Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2019, 04:02 PM

220 posts, read 125,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
Afoswarrior,

Africans are going all over the globe and 40M people isn't a large number in comparison to the land in Africa. Namibia and Botswana can certainly use a population increase. As you and I know not all AAs would go to Africa realistically maybe a few thousand to a hundred would actually go.

African Americans will not get what's owed. Yes the AA built the USA but it wasn't built for you. Bad schools, high incarceration rates, murders by police officers, voting laws against people of color, gentrification, high unemployment, fight for civil rights, etc etc = you will never be equal in the country your forefathers built. Your ancestors wanted to return home not stay in slavery. AA will be just like the Indians extinct (native indians are at least a protected class of people in the USA). If AAs can do more than march and protest in this day and age maybe my opinion will change. If you don't control the $$ you have 0 power = lack or respective and inequality.

Posts like this come from people who haven't studied Afram history. People like you would've argued against MLK or Huey Newton and be like "there's no hope lets go back to Africa!" Heck even Malcom X's plan for Pan-Africanism fell on death ears when he was visiting African leaders.

No duh Aframs are a disenfranchised group in USA however, until we get reparations the plan should be cutting the USA out as a middle man and receiving capital from an outside nation to develop our communities. That has happened before. Also as more Aframs migrate south more capital starts to build in places like Atlanta or Charlotte. This has happened. As for police brutality? More Aframs should be armed(which we are doing i.e Huey Newton gun club) and patrol our neighborhoods. I can go on and on and post links but I don't feel like it.

Fact is like another poster said this whole "back to Africa" thing has been said since slavery and it never worked. Botswana and Namibia even with their small populations would be hostile towards a large immigrant group migrating.

This whole Aframs must run to Africa sounds like scary negro **** tbh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2019, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeHunt82 View Post
Unless there is a serious revolution, the African American community is just doomed to become the permanent underclass... Kinda like the untouchables of India (but less extreme).

- Working class/poor AA’s will mostly continue to mate with each other and mostly produce dysfunctional kids with zero family values/structure, zero idea how to build/sustain functioning relationships, poor spending habits, toxic culture and next to nothing to inherit. The majority will definitely remain at the bottom.

- A large chunk of AA men who attain relative success and/or were raised middle class and above will continue to interracially marry other races of women at high rates. Therefore, their accumulated wealth leaves the black community.

- The AA women whom are educated/successful are tired of “dating down” or not dating at all. Since many can’t find a suitable mate in the black community, their interracial dating rates will skyrocket thus taking more wealth out of the community. There’s actually a big “level up” movement starting to pick up momentum.

- Black African/Caribbean immigrant families will replace much of the Black American middle & upper class. However, give them 2 or 3 generation and sadly; there’s a good chance of them following in AA’s footsteps since immigrant groups usually fully assimilate into their broader racial group within a few generations.

Black Americans have long been talking about moving to Africa but most of these people don’t have a plan, have zero idea of how business works (especially in volatile markets) and most have little substantial wealth for investment capital. They’re usually just talk. Even If they are lucky enough to start a profitable business then they will quickly and readily give it up to foreign Asian/Euro corporations willing to buy them out..

It’s sad. I hope somebody can prove me wrong.
Nobody needs to because this post is just silly.

Old 08-07-2019, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif662 View Post
I don't think people realized how deep seated in the US Black culture to continue speak out about leaving the country for all of it's perils & overlook the general accomplishments. The return to Africa talk been ongoing since slavery, give it a rest. Either go there or improve your home. At the end of the day the predominantly collective choses to remain here. It's home regardless of the circumstances & troubles that persist.

We're the american fruit of the african tree period. Just like the Jamaican fruit, Haitian fruit, Brazilian fruit, etc. If we wanted to leave then we would have back several gens ago and be dealing with a new set of circumstances & issues. That doesn't go away no matter where you go or if the sovereignty is predominantly of your ethnic group. People have to deal with the same/similar issues just like everywhere else.

Note: I'm not speaking out against those who do move nor view the Black ( Ados/Aframs) diaspora with any discontent. It's just a migraine now seeing the bones of a dead horse being beaten with the same old rhetoric. If you enjoy any African country enough to move permanently then all support for your success and most importantly STAY in touch.

I'm not certain i answered the OP statement in the past or if did. Yes, Pan-Africanism exist.
Agreed.

Old 08-07-2019, 04:38 PM

151 posts, read 133,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADOSwarrior View Post
Nobody needs to because this post is just silly.
So you’re just gonna sit here in denial and pretend that these well-known problems and trends don’t exist?

If this is true then it looks like it’s time to change that username of yours since a true “ADOS Warrior” would be man enough to identify what’s wrong with his community so that he could at least try to work towards improving it. A warrior doesn’t just keep his head in the sand because the truth sounds mean and scary; they OWN and ELIMINATE the problem.

I’m so sick of these so-called “Afrocentric” types who have no actual plan for improving the state of their people and who don’t actually want to do the hard and necessary work towards bettering their community that they claim to care so much about.

If simply writing off these problems as “silly” is truly your stance then you are apart of the problem and acknowledging you is a complete waste of time.

Last edited by HomeHunt82; 08-07-2019 at 04:51 PM..

Old 08-07-2019, 05:03 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,064,318 times
Adoswarrior

Not sure why you think that I don't know African history or that I would go against Mlk? MLK fought for civil rights and freedoms we enjoy today. But the outcome of the civil rights movement was desegregation which left a community without leadership and schools that are a route to jail! Malcolm X's thoughts on Pan Africanism didn't fall on deaf ears sadly many of his very points on the treatment and experience of the AA is the same now as it was when he gave his many speeches.

When you get reparations, don't hold your breathe. Just know if and when reparations are given there won't be a plan except it will boost the US economy and be spent within the same year its given with little to show. AAs spend over a trillion dollars in the USA annually and not even in the black community.

Guns are not the answer and should be obvious through recent events that it is the problem.

If you are happy to be in a country where your kids lack education because of the zip code (color) and if you get a home loan you most likely will pay more than your counterpart, where you are scared to be pulled over by the police, you are treated like a 5th class citizen, or you may not get a job because of the color of your skin because your forefathers built the country then keep up the good fight! Keep in mind that the AA is not the majority in the USA and lacks financial power. AAs can move to places like Atlanta that sounds nice but only 23% of AA own homes and is on its way to being gentrified. AAs populate 50% of Memphis how many people own homes?

Everyone shouldn't go back to Africa but it isn't a bad option. Many AAs don't go to Africa based on fear and what they don't know. Africans are very welcoming people and welcome all people that are there to improve its society it would be ideal for the Africans in the diaspora made the connection. White Americans, Europeans, Asians, etc are all in Africa so stay put if you wish but others are making $ and living a better life in Africa!

Old 08-07-2019, 06:35 PM

35,002 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Quote:
Unless there is a serious revolution, the African American community is just doomed to become the permanent underclass... Kinda like the untouchables of India (but less extreme).

- Working class/poor AA’s will mostly continue to mate with each other and mostly produce dysfunctional kids with zero family values/structure, zero idea how to build/sustain functioning relationships, poor spending habits, toxic culture and next to nothing to inherit. The majority will definitely remain at the bottom.

- A large chunk of AA men who attain relative success and/or were raised middle class and above will continue to interracially marry other races of women at high rates. Therefore, their accumulated wealth leaves the black community.

- The AA women whom are educated/successful are tired of “dating down” or not dating at all. Since many can’t find a suitable mate in the black community, their interracial dating rates will skyrocket thus taking more wealth out of the community. There’s actually a big “level up” movement starting to pick up momentum.

- Black African/Caribbean immigrant families will replace much of the Black American middle & upper class. However, give them 2 or 3 generation and sadly; there’s a good chance of them following in AA’s footsteps since immigrant groups usually fully assimilate into their broader racial group within a few generations.

Black Americans have long been talking about moving to Africa but most of these people don’t have a plan, have zero idea of how business works (especially in volatile markets) and most have little substantial wealth for investment capital. They’re usually just talk. Even If they are lucky enough to start a profitable business then they will quickly and readily give it up to foreign Asian/Euro corporations willing to buy them out..

Unholiness are you fill with pessimistic viewpoints and I'll get back to you later.
The AA community must get a grip on itself and develop a value for education and family.

Old 08-08-2019, 12:07 PM

2,648 posts, read 2,092,306 times
Quote:
That's an incredibly insensitive and obsured statement to blanket over millions of lives whose outcome in their life will be shape by a mass multitude of decisions & events completely unaware to you, me, & others. This alone makes me wonder of your psyche & background to unjustly sum up entire social class of people. Please don't start mentioning mainstream media, entertainment, hip hop, etc. Everyday working class/poor Black people in the real world don't adhere to your predisposed predicament

Quote:
Your speaking on a relative small portion of those married Black men and it's known that Blacks are vastly married to Black woman. There's no correlation to those Black men who married outside their ethnicity tied to the wealth of the Black community.

Quote:
Check the post above and apply it to Black women. Trends comes & go of this nature including the " Level Up" movement. Simply put it will still be a small portion overall and don't put too much weights into it.

Quote:

The entire Afro American middle class alone is larger than both of the middle classes of Carribeans & African immigrant communities and it's bound to be mixing of the 2 communities. But not heavy replacement on both sides due to certain cultures keeping to themselves. Your making baseless claims.

Quote:
I literally stated in a previous post, There's Black american owned businesses in Kenya, South Africa, & Ghana. Additionally there's a community of 3K of so Aframs in Accra and few hundred in other West African countries. So obviously your not that aware of that diaspora( like so many on here).
Quote:

Deep dive into other outlets for yourself. Peace.

Old 08-08-2019, 12:33 PM

2,648 posts, read 2,092,306 times
Quote:
Sharif662

Police brutality happens everywhere. But outside of the USA it is less likely and in Africa it isn't because of your race! Where in Africa do you see unarmed black men being shot like 20 times? Where in Africa do police officers get bonuses and early retirement for killing people? The scale of police brutality is significantly in the USA and differs from the rest of the world.

Most of the AAs I've encountered have 0 ambition to visit the continent and still think people are living in huts. If anything I've met more more white people that have already been to the continent and can't wait to go back. The AAs in Ghana make up less than 1% of AAs in the USA and I wouldn't use them as a baramatour to say black people want to visit Africa. Many black people want to travel but don't for many reasons one being fear but if you can afford the new hand bag, hair, or the latest sneakers and or take a trip to the Dominican Republic or Mexico they can afford to go to Africa too! If people don't want to go then they don't want to go. Most Africans also don't travel to neighboring countries so I guess it is an inherited trait.

Also Homehunt82 brought up good points I don't view them as pessimistic just reality.
Police brutality occur in Africa we both know that and there's as much ethnic discrimination to go around similar to rascism. It's that your only motive to move out then so be it.

I'm using the ones in Ghana as proof of a development of our diaspora and there's many fb groups like AA travelers ( 70K members & including myself) that have express interest in traveling to Africa & additional many have done so. As i stated, there are just as MANY not interested for a variety reasons ( more so than stereotypical materialistic spending). It's not inherited trait just variety of situations & viewpoints.

Where are you living in Africa? Or when?

Old 08-08-2019, 12:48 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Adoswarrior

Not sure why you think that I don't know African history or that I would go against Mlk? MLK fought for civil rights and freedoms we enjoy today. But the outcome of the civil rights movement was desegregation which left a community without leadership and schools that are a route to jail! Malcolm X's thoughts on Pan Africanism didn't fall on deaf ears sadly many of his very points on the treatment and experience of the AA is the same now as it was when he gave his many speeches.

When you get reparations, don't hold your breathe. Just know if and when reparations are given there won't be a plan except it will boost the US economy and be spent within the same year its given with little to show. AAs spend over a trillion dollars in the USA annually and not even in the black community.

Guns are not the answer and should be obvious through recent events that it is the problem.

If you are happy to be in a country where your kids lack education because of the zip code (color) and if you get a home loan you most likely will pay more than your counterpart, where you are scared to be pulled over by the police, you are treated like a 5th class citizen, or you may not get a job because of the color of your skin because your forefathers built the country then keep up the good fight! Keep in mind that the AA is not the majority in the USA and lacks financial power. AAs can move to places like Atlanta that sounds nice but only 23% of AA own homes and is on its way to being gentrified. AAs populate 50% of Memphis how many people own homes?

Everyone shouldn't go back to Africa but it isn't a bad option. Many AAs don't go to Africa based on fear and what they don't know. Africans are very welcoming people and welcome all people that are there to improve its society it would be ideal for the Africans in the diaspora made the connection. White Americans, Europeans, Asians, etc are all in Africa so stay put if you wish but others are making $ and living a better life in Africa!
It´s a very good option for some people. A year ago Ghana already had 5000 Americans who had moved back.

It is good that African Americans have this option and that some people are exploring it.

Old 08-08-2019, 12:50 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Police brutality occur in Africa we both know that and there's as much ethnic discrimination to go around similar to rascism. It's that your only motive to move out then so be it.

I'm using the ones in Ghana as proof of a development of our diaspora and there's many fb groups like AA travelers ( 70K members & including myself) that have express interest in traveling to Africa & additional many have done so. As i stated, there are just as MANY not interested for a variety reasons ( more so than stereotypical materialistic spending). It's not inherited trait just variety of situations & viewpoints.

Where are you living in Africa? Or when?
Of course there are a lot of articles on Americans of all races leaving the country and get citizenships in nations that they are ancestrally tied too. African Americans are no different. One has to have money and no major criminal background to immigrate.

But for people with the means and the interest, recent events are certainly a push.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa