U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 09:42 PM

7,328 posts, read 4,050,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautymustbeseen View Post
Wodaabe people dont look like ethiopians at all, totally unethiopian with their big noses
This kind of morphological nonsense is just so 18th century.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2015, 12:23 AM

45 posts, read 100,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
You know this whole argument reminds me of a Gil Scott-Heron verse.
Because Libya and Egypt used to be in Africa,
but they've been moved to the 'middle east'.
There are examples galore I assure you,
but if interpreting was left up to me
I'd be sure every time folks knew this version wasn't mine
which is why it is called 'His story'.
I've always been fascinated by folks who insist on setting lines of demarcations between the broad cross section of humanity.
What kind of nonsense are you rambling, you made a comparison with some fulani who don't in anyway resemble the majority of Ethiopians and say they have the same features xd

Old 11-12-2015, 12:37 AM

I as a offspring of Amhara parents from Gondar, i feel offendend by the comparison you made, myself and my family don't look like a woodabe fulani, don't have a big nose, we have narrow Kush nose, we speak a semitic language(Amharic) that is similar to Hebrew and Arabic, we have naturally weavy and soft hair and look naturel our own way. We don't look like anuaks, they don't represent the majority of Semitic and Cush speaking people of Ethiopia, Anuaks are nilotics and are 0,1% of Ethiopia. Ethiopia is biblical and historically consist of the people in North-Ethiopia Habesha people, Habesha people in Eritrea, Gurage people in South central Ethiopia(Southern branch), North eastern Sudan(Nubia area), Southern Egypt and Western Yemen. Nilotics like anuaks and bantu's like fulani don't look like Ethiopian(ancient Kush), Amhara, Tigray, Gurage, Nubians, Beja, Oromo, Somali and Al Akhdam(ethiopian descedants) from Yemen are.
Attached Thumbnails
DNA from 4,500 year old Ethiopian reveals Eurasian DNA-win_20140607_231926.jpg  

Last edited by Beautymustbeseen; 11-12-2015 at 12:58 AM..

Old 11-12-2015, 07:18 AM

7,328 posts, read 4,050,208 times
Quote:
i feel offendend by the comparison you made...

Yes, yes, I know it is so offensive to be identified even in the slightest with so-called Sub-Saharan humans. We have a similar problem here in the U.S. with those darker and lighter than paper bags.

http://1nedrop.com/

Old 11-12-2015, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Yes, yes, I know it is so offensive to be identified even in the slightest with so-called Sub-Saharan humans. We have a similar problem here in the U.S. with those darker and lighter than paper bags.

1ne Drop
It has absolutly nothing to do with colour, ofcourse we are sub-saharan African but that doesn't mean we all look the same, it's about the misrepresentation you gave about my country, you made look like anuaks is how most ethiopians look like which is not the case. Most Semitic and Cu****ic groups look similar and have mostly the same feature they make about 96%, then there's the bantu and nilotic minorty in the southern most regions near south-sudan and kenya, the anuaks included, who by the way most of them came to Ethiopia because of the South Sudanese independece war with Sudan in the 90s and now with the current civil war in their own country. They make up 0,1% of the population. It's about the misrepresentation.

Old 11-12-2015, 11:36 PM
AFP AFP started this thread

6,930 posts, read 4,306,111 times
Dude that's one whacky pic what's with the waistband lol.

Old 11-13-2015, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Dude that's one whacky pic what's with the waistband lol.
Lol just working out you know xd

Old 11-16-2015, 11:41 PM

6,212 posts, read 7,439,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
It's only a matter of time before Eurocentrics will start claiming Central and West Africa. Just give it time.
LOL Exactly!!

Old 11-16-2015, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Wodaabe people dont look like ethiopians at all, totally unethiopian with their big noses
Oh trust and believe, Ethiopians have quite the large noses as well along with the Somalis, Sudanese/South Sudanese, Eritreans, Somalis, and other Afro-Asiatics. Many of them look borderline South Asian (think the Indian Subcontinent) and yes, I've seen Ethiopians before. I'm from the Washington D.C. area here in the U.S., they're the largest Afrikan immigrant group around here.

Old 11-16-2015, 11:48 PM

Quote:
You know this whole argument reminds me of a Gil Scott-Heron verse.
Because Libya and Egypt used to be in Africa,
but they've been moved to the 'middle east'.
There are examples galore I assure you,
but if interpreting was left up to me
I'd be sure every time folks knew this version wasn't mine
which is why it is called 'His story'.
I've always been fascinated by folks who insist on setting lines of demarcations between the broad cross section of humanity.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=barWV7RWkq0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or