U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2019, 01:27 PM

3,151 posts, read 6,859,140 times

Advertisements

Sharif662

Police brutality based on race doesn't occur in Africa (although during apartheid this was an issue in SA) . For the most part people in Africa get arrested for political reasons rather than race. Ethnic/tribalism is not the same as racial discrimination it just isn't. Please tell me where in Africa do police officers have the right to kill unarmed men, for it to be seen on TV, not be convicted of a crime then either be able to keep their job and or be given bonuses north of $1M. Just recently an officer was ready to shoot an entire family over a $1 dollar where in Africa does this happen? How many AA people are in jail in the USA?

Of course there are some AAs that want to travel and even to Africa but it is not the norm. If it was you would have seen an influx of AAs that travel in general. There are several reports on this to prove my point and this isn't a stereotype. Of Americans only 40% hold passports, 64% of Americans have never left the USA, only 5% of Americans travel outside the USA annually, only 3% of Americans visit Africa, how many of these people are AAs as opposed to them being Africans going back to visit home? Just because you have a FB group please don't think the majority of AAs are traveling.

Discrimination is top on the list of reasons why any person of color should not move to the USA and or should leave it. I've stated many reasons why one should reconsider Africa but frankly it comes down to peace of mind, standard of living, legacy building, and economics. There aren't many black owned banks or schools in the USA in Africa there is home ownership, black schools, banks, buses, airlines, hotels, people help each other out and not just talk about.

More simply put, AAs have been fighting for equality since arrival into the USA when will you be equal? You won't be! The system has been designed to keep you where you are at if not worse off!

Last edited by bayarea-girl; 08-08-2019 at 01:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2019, 01:40 PM

16,152 posts, read 6,376,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif662 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeHunt82 View Post
- Working class/poor AA’s will mostly continue to mate with each other and mostly produce dysfunctional kids with zero family values/structure, zero idea how to build/sustain functioning relationships, poor spending habits, toxic culture and next to nothing to inherit. The majority will definitely remain at the bottom.
That's an incredibly insensitive and obsured statement to blanket over millions of lives whose outcome in their life will be shape by a mass multitude of decisions & events completely unaware to you, me, & others. This alone makes me wonder of your psyche & background to unjustly sum up entire social class of people. Please don't start mentioning mainstream media, entertainment, hip hop, etc. Everyday working class/poor Black people in the real world don't adhere to your predisposed predicament
I think HomeHunt82 could have chosen better language. Humans should not be referred to as "mating." That is dehumanizing and despicable terminology.

Put in correct language however African Americans have allowed their family values to degenerate. There needs to be a revival of interest in the community, in marriage and constructive activity. Everyone would benefit, including young men in needless and often deadly confrontation with lawful authority.

Old 08-08-2019, 01:47 PM

NyWriterdude

Many people do well in Africa. It would be nice to know just how many people have left the USA I have very rough numbers. People really need to understand the country they are interested in migrating to as certain things they would not be able to put up with in addition I often find that people are moving with little to no $$$. Moving to Africa isn't impossible it just takes the proper planning and relationships (visiting is much different than living). It always surprises me how many non-black foreigners have relocated to the continent and many proud to say they are African. In addition many expats homeschool their kids (but I guess this speaks to economics), but then again I also know people from Africa that send their kids to boarding schools outside of Africa after a certain age.

Have you ever wondered why they African or Afro-Caribbean person can do well in the USA then go back home and do even better as opposed to our cousins in the states?

As Akon said whatever you are doing in the USA do it in Africa.

Old 08-08-2019, 04:08 PM

1,127 posts, read 665,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Of course there are a lot of articles on Americans of all races leaving the country and get citizenships in nations that they are ancestrally tied too. African Americans are no different. One has to have money and no major criminal background to immigrate.

But for people with the means and the interest, recent events are certainly a push.
Recents events are to some people but the vast majority it's just another day in this country. This is ongoing for generations and it's not going to end. We know this and don't let it stop us from achieving success in the present.

Old 08-08-2019, 06:46 PM

1,127 posts, read 665,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
Sharif662

Police brutality based on race doesn't occur in Africa (although during apartheid this was an issue in SA) . For the most part people in Africa get arrested for political reasons rather than race. Ethnic/tribalism is not the same as racial discrimination it just isn't. Please tell me where in Africa do police officers have the right to kill unarmed men, for it to be seen on TV, not be convicted of a crime then either be able to keep their job and or be given bonuses north of $1M. Just recently an officer was ready to shoot an entire family over a $1 dollar where in Africa does this happen? How many AA people are in jail in the USA?

Of course there are some AAs that want to travel and even to Africa but it is not the norm. If it was you would have seen an influx of AAs that travel in general. There are several reports on this to prove my point and this isn't a stereotype. Of Americans only 40% hold passports, 64% of Americans have never left the USA, only 5% of Americans travel outside the USA annually, only 3% of Americans visit Africa, how many of these people are AAs as opposed to them being Africans going back to visit home? Just because you have a FB group please don't think the majority of AAs are traveling.

Discrimination is top on the list of reasons why any person of color should not move to the USA and or should leave it. I've stated many reasons why one should reconsider Africa but frankly it comes down to peace of mind, standard of living, legacy building, and economics. There aren't many black owned banks or schools in the USA in Africa there is home ownership, black schools, banks, buses, airlines, hotels, people help each other out and not just talk about.

More simply put, AAs have been fighting for equality since arrival into the USA when will you be equal? You won't be! The system has been designed to keep you where you are at if not worse off!
Simply put your prime motivation to move is rascism period. You beat around the bush on a few direct questions and coming off suspect. At the end of the day find your place in this world. Peace.

Old 08-08-2019, 08:04 PM

Shariff662,

You didn't ask a direct question on the contrary you didn't answer any question I posed. You don't have a plan for building wealth but want to stay because your ancestors built the country. Actually, I've been very direct. Understand and ask yourself the following, did your enslaved ancestors draft the US constitution did they have a choice in picking out even the colors of the flag or stars? What part did your ancestors have in creating any part of the US anthem, was that song made with you in mind? When black people build wealth it gets taken away just ask Bill Cosby or Wesley Snipes, they got their wake up call and so will Tyler Perry. Many like Harvey Weinstein are living comfortably. Tyler Perry makes his $$ wearing a dress at the detriment of the black people, where has he spent his $$$? You have black women on TV looking like fools to make $$ is it going to the black community? NO! Oprah she puts a lot of her $ in Africa! Bill Cosby at least gave his $ to colleges yet he is in jail without one shred of evidence. AAs can entertain but still don't control the media!

America abuses you and many AAs keep taking the abuse, simply the AA is in an abusive relationship with its oppressor. You are not the majority in the country you fight to stay in but the minority and a minority that controls NOTHING. As a collective AAs aren't thriving. Realize that Harriet Tubman couldn't free all the slaves, because of the slave mentality which is still alive today! There have been black wall streets, what happened to them all burnt to the ground! There have been people of color in legislative branches after the civil war, what happened to them, they were lynched! Many AAs fought in US wars for a country that didn't recognize them as human what happened to those men of service do they have monuments dedicated to them? No they were experimented on, eyes taken out, castrated, lynched, and sadly monuments were built for white supremacist. Your justice system is built to keep AAs in for life and only benefits two groups of people, the haves and the white people! There is no logic to this form of abuse!

Black people are the chosen people and once you come to the realization that things are cyclical and that you can't hate the tree and love the root your mind might be a bit more open minded and freer mentally
and understand what the real focus should be! AAs and Africa need each other!

Again, Africa is not for everybody and has its share of problems and if you want to stay - stay and peace be unto you as well! But many people of color should exercise their options in going to places where they are valued. Africa is growing, don't show up the party late! I know my place in the world darling, wake up to reality!

Last edited by bayarea-girl; 08-08-2019 at 09:27 PM..

Old 08-08-2019, 11:40 PM

24,336 posts, read 17,769,290 times
Quote:
Recents events are to some people but the vast majority it's just another day in this country. This is ongoing for generations and it's not going to end. We know this and don't let it stop us from achieving success in the present.
9 million Americans were already living overseas. That´s a statistically significant number. Americans in statistically significant numbers are getting citizenships overseas for a variety of reasons.

Old 08-08-2019, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Simply put your prime motivation to move is rascism period. You beat around the bush on a few direct questions and coming off suspect. At the end of the day find your place in this world. Peace.
She or anyone else can move for whatever reason they want to. It´s not like anyone needs your personal approval.

Old 08-08-2019, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
Shariff662,

You didn't ask a direct question on the contrary you didn't answer any question I posed. You don't have a plan for building wealth but want to stay because your ancestors built the country. Actually, I've been very direct. Understand and ask yourself the following, did your enslaved ancestors draft the US constitution did they have a choice in picking out even the colors of the flag or stars? What part did your ancestors have in creating any part of the US anthem, was that song made with you in mind? When black people build wealth it gets taken away just ask Bill Cosby or Wesley Snipes, they got their wake up call and so will Tyler Perry. Many like Harvey Weinstein are living comfortably. Tyler Perry makes his $$ wearing a dress at the detriment of the black people, where has he spent his $$$? You have black women on TV looking like fools to make $$ is it going to the black community? NO! Oprah she puts a lot of her $ in Africa! Bill Cosby at least gave his $ to colleges yet he is in jail without one shred of evidence. AAs can entertain but still don't control the media!

America abuses you and many AAs keep taking the abuse, simply the AA is in an abusive relationship with its oppressor. You are not the majority in the country you fight to stay in but the minority and a minority that controls NOTHING. As a collective AAs aren't thriving. Realize that Harriet Tubman couldn't free all the slaves, because of the slave mentality which is still alive today! There have been black wall streets, what happened to them all burnt to the ground! There have been people of color in legislative branches after the civil war, what happened to them, they were lynched! Many AAs fought in US wars for a country that didn't recognize them as human what happened to those men of service do they have monuments dedicated to them? No they were experimented on, eyes taken out, castrated, lynched, and sadly monuments were built for white supremacist. Your justice system is built to keep AAs in for life and only benefits two groups of people, the haves and the white people! There is no logic to this form of abuse!

Black people are the chosen people and once you come to the realization that things are cyclical and that you can't hate the tree and love the root your mind might be a bit more open minded and freer mentally
and understand what the real focus should be! AAs and Africa need each other!

Again, Africa is not for everybody and has its share of problems and if you want to stay - stay and peace be unto you as well! But many people of color should exercise their options in going to places where they are valued. Africa is growing, don't show up the party late! I know my place in the world darling, wake up to reality!
I definitely think that the relationship that Black Americans have to White Americans/the US is an abusive relationship and just like any abusive relationship people are shocked when the victim decides to move elsewhere.

Old 08-09-2019, 02:44 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_diaspora

9 million Americans living overseas as of 2016.

You’ve long had white Americans move overseas to study abroad or for work purposes. Plus since many white Americans are comparatively recent arrivals, many can get dual citizenship in their countries of origin. Of course this is true of recent immigrants as well from Latin America, Africa, or Asian.

What’s newer is Black People studying abroad or getting work visas. Or Ghana giving descendants of slaves citizenship. African Americans with European descent, depending on how recent and on the nation can get European citizenships too. Someone with an Italian great great grandfather can get Italian citizenship. I got Spanish citizenship because of my 4th great grandfather, a Jewish plantation owner who owned my 4th great grandfather.

So know your family history and know who you are and you will have options. It would be the ultimate marginalization of African Americans for us not to be aware of citizenship and visa options, when other groups are. This affects business opportunities, educational opportunities, and healthcare opportunities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or