U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-10-2016, 11:10 AM
 
Location: West Coast of Europe
21,396 posts, read 19,311,556 times
Reputation: 8493

Advertisements

Guilt complex? Far from it, to the contrary. My conscience is totally clear, simply because I have not done anything wrong. I don't have anything to do with what other people do or did in the past. I used to be very interested in Africa when I was younger, even learned an African language (Bambara, spoken in Mali). How many AA's learn an African language? Virtually none.
My interest has faded away somewhat, but I am still observing Africa and Africans, especially since I moved to Portugal with all her immigrants from Angola, Mozambique etc. Our national TV even has a station dedicated exclusively to Africa.

Pan-Africanism also makes no sense because all modern humans' ancestors came from Africa, some sooner, some later. Where to draw the line? Pigment count?

Of course the two of you are blaming other people, mostly whites. I quote:

"Yes, because capitalism, consumerism, slavery, drugs, Pollution, destroying the planet and wage slavery are such great things for society. Us black folks should just shut up and worship the white man, right?
Like I keep saying, Black people are not considered American--in some cases they are seen as less than human. They are like the unwanted stepchild."

Regarding the past, some of that blame was indeed justified. But now? I don't think so.

And since it is in that quote, of course AA's are considered Americans. After all, that is what they are, proven by various documents. It doesn't matter what the KKK thinks, AA's are as American as Donald Trump.

Sorry, due to my mobile Internet access I can't watch thus long videos. But I Googled the title and found this:
https://www.historians.org/publicati...e-africa-world
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-10-2016, 03:36 PM
 
7,328 posts, read 4,014,033 times
Reputation: 9081
Simple question how does a philosophy, once articulated, cease to exist?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2016, 03:56 PM
AFP AFP started this thread
 
6,898 posts, read 4,236,862 times
Reputation: 5878
[quote=SuperiorMegaman;43312842]Nope, educate yourself.

Its about a common experience of oppression and racism. Uniting will help us stand up to the oppressors. Africa for the Africans...[/quote]

All modern man started out in Africa so then we are all Africans in a sense. It sounds like what you really mean is Africa for only those that have dark pigmentation, wooly hair etc. Sounds very discriminating. So how are you going to divide your "African" genes from your "European" genes? Some black Africans may not want your European genes in Africa.

You lose all credibility with this ridiculous argument of Africa for the Africans considering you are quick to label people racist "Africa for the Africans" is a borderline a racist comment and if you can't see that then you're blind as a bat considering you are a black American with likely 20% European genes.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2016, 06:28 PM
AFP AFP started this thread
 
6,898 posts, read 4,236,862 times
Reputation: 5878
[quote=SuperiorMegaman;43313563]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post




Sorry, but all modern man doesn't get their countries invaded and exploited, their women raped and sexualized, their men killed and demonized and feared, and forced to live in ghettos. Again, you whites created racism.




Nope, only around 6-8% Euro genes--from France--my family is mostly Louisiana and Mississippi creole. And its not racist, Africans should work and build their own and not be exploited.
1. You've got some issues. You're a partial "white" also. I wasn't part of the process that "created" racism but what facts are you basing your statement of "you whites created racism" on?

2. That's not what you stated earlier. Hard to believe you only have 6-8% with your family being from Louisiana what testing company did you use.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2016, 06:49 PM
AFP AFP started this thread
 
6,898 posts, read 4,236,862 times
Reputation: 5878
[quote=SuperiorMegaman;43314846]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post

My family isn't from Louisiana, its from Mississipi and Arkansas. My skin is very dark. my hair is nappy and no way am I going to be able to claim any kind of white privilege. I can't identify as white.

I'm black and no negligible European genes in my DNA will change that.
Then why did in post #197 you say Louisiana. Are you sure you're even black? Most black people I know wouldn't proudly claim they are "nappy headed".
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2016, 08:03 PM
 
4,434 posts, read 4,417,933 times
Reputation: 3500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Guilt complex? Far from it, to the contrary. My conscience is totally clear, simply because I have not done anything wrong. I don't have anything to do with what other people do or did in the past. I used to be very interested in Africa when I was younger, even learned an African language (Bambara, spoken in Mali). How many AA's learn an African language? Virtually none.
My interest has faded away somewhat, but I am still observing Africa and Africans, especially since I moved to Portugal with all her immigrants from Angola, Mozambique etc. Our national TV even has a station dedicated exclusively to Africa.

Pan-Africanism also makes no sense because all modern humans' ancestors came from Africa, some sooner, some later. Where to draw the line? Pigment count?

Of course the two of you are blaming other people, mostly whites. I quote:

"Yes, because capitalism, consumerism, slavery, drugs, Pollution, destroying the planet and wage slavery are such great things for society. Us black folks should just shut up and worship the white man, right?
Like I keep saying, Black people are not considered American--in some cases they are seen as less than human. They are like the unwanted stepchild."

Regarding the past, some of that blame was indeed justified. But now? I don't think so.

And since it is in that quote, of course AA's are considered Americans. After all, that is what they are, proven by various documents. It doesn't matter what the KKK thinks, AA's are as American as Donald Trump.

Sorry, due to my mobile Internet access I can't watch thus long videos. But I Googled the title and found this:
https://www.historians.org/publicati...e-africa-world
Yes you have a guilt complex because you randomly inserted Black people blaming white. To you black people are not allowed to talk about history. We can talk about the history of white people but we must not talk about the history of Black people cause that would mention slavery. The Trans Atlantic slave trade is in the past Black people are not Blaming white people. You are not a slave holder from hundreds of years ago nobody is blaming you for anything. Black people mention the slavery trade because it's our history. White people can mention their history and how their ancestors came to the US, But you think Black People don't suppose to mention our history because it mention slavery? Some whites have a guilt complex and you can tell this cause their main concern is "blaming' you feel blacks are blaming whites, so you bust in the thread and started blaming Blacks.



Ummm I'm not SuperiorMegaman "Of course the two of you are blaming other people, mostly whites. I quote:" ummm that quote is not from me. Again the error of generalization. who told you SuperiorMegaman and me completely agree on the same stuff? I could swear I been you telling people have different views and perspective to what Pan Africanism. The point is you made a bunch of rants assuming what pan Africanists think when that's impossible pan Africanists have different views.


Next time you respond, respond to my points. You respond but don't address 75% of what I said.


1. This is my third post of me telling you, your confusing Pan Africanism with Black nationalism. and you respond each time as if I just didn't say that. Again you ignore this point.

2. You posted a link about Henry Louis gates but complexly ignored the point of me posting that video. You said quote " so why don't you like my saying that Africans hunted and sold each other to the colonialists? That is just the way it was. And yes, indeed Africans have always had wars as well (just like European tribes), which reflects the lack of any pan-African mindset. A Yoruba doesn't like a Hausa just because they happen to have similar pigmentation and live on the same continent" So I posted a link a pan Africanist professor going to West Africa. Talking about African kindoms involvement in the slave trade. But again completely ignore this. This doesn't go with what you saying cause your argument is about Black people blaming white. When Pan African address history and issues of people African decent go bad. Again you ignore this point.

3 Again your randomly injecting points saying people are blaming when you actually complaining about Black working together also at the same time. If anything Pan Africanism is to address issues of as you said " corruption, nepotism, superstition or sexism." What's the point of bring that up if you also have issue of Africans taking self responsibly and addressing those issues also? You said Quote " Many of those peoples can't stand each other. Any two European peoples are closer to each other than people in southern and northern Nigeria are to each other. Even more so as you cross the borders" If that was the case why are you against more Africans working? Again you ignore this point.



4. You have a abstract view of what "uniting" means. And you take it to the extreme. I have said 3 times quote myself "As said I don't think Black people should learn or be connected to Africa. Anymore or less than White People are to Europe. But that's the thing White Americans know waaay more about European History and Culture and way more connected to European pop culture. " You ignore my view of what Pan African is than continue straw man viewed I never agree with. By your logic that Pan Africanism is bad this would make white Americans racist for learning about the Greeks and etc, or white teen listening to a British Again you ignore this point.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2016, 08:12 PM
 
4,434 posts, read 4,417,933 times
Reputation: 3500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
They don't have to be from Africa. I'm not even black and I like learning about it.
I you would be agreeing with my points. And Agree I like the idea and people learning history and different cultures Europe, Asia, Africa and etc.

I just had issue with dude having a strange issue with Blacks wanting to learn about Africa.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2016, 08:21 PM
AFP AFP started this thread
 
6,898 posts, read 4,236,862 times
Reputation: 5878
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperiorMegaman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post

Creoles live in more than Louisiana, and yes, I am perfectly certain that I am black. The point I was making was that I can't pull a Rachel Dolezal and walk into a room and say I'm white and reap the benefits of being white. I wouldn't be seen as white even if I were 50% white--or even 75% white!. And yes, a lot of Black people call their hair nappy--I could just as easily said wooly, kinky or 4c. You just made a generalized statement. How many black people do you know?
This is what you stated in post #197 Today, 04:39 PM

Nope, only around 6-8% Euro genes--from France--my family is mostly Louisiana and Mississippi creole. And its not racist, Africans should work and build their own and not be exploited.
Then in post # 199 Today, 06:40 PM you completely contradict yourself

My family isn't from Louisiana, its from Mississipi and Arkansas. My skin is very dark. my hair is nappy and no way am I going to be able to claim any kind of white privilege. I can't identify as white.

In a two hour span your story changed.

What DNA testing company did you use?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2016, 08:22 PM
AFP AFP started this thread
 
6,898 posts, read 4,236,862 times
Reputation: 5878
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperiorMegaman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post

Creoles live in more than Louisiana, and yes, I am perfectly certain that I am black. The point I was making was that I can't pull a Rachel Dolezal and walk into a room and say I'm white and reap the benefits of being white. I wouldn't be seen as white even if I were 50% white--or even 75% white!. And yes, a lot of Black people call their hair nappy--I could just as easily said wooly, kinky or 4c. You just made a generalized statement. How many black people do you know?


This is what you stated in post #197 Today, 04:39 PM

'Nope, only around 6-8% Euro genes--from France--my family is mostly Louisiana and Mississippi creole. And its not racist, Africans should work and build their own and not be exploited.'
Then in post # 199 Today, 06:40 PM you completely contradict yourself

'My family isn't from Louisiana, its from Mississipi and Arkansas. My skin is very dark. my hair is nappy and no way am I going to be able to claim any kind of white privilege. I can't identify as white.'

In a two hour span your story changed.

What DNA testing company did you use?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2016, 08:46 PM
AFP AFP started this thread
 
6,898 posts, read 4,236,862 times
Reputation: 5878
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperiorMegaman View Post
What? I'm tired and have work in the morning. Look, my grandfather on my Mom's side was Louisiana Creole. My grandfather was born in Mississippi. My Dad is from Arkansas.

DOn't worry about the company I used.
What's the big deal about stating what company you used I'm just curious I've never hear of any company giving that sort of range.

It's 7:42 pm in the Inland Empire of California where you posted you live. Oh come on that's not so late lol.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top