U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-09-2019, 01:59 PM
 
70 posts, read 6,705 times
Reputation: 33

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeHunt82 View Post
So you’re just gonna sit here in denial and pretend that these well-known problems and trends don’t exist?
Of course there are issues and Aframs are a disenfranchised group but most you say is babble. Have you traveled throughout the USA where Aframs communities exist? While there are many Afram communities like Flint sadly there are however many like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgZvdl5qE58

Instead of whining how about you actually DO SOMETHING. Like I said most of what you said is babble. Just like middle class Black men dating out in large numbers.

Lastly your comment on Africans/Caribbeans "replacing" us is even more silly when:
1. The Afram Middle class is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay larger than both the African and Caribbean class in RAW NUMBERS and not silly ass percentage.

2. The Caribbean and African population is probably no more than 5 million.

Quote:
Black men drop black women as soon as they reach a certain level of success, don’t they? While plenty of rap stars, athletes and musicians may choose to date or marry interracially when they achieve fame, the same is not true for the bulk of successful black men. By analyzing census data, Toldson and Marks found that 83 percent of married black men who earned at least $100,000 annually got hitched to black women.

The same is the case for educated black men of all incomes. Eighty-five percent of black male college graduates married black women. Generally, 88 percent of married black men (no matter their income or educational background) have black wives. This means that interracial marriage should not be held responsible for the singleness of black women.
https://www.thoughtco.com/the-top-my...rriage-2834526



Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeHunt82 View Post
If this is true then it looks like it’s time to change that username of yours since a true “ADOS Warrior” would be man enough to identify what’s wrong with his community so that he could at least try to work towards improving it. A warrior doesn’t just keep his head in the sand because the truth sounds mean and scary; they OWN and ELIMINATE the problem.
Don't you DARE talk about who's scared or not man of enough. I actually do work in my community and trying to get together with other Black's who are into RE to get something popping off. Negro, your posts sounds like beta male sh*t. People like YOU are the reason why Aframs are in our situation. You always talk about the problems but never no objective.

My objective is that until we get reparations Aframs should migrate to the South(which we are doing) and start investing in cheap properties there and making it our home base. Heck the South like GA and NC already have high black homeowners. We also need to dominate the political landscape of that region.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeHunt82 View Post

I’m so sick of these so-called “Afrocentric” types who have no actual plan for improving the state of their people and who don’t actually want to do the hard and necessary work towards bettering their community that they claim to care so much about.
If you think I'm an "afrocentric" then you got another thing coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeHunt82 View Post

If simply writing off these problems as “silly” is truly your stance then you are apart of the problem and acknowledging you is a complete waste of time.
I already showed how your post was silly. Especially this crap.
"- The AA women whom are educated/successful are tired of “dating down” or not dating at all. Since many can’t find a suitable mate in the black community, their interracial dating rates will skyrocket thus taking more wealth out of the community. There’s actually a big “level up” movement starting to pick up momentum. "

Interracial dating is down among BOTH genders. Afram women date out the LEAST compared to any group of women. This is backed by solid fact data and not those silly TheRoot.com feminazi articles. Its only foreign Black women who date out the most. No you're the problem because people like you never offer solutions but complain.

Last edited by ADOSwarrior; 08-09-2019 at 02:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-09-2019, 02:17 PM
 
70 posts, read 6,705 times
Reputation: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
Adoswarrior

Not sure why you think that I don't know African history or that I would go against Mlk? MLK fought for civil rights and freedoms we enjoy today. But the outcome of the civil rights movement was desegregation which left a community without leadership and schools that are a route to jail! Malcolm X's thoughts on Pan Africanism didn't fall on deaf ears sadly many of his very points on the treatment and experience of the AA is the same now as it was when he gave his many speeches.
MLK didn't even get to finish his REAL plan which was the "poor people campaign" before he was killed. I don't agree with much of the Civil Rights era but fact is since then Blacks are not as improvised as they are now. Look up stats of the Black poverty rate before and after the civil rights movement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
When you get reparations, don't hold your breathe. Just know if and when reparations are given there won't be a plan except it will boost the US economy and be spent within the same year its given with little to show. AAs spend over a trillion dollars in the USA annually and not even in the black community.
This whole "trillion dollar" spending power thing is a myth. Even if Blacks spend in the community the capital we have is tiny. Either way things like this happen.
Black-Owned Businesses Contribute About $44 Billion to N.C. Economy
https://www.wral.com/news/local/story/2039284/

This whole myth that Aframs are the only one who spends outside their communities is so exaggerated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post


Guns are not the answer and should be obvious through recent events that it is the problem.
You most likely not Afram(no offense). Guns have always been used as a way to defend ourselves. Even today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7XKw_cLTYs


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5_8WjNf4GI

The problem is ILLEGAL guns which get into the hands of these gang members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post

If you are happy to be in a country where your kids lack education because of the zip code (color) and if you get a home loan you most likely will pay more than your counterpart, where you are scared to be pulled over by the police, you are treated like a 5th class citizen, or you may not get a job because of the color of your skin because your forefathers built the country then keep up the good fight! Keep in mind that the AA is not the majority in the USA and lacks financial power. AAs can move to places like Atlanta that sounds nice but only 23% of AA own homes and is on its way to being gentrified. AAs populate 50% of Memphis how many people own homes?
Yet graduation rates among Blacks are rising? lol. And all major cities are getting gentrified. As for Atlanta you clearly never been there because its mainly rich BLACKS doing the gentrifying. More importantly when people talk about Atlanta they don't just mean the city which is tiny af and smaller than Brooklyn but the ATL metro which has a lot of Black homeowners.

I don't know what your agenda is but I'm NOT leaving my FIGHT to flee to some other country. I'm sorry. I'm willing to work with Africans and Aframs be a satellite and recieve capital from African countries via business like what happened here.
https://atlantablackstar.com/2016/06...p-one-another/

But we are not fleeing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post

Everyone shouldn't go back to Africa but it isn't a bad option. Many AAs don't go to Africa based on fear and what they don't know. Africans are very welcoming people and welcome all people that are there to improve its society it would be ideal for the Africans in the diaspora made the connection. White Americans, Europeans, Asians, etc are all in Africa so stay put if you wish but others are making $ and living a better life in Africa!
Aframs don't go to Africa because its so damn expensive and most don't have the capital for it. Its the same reason I haven't been back and I do want to return. Yes, I know Africans(in Africa) are very welcoming but you make this situation sound less complex than it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2019, 03:18 PM
 
3,155 posts, read 6,861,051 times
Reputation: 1564
ADOSwarrior,

No offense but you come across as being very defensive but I'll look at it as passionate. The agenda is we are on a public forum discussing pan africanism and our opinions differ. I do believe that black people should look into moving to the continent of Africa and or any place where they are valued. If your position is that African Americans should stay in the USA and build up communities there is nothing wrong with it and if others like myself think that people should move abroad there shouldn't be a problem with it either.

In the article of a black owned business it states that AAs contribute $44B to the NC economy not to the AA community there is a difference and speaks to my point. The coffee store that was featured is now out of business, that is due to gentrification. New owners (developers came in and have a different plan). The owner of the business didn't own the property and couldn't afford the excess rent.

Poverty rates for all Americans improved since the Civil Rights movement but AAs have the highest incarceration rate, are being killed at an alarming rate, are becoming homeless faster, suffer from mental illness (IMO PTSD), have to ask white people for jobs, and statistically speaking are not thriving. That is not to say that there aren't AAs who are successful sadly successful AAs is not the norm, Africans that come to the USA have been more successful and I believe skew the stats a bit. AAs don't spend money in their communities. This is not a myth and it is not a myth about how much AAs spend annually.

No I don't believe in people having guns that aren't in the military. But if that is what your belief is that is your belief.

I've lived in Atlanta before and know it very well, I know it before the Olympics when people were still burning crosses on lawns. AAs own only 25% of homes and no, people aren't wealthy in Atlanta. It doesn't mean that people aren't making money but how many AAs in Atlanta are wealthy, its not all the black people in Atlanta? Atlanta's AA community does better at spending within their community and there are many examples of AAs in all areas of business, education, and the medical field. But Atlanta is not the rest of the USA. In addition, who controls the politics of GA? It is still and will always be a red state. What is the experience of AAs throughout the rest of the USA? I mentioned Memphis previously you had no response, what about Baltimore, DC, Oakland, LA, etc?
https://atlanta.curbed.com/2019/6/11...-homeownership

Africa isn't as expensive as you think it may be. African Americans don't travel to Africa because they don't want to, the thought has never crossed their mind, they still think people live in huts, and don't identify with Africa, etc. AAs can afford Africa if they want to be there! I see more AAs going to the Caribbean, Europe, the Dominican Republic or even Brazil than Africa

Am not sure how I've been complex in saying that Africans are very welcoming? When Africans come to the USA many AAs pay no attention to them. When AAs go to Africa there is a warm welcome and an effort to make your stay nice. Again, the USA was not intended for you! Give yourself time and experience and you will come to understand what I mean!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2019, 03:50 PM
 
70 posts, read 6,705 times
Reputation: 33
I don't know what more I can tell you. Aframs are NOT the fleeing type. We will remain here until the battle is over. We could've fled during the 60s and 70s but we didn't.

And WTH are you even talking about? They go to those countries because they are LESS expensive than Africa and require no visas. Only Brasil is expensive and not that many AAs even go there contrary to popular belief. You clearly never traveled like that overseas. Yes the f*ck Africa IS expensive. A freaking Angolan visa is freaking $200 alone. A freaking Tanzania visa is $100 alone and I want to go to that country. And what the hell? There are plenty of AAs who go to Africa and even live there. However, the majority of AAs can't even afford to move to another country whether it be Africa, the Caribbean, Latin America or Europe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2019, 04:12 PM
 
3,155 posts, read 6,861,051 times
Reputation: 1564
ADOSWarrior,

If your perspective is that Africans need to flee (runaway) that is the wrong mindset. When white people travel abroad or move to other countries are they running away or are they trying to better their lives? Most Africans came to the USA in the 50's & 60's to the USA to study!

Most AAs don't travel PERIOD! Africa is not on their mind so they couldn't tell you how much a visa costs let alone how much a passport cost. Going to Africa should be a priority and its not! AAs spend money on many things and can afford to put the African vacation on the credit card too! The Americans that are going to Africa tend to be white if not originally from Africa. The Angola visa is not reflective of all African countries. You do understand that there are costs to traveling you fit it into your budget, there is no such thing as traveling for free. Once you are in Africa it is extremely affordable and less expensive if you know people! Do you think it is cheap for Africans to move to the USA or Europe! If you think it costs them nothing you are very mistaken!

I've seen AAs move to Africa with little to no money which I don't suggest but if people want to move to Africa they should move without judgement!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2019, 05:16 PM
 
Location: New York Area
16,176 posts, read 6,385,881 times
Reputation: 12522
This thread has degenerated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2019, 02:31 AM
 
24,340 posts, read 17,780,936 times
Reputation: 9212
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADOSwarrior View Post
I don't know what more I can tell you. Aframs are NOT the fleeing type. We will remain here until the battle is over. We could've fled during the 60s and 70s but we didn't.

And WTH are you even talking about? They go to those countries because they are LESS expensive than Africa and require no visas. Only Brasil is expensive and not that many AAs even go there contrary to popular belief. You clearly never traveled like that overseas. Yes the f*ck Africa IS expensive. A freaking Angolan visa is freaking $200 alone. A freaking Tanzania visa is $100 alone and I want to go to that country. And what the hell? There are plenty of AAs who go to Africa and even live there. However, the majority of AAs can't even afford to move to another country whether it be Africa, the Caribbean, Latin America or Europe.
Black people are not the borg. Please speak for yourself.
https://face2faceafrica.com/article/...in-ghana-video

https://www.news24.com/Africa/News/g...-home-20190116

Black people can and move wherever they want to. Itīs up to the individual.
https://www.voice-online.co.uk/artic...fricans-europe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2019, 03:38 AM
 
70 posts, read 6,705 times
Reputation: 33
Yea because a few African-Americans with money in Ghana are suppose to represent a population of 40 million who's wealth is on its way to zero.
https://www.theguardian.com/inequali...rns-new-report

Do you guy's hear yall selves? And what do you mean "borg?" You guy's can run to Africa I'm going to make sure my kids and their kids have a future.

Edit: Have any of you been to Africa? I have and had people I know live there. Assimilating is not some cookie cutter thing the rest of yall are making it out to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2019, 06:25 AM
 
24,340 posts, read 17,780,936 times
Reputation: 9212
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADOSwarrior View Post
Yea because a few African-Americans with money in Ghana are suppose to represent a population of 40 million who's wealth is on its way to zero.
https://www.theguardian.com/inequali...rns-new-report

Do you guy's hear yall selves? And what do you mean "borg?" You guy's can run to Africa I'm going to make sure my kids and their kids have a future.

Edit: Have any of you been to Africa? I have and had people I know live there. Assimilating is not some cookie cutter thing the rest of yall are making it out to be.
I have not been to Africa. I do live in Spain and gained Spanish citizenship via a 4th great grandfather who was Sephardic Jewish.

So I have two years worth of experience as an immigrant.

African Americans, like other Americans do leave the US for whatever reason. Itís clearly an individual choice.

My issue with you is describe African Americans as a collective with no individual thoughts. I act out for what is my best personal interest, and Iím not mentally linked to every other African American. I do know African Americans who have lived in Africa long term. The ones I know liked it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2019, 06:26 AM
 
24,340 posts, read 17,780,936 times
Reputation: 9212
I think that people have difficulty with the concept of African Americans being able to have any sort of agency abd being able to live where the individual wants to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top