U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2016, 06:49 AM

25 posts, read 17,731 times

Advertisements

There's nothing wrong with pan-Africanism, even though I dont agree with every aspect of it. You got to remember that African-Americans were forced into Christianity during the slave era and African-Americans knows this! Therefore this caused African-Americans to seek the spirituality of their forefathers and foremothers. This is not a delusional fantasy; this is just a sister connecting to her roots that was lost due the dark history African-Americans share in this country. I dont necessarily agree with pan-Africanism, I'm a Moslem man, but then again I dont judge neither so whatever makes people better as a person mentally, physically and spiritually I'm all for it

There is nothing wrong with pan-Africanism. Pan-Africanism is a mixture of African spirituality, specifically west African, and its also a movement for African-American equality and community development. Pan-Africanism is a worldwide African movement based on unity, economic, social and political progress that's aimed towards unifying and uplifting people of African descent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2016, 07:07 AM
AFP AFP started this thread

6,898 posts, read 4,234,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOORISH-AMERICAN View Post
This is misinformation. How can millions upon millions of people would not be alive today if history was different, when there were millions upon millions of people who lost their lives as a result of the Trans-Atlantic? And not all African-Americans have 20% European DNA! There's a lot of African-Americans who have far less than that. An African-American having 20% European DNA is not a good thing neither and I dont mean that in a racist way, but its how they got that 20%!
Nope it isn't misinformation think about it, I am not talking about the people from the past I talking about people currently living. It takes every single of one's ancestors to create a person and the history has shaped who procreated with who. By the simple fact that the vast majority of black people in the new world are admixed that is self evident evidence that supports my point. Read my post more carefully the 20% is an average.

By the way I have never comes across anyone from Morocco who had the slightest interest in the Trans-Atlantic slave trade.

Old 01-05-2016, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Nope it isn't misinformation think about it, I am not talking about the people from the past I talking about people currently living. It takes every single of one's ancestors to create a person and the history has shaped who procreated with who. By the simple fact that the vast majority of black people in the new world are admixed that is self evident evidence that supports my point. Read my post more carefully the 20% is an average.

By the way I have never comes across anyone from Morocco who had the slightest interest in the Trans-Atlantic slave trade.
Being admixed does not make you not African or what you would call Negro. You're acting like African-Americans are walking around looking like Latinos or something! If the slave trade never happened then the people that you know as African-Americans would just be in their respective homelands, whether it was Africa or even America, just without the white supremacy.

And what do you mean by your last statement?

Old 01-05-2016, 08:50 AM

@ Moorish-American the people currenty walking around that call themselves African-American had their African ancestors remained in Africa simply would not exist certain tribes in West Africa likely would be more numerous but no-one of African-American ancestry would have been born. I would disagree and would state African-Americans are not African just as European-Americans are not European culturally. I made no mention in regards to appearance.

In regards to the second statement why call yourself Moorish-American there isn't anything Moorish about you that was evident when I read your first three words.

Old 01-05-2016, 09:48 AM

Quote:
@ Moorish-American the people currenty walking around that call themselves African-American had their African ancestors remained in Africa simply would not exist certain tribes in West Africa likely would be more numerous but no-one of African-American ancestry would have been born. I would disagree and would state African-Americans are not African just as European-Americans are not European culturally. I made no mention in regards to appearance.

In regards to the second statement why call yourself Moorish-American there isn't anything Moorish about you that was evident when I read your first three words.

How can you say "African-Americans are not Africans just as European-Americans are not Europeans CULTURALLY." Do you see how ignorant you sound right now! You're acting as if being "American" is a race when its NOT, being American is a nationality which is no different from me calling myself a Nigerian! African and European is where our ancestry dates back to which is a big difference. Therefore a European-American is really European and an African-American is indeed African! You're talking about "culturally" when yes culture can divide people but that dont mean you're not those specific people. For example: African-Americans up North are culturally different from African-Americans down South but they are still the same people. So whats the difference between European-Americans and Europeans and African-Americans and Africa? They are all the same despite cultural differences.

And about that Trans Atlantic situation, I'm a forget you even said what you said because its sounds like you're trying to find a way to justify the slave trade (not saying your intent was to offend anyone) but that's just how you came off. African-American ancestry is African ancestry. Yes, you have European blood mixed in African-American blood but the African DNA outnumbers it significantly; you got Caucasians with African blood but they're still Caucasian at the end of the day!

And explain to me how nothing is Moorish about me!

P.S: Please dont get embarrass

Old 01-05-2016, 10:04 AM

@Moorish-American I don't get embarrassed lol I'll have a conversation with you when I'm more certain you're not a troll. What part of Morocco are you from. I have work to do right now will respond later. If you're truely are Moroccan that might be an interesting conversation.

Old 01-05-2016, 10:08 AM

@Supermegaman come on you know I wasn't suggesting such a thing. If you thought so you missed the point.

Old 01-05-2016, 10:20 AM

You can call yourself anything you want supermegaman what matters is how you see yourself but I consider you to be a real American not an African. I also have worked with and had conversations with many African doctor's and PA's and they don't consider African-Americans to be African.

Old 01-05-2016, 10:26 AM

Quote:
@Moorish-American I don't get embarrassed lol I'll have a conversation with you when I'm more certain you're not a troll. What part of Morocco are you from. I have work to do right now will respond later. If you're truely are Moroccan that might be an interesting conversation.
Islam, I'm definitely not a troll, and I am not from Morocco I am a Moor (Moslem of West Africa) and I go by the understanding and teachings of the honorable prophet Noble Drew Ali of the Moorish Science Temple of America. I am not in for any games or any "trolling!" So lets start this demonstration as soon as possible!

Old 01-05-2016, 10:38 AM

@Supermegaman if you have no interest in my opinion you can choose to ignore my posts no problem. But anyway I find this discussion interesting very touchy but nonetheless informative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or