U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2016, 06:23 PM

141 posts, read 98,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
Welcome to the funny farm.

The demographic of the crack head nubian olmecs and other afrocentrics are mostly drawn from the most disgusting and despicable elements of society.

Afrocentrism is a mental disease, lol.

The sooner people realize that the better.
I don't understand the point you're making
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2016, 03:09 PM

666 posts, read 578,521 times
Africans and Caribbeans who look down on African-Americans
are victims of the propaganda spouted from the major media.
They are the same people that use skin lightener.

Pan-Africanism is alive and well.

There are Pan-Africans from the Caribbean and Africa.
If you think the major media are going to highlight them,
you are delusional.

Old 04-08-2016, 03:13 PM

666 posts, read 578,521 times
"Afrocentrism is a mental disease, lol."

No, but white supremacy is.

Old 04-08-2016, 06:11 PM

691 posts, read 918,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallol1 View Post
I have never mistaken an African American for an Ethiopia, vice versa. (I'm Ethiopian though)
There are a FEW people I have seen that I thought probably were Ethiopians...But there are so FEW in this
area.

In my experience, in facial features some West Africans remind me of Afro-American friends and relatives
I know..I saw a picture of a woman from a village in Burkina Faso and she looked EXACTLY like my cousin
in the face, it was uncanny!...they could have been twins.

One Temne friend from Sierra Leone says I look Fula because of my build...One Fula guy from Nigeria calls me "Fulani Man" because I remind him of someone from his village I was told.

I am about the same color as Nelson Mandela. Eventhough most AAs are mixed there is some overlap in
appearance as far as some West Africans are concerned.

Old 04-08-2016, 06:38 PM

One guy from the Ivory Coast said, the "unmixed" Black Americans look like people he knows from Ghana and Senegal..He was complaining that his white landlord talks to him like he is stupid, and I said because you are black...He got mad said "What did you say!" I then said "Because you are African" then he said Uh- HUH as in correcting me..He told me once, like the Anglo Saxons are the root of British, Americans and Aussies.. His root is AKAN and various ethnic groups including his come from that root and are in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.

Tribal identity trumps racial identity even though racial identity is recognized he said the British, French and Americans are
all alike.

Old 04-09-2016, 12:47 PM

5,180 posts, read 4,672,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Mental heath is underfunded Ms. McCray is doing good.
I agree, the demographic that's into crack and other delinquencies is the same one that becomes the hard core afrocentric.

Those people got some serious mental issues.

"Earlier, at an announcement inside the Empire State Building with advocates for mental health, Ms. McCray adopted the Dickensian theme of her husband’s campaign. The current structure of care, she said, amounted to “a tale of two health systems,” with mental health issues still stigmatized.

In recent months, as Ms. McCray has carved out a more clearly defined role for herself, mental health has become a chief focus. And Ms. McCray has said that the nonprofit Mayor’s Fund to Advance New York City, for which Mr. de Blasio selected her as chairwoman, will move to emphasize mental health programs.

“Never in the history of New York City government has a public figure been so passionately outspoken on behalf of individuals and families impacted by mental illness,” said Barbara Ricci, president of the National Alliance on Mental Illness, New York City Metro."

NYTimes: Chirlane McCray Promises Millions of Dollars for Mental Health and Social Service Programs

Old 04-10-2016, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Welcome to the funny farm.

The demographic of the crack head nubian olmecs and other afrocentrics are mostly drawn from the most disgusting and despicable elements of society.

Afrocentrism is a mental disease, lol.

The sooner people realize that the better.
Dis na oyingbo Troll Alert Special!! (Nigerian Pidgin)

Old 04-16-2016, 12:37 PM

5,180 posts, read 4,672,714 times
The online world is a reflection of the off line one, in that once a certain demographic reaches a certain number, they proceed to trash the place and tear everything apart.

The plantation generations, massah and his slaves and dependents.

Indeed, afrocentrism most certainly is a disease.

Last edited by kovert; 04-16-2016 at 01:25 PM..

Old 04-16-2016, 11:39 PM

156 posts, read 110,355 times
Without reading all the posts I'm curious how did "Pan-Africanism" become "Afrocentrism"? Seems to me that they are quite different ideologies?
To me Pan-Africanism is as flawed a concept as South Africa's "Rainbow Nation". They are both unrealistic and unachievable fantasies.

Old 04-17-2016, 02:22 PM
AFP AFP started this thread

6,898 posts, read 4,229,093 times
Quote:
The online world is a reflection of the off line one, in that once a certain demographic reaches a certain number, they proceed to trash the place and tear everything apart.

The plantation generations, massah and his slaves and dependents.

Indeed, afrocentrism most certainly is a disease.
You know initially when you posted that some time ago I disagreed, but I have moved on that point and I think you're correct.

I now get what you meant by the enabling comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or