration either from the Fertile Crescent(possibly Mesopotamia) or present day Eastern Turkey.

Old 11-10-2015, 03:08 PM

5,459 posts, read 8,139,984 times
What implications does this have regarding ancient Egypt?

I hope I don't need to expand further on what I mean, but the back migration had to pass through Egypt and probably left a few people there and multiplied, built empires, etc. King Tut et al...

Maybe the ancient Ethiopian from whom the DNA was extracted from was or descended from ancient Egyptians? Is that a hint to what the people from there were like?

Old 11-10-2015, 03:18 PM

Read post #73 in the Tankhamun thread if you have questions about my post I can explain it on that thread.

Old 11-10-2015, 06:20 PM

Quote:
All European populations carry DNA from the Neolithic Farmers that left the Middle East 7,000 - 8,000 years ago. I carry more DNA from the Mediterranean Farmers(from the same stock as the Eurasians that spread into E. Africa 3,000 YBP) than the original Europeans who were the Hunter Gatherers.

Population
Anatolian Farmer 11.50%
Baltic Hunter Gatherer 35.53%
Middle Eastern Herder 7.22%
East Asian Farmer 0.30%
South American Hunter Gatherer -
South Asian Hunter Gatherer -
North Eurasian Hunter Gatherer -
East African Pastoralist 1.83%
Oceanian Hunter Gatherer -
Mediterranean Farmer 42.23%
Pygmy Hunter Gatherer 1.09%
Bantu Farmer 0.28%

Old 11-11-2015, 08:32 AM

15,607 posts, read 17,905,719 times
Quote:
It's only a matter of time before Eurocentrics will start claiming Central and West Africa. Just give it time.
Yes, because if history has taught us anything, it is that Eurocentrics have long wanted to consider Black people to be White and give them all the privileges that entails.

Old 11-11-2015, 03:04 PM

45 posts, read 100,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Please, please, please STOP! Just stop lumping the 22 distinct genetic groups that make up "Sub-Saharan" Africans into one fantastical group of humans.

For example, the Wodaabe a sub-group of the Fulani ethnic group who inhabit Niger, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Nigeria have the same facial features that you ascribe to Ethiopians, a nation with 80 distinct ethnic groups.

The Wodaabe of Central Africa.

Anuak of Ethiopia
The Anuak makes a fraction less than 100.000 in Ethiopia a nation over 90 million people, most Anuak live in South-Sudan, if you want to make comparison with your so called fulani compare them to the largest groups in Ethiopia Oromo(34%) Amhara(27%), Somali(6,22%) Tigray(6,1%) together make up 73,22% who are of the Semitic and Cu****ic branch.

Old 11-11-2015, 03:16 PM

45 posts, read 100,267 times
Wodaabe people dont look like ethiopians at all, totally unethiopian with their big noses

Old 11-11-2015, 09:41 PM

7,328 posts, read 4,051,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautymustbeseen View Post
The Anuak makes a fraction less than 100.000 in Ethiopia a nation over 90 million people, most Anuak live in South-Sudan, if you want to make comparison with your so called fulani compare them to the largest groups in Ethiopia Oromo(34%) Amhara(27%), Somali(6,22%) Tigray(6,1%) together make up 73,22% who are of the Semitic and Cu****ic branch.
You know this whole argument reminds me of a Gil Scott-Heron verse.
Because Libya and Egypt used to be in Africa,
but they've been moved to the 'middle east'.
There are examples galore I assure you,
but if interpreting was left up to me
I'd be sure every time folks knew this version wasn't mine
which is why it is called 'His story'.
I've always been fascinated by folks who insist on setting lines of demarcations between the broad cross section of humanity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or