U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2016, 03:19 PM

5,196 posts, read 4,678,977 times

Advertisements

Once again, the crack head nubian olmecs masquerading as "warriors of social justice" want to claim everything under the sun except fatherhood and personal responsibility.

"Federal data confirms that 73 percent of African-American births in 2010 were out of wedlock. Estimates for the percentage of African-American children growing up in single-parent households are slightly lower, at 67 percent."

Politifact
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2016, 04:07 PM

205 posts, read 838,763 times
Haiti is just not African enough, so it was denied membership to the African Union: “Haiti Is One of Us; It’s Just Not African Enough”: The African Union Denies Haiti Membership - Urban Intellectuals

Old 05-25-2016, 04:10 PM
AFP AFP started this thread

6,898 posts, read 4,242,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krock67 View Post
Haiti is not African the denial makes sense.

Old 05-25-2016, 04:40 PM

205 posts, read 838,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Haiti is not African the denial makes sense.
IMHO Haiti is the most African like country in the Americas, so if they are not allowed to become full members of the AU, and are relegated to an observer status, that sends a clear message to the rest of us in the diaspora.

Old 05-25-2016, 05:38 PM

691 posts, read 919,872 times
I think they mean "African-like" is still not African...That would be like the United States trying to join the EU because it is
"European-like".

Old 05-25-2016, 09:51 PM
AFP AFP started this thread

6,898 posts, read 4,242,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agbor View Post
I think they mean "African-like" is still not African...That would be like the United States trying to join the EU because it is
"European-like".
Fair comparison although I'm not so sure Haiti would have been denied if it had something to offer and if it was a wealthy, powerful African-like country.

Old 05-26-2016, 06:54 PM

691 posts, read 919,872 times
Quote:
Fair comparison although I'm not so sure Haiti would have been denied if it had something to offer and if it was a wealthy, powerful African-like country.
Haiti is as poor as some African countries, they would not be bringing anything to the table.

Old 05-27-2016, 08:10 PM

7,328 posts, read 4,016,725 times
Quote:
Haiti is as poor as some African countries, they would not be bringing anything to the table.
More case studies in "basketcaseism," a prime example of "terminal can't get it together for any reasons one can think of..."

Old 05-30-2016, 11:57 PM

7,437 posts, read 5,936,205 times
Quote:

It has already been suggested that had Brazil been interested they wouldn't have been denied. Africa has enough basket case nations. They don't want another one.

Old 05-30-2016, 11:59 PM

7,437 posts, read 5,936,205 times
Quote:
What I find interesting in all of this according to my experience is that I never see the Black American Afro-Centrist types at any of the Caribbean and African film festivals they show from time to time, it is usually very few blacks and mostly white
intellectuals at these events in my city.

Not true in NYC. No one goes, not even African and Caribbean people. These events are usually poorly promoted, and often not in media which focuses on the various black populations.

The music events, which are better promoted, are well attended by the various black populations. In fact the best attended event of the Celebrate Brooklyn used to be the annual African concert. But now they fragment it, so it has less appeal. In addition the music of the Sahel region is less interesting to most blacks than those from areas like Nigeria, and especially Congo.n The latter being more upbeat. I am seeing more of Mali, and less of Nigeria/Congo. I suspect the organizers pick the music which they like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or