U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-21-2017, 07:40 PM
 
7,457 posts, read 5,973,544 times
Reputation: 3804

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
Not at all

.But you if think about........... are a lot of blacks parents even involved schools PTA's nope....... because a lot of black parents are not involved in general relating to their kids with school.

The appearance of black kids is an issue once violent street crime is disproportionately committed by them. One of the root causes being the same poor outcomes that you allude to. Educational systems only serve those kids whose parents are involved, so its no wonder why the same bad NYC public schools serve Chinese kids better than they do black kids.

But go and tell black kids that they can dress any how to a job interview because they see white kids doing so. Understand that the white kid will be excused whereas the employer will simply refuse to hire them. Given that most jobs are now office based, where image is critical, I don't see why you resist my point.

In fact even to get a security job, one monopolized by black men in NYC, image is important.

As to the "blacks should start more businesses". Question for you. Do you own a business, or deal significantly with blacks who?

I own my consulting business and deal extensively with black business owners. I suggest that those who suggest more black ownership focus on assisting blacks who already own businesses to succeed rather than wasting time dreaming about this halcyon world of rampant black ownership.

In fact in NYC black business ownership has DECLINED since the 2008 recession. In addition very few blacks who own businesses are in a position to provide the level and quality of employment that young blacks need. They need a job with a career path to decent earnings, which micro enterprises typically cannot provide. Larger black owned businesses often don't depend exclusively on a black clientele so the
need to look credible to non blacks, who already think the worst of us, still remains an issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-22-2017, 06:50 AM
 
24,310 posts, read 17,746,792 times
Reputation: 9197
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
The appearance of black kids is an issue once violent street crime is disproportionately committed by them. One of the root causes being the same poor outcomes that you allude to. Educational systems only serve those kids whose parents are involved, so its no wonder why the same bad NYC public schools serve Chinese kids better than they do black kids.

But go and tell black kids that they can dress any how to a job interview because they see white kids doing so. Understand that the white kid will be excused whereas the employer will simply refuse to hire them. Given that most jobs are now office based, where image is critical, I don't see why you resist my point.

In fact even to get a security job, one monopolized by black men in NYC, image is important.

As to the "blacks should start more businesses". Question for you. Do you own a business, or deal significantly with blacks who?

I own my consulting business and deal extensively with black business owners. I suggest that those who suggest more black ownership focus on assisting blacks who already own businesses to succeed rather than wasting time dreaming about this halcyon world of rampant black ownership.

In fact in NYC black business ownership has DECLINED since the 2008 recession. In addition very few blacks who own businesses are in a position to provide the level and quality of employment that young blacks need. They need a job with a career path to decent earnings, which micro enterprises typically cannot provide. Larger black owned businesses often don't depend exclusively on a black clientele so the
need to look credible to non blacks, who already think the worst of us, still remains an issue.
Number one, you are a huge part of the problem if you are accepting double standards, and you're as big an enemy to these Black kids, if not more so, than the white racists you claim to hate.

Someone who owns a business needs access to investment and various forms of credit, as well as customers and clients who pay well and they clearly cannot be sustained by poor inner city Blacks. One would have to go towards a broader base of clients and associates.

I also think you're a bit too paranoid and defensive when dealing with non Blacks, and this is an issue some Black people need to check or control in themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2017, 11:39 PM
 
7,457 posts, read 5,973,544 times
Reputation: 3804
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Number one, you are a huge part of the problem if you are accepting double standards, and you're as big an enemy to these Black kids..
I will suggest to you that I am more of a friend to those blacks kids as I tell them the facts. You will tell them that if white kids do it then they can too. Except that the white kids have daddy who will explain away the sloppy attire to his friends. They will have a chuckle and Scott will get the job as a favor to his father.

I bet you though that when Scott shows up to work he will be dressed appropriate for the job and the company where he is working.

Tyrone isn't even going to be given an opportunity to fix himself up before he shows up for a job. He will be categorized as "ghetto" and that's the end of it.

How many black kids have parents with that clout? This time every year I have black friends asking me to help their just graduated kids find jobs. The white kids found jobs since December. Its the black ones who often still haven't found a job when they graduated.

So when the black kid cannot find a job because he didn't understand how the double standard works against him would you help them find a job that pays more than $12/hour, because you know full well that a wage like that is a fast way to homelessness in NYC?

And if you think that a black employer is going to allow sloppily dressed kids in his office think again. In fact many black employers will be MORE conservative than the white ones, because they too are going to be judged, by blacks and by non blacks.

Yes this is a world of double standards, and only rich white boys get away with this. Not even the poor white ones are so lucky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2017, 11:46 PM
 
7,457 posts, read 5,973,544 times
Reputation: 3804
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
.Someone who owns a business needs access to investment and various forms of credit, as well as customers and clients who pay well and they clearly cannot be sustained by poor inner city Blacks. One would have to go towards a broader base of clients and associates.

..
Yep just about describes why blacks folks cannot get away with the level of behavior that a rich white boy can.

A rich white boy can violently rape and not be punished. An average black boy can urinate in public, and get arrested. He will then have to explain the arrest and being black, will be seen as yet another shiftless negro. Even if he proves that it was only public urination that caused this.

You know that in NYC this is something that we all have had to do at some point, but to an employer (almost always non black) they just think of urine smelling NYCHA buildings if the person so accused is black.

So for the reasons that we see above this is why blacks cannot look "ghetto" and get away with it. We already start off with enough disadvantages as is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2017, 11:56 AM
 
2,368 posts, read 966,515 times
Reputation: 1814
Quote:
Originally Posted by african ninja View Post
No, it's not a delusional fantasy as black people worldwide desperately need solidarity.
For what?

Quote:
Unfortunately, it's not bound to happen anytime soon, not only because of the petty tribalism in Africa
Africa has never been a community. They are not all one people. "Black" racial identity does not even come from Africa.

Quote:
but because of the self-hating, foot shuffling Uncle Toms and Aunt Jemimas in the US (and to a lesser extent, Canada and the UK) who undermine the black community
There's a black community in the United States.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2017, 06:00 AM
 
Location: New York Area
16,113 posts, read 6,360,120 times
Reputation: 12477
Quote:
Originally Posted by african ninja View Post
No, it's not a delusional fantasy as black people worldwide desperately need solidarity. Unfortunately, it's not bound to happen anytime soon, not only because of the petty tribalism in Africa, but because of the self-hating, foot shuffling Uncle Toms and Aunt Jemimas in the US (and to a lesser extent, Canada and the UK) who undermine the black community in order to placate their white conservative masters.
How else are minorities supposed to exist in a majority white country such as the US (and to a lesser extent, Canada and the UK) without assimilating?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2017, 06:50 AM
 
351 posts, read 164,058 times
Reputation: 132
through music
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2017, 05:00 PM
 
7,457 posts, read 5,973,544 times
Reputation: 3804
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
How else are minorities supposed to exist in a majority white country such as the US (and to a lesser extent, Canada and the UK) without assimilating?


Black Americans are very culturally assimilated into the USA and in fact have made strong contributions to what being an "American" is.


Blacks of Caribbean descent living in the UK are so assimilated that kids of Caribbean descent are more likely to live in a home with at least one white parent. This due to their high degree of inter racial cohabitation.


Despite this both groups have serious problems when we look at assorted socio economic data.


Obviously cultural assimilation didn't solve the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2019, 01:06 PM
 
5,206 posts, read 4,697,220 times
Reputation: 1577
Interesting when you look behind the various pan-plantation utopian movements.

The Nation volume 113: search German society & Britisher, p.750-751
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2019, 03:20 PM
 
24,310 posts, read 17,746,792 times
Reputation: 9197
It should be noted Ghana offers citizenship to the descendants of African slaves. Obviously Ghana is not trying to keep African Americans out. Any American who has the money to fly to Africa is wealthy and welcome. In fact Ghana’s citizenship process brings in well off African American businessmen and retirees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top