U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-19-2019, 12:32 PM
 
150 posts, read 38,237 times
Reputation: 104

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADOSwarrior View Post
You see this is why its worthless debating with you. Throughout my post I said many times that West Africans from the Sahel have been able to influence the culture of AAs due to the banning of the drums of coastal West Africans. Not that the majority of AAs are of West African Sahelians. I've said many times for example that the majority of Afro-Brazilians are Angolan but Yoruba influenced their culture the most.

And your source are old as ****. The sources I posted are recent and most put the Muslim slaves at 30%.



https://www.theroot.com/african-slav...ame-1790876253

As for questions like this "Where are published books by Southern Blacks claiming that the Fulani were a primary cultural influence."

I'm no longer doing your homework for you. Go back to the many sources I posted that you ignored. Anyways, I'm finished with this "debate" if you wanna call it that.
This is the kinds of lies you like to spread, there is no way 30% of the Slaves were Muslim, not even the the Sahel ever was a 30% Muslim population at that time, THE ELITE was Muslim. A Muslim minority ruled the people. The amount of Muslims that actually were sent to the Americas was pretty small, in the single digits. but you insist in spreading this nonsense. If we consider that less than 400k slaves were send to the US, how many people are we taking about ? a couple thousands over a period of 200 years scattered over 1 million square miles of the American south. Do you see now the idiocy of your argument?
So if the bulk of the African Americans descend from Yoruba, and such tribes, why haven't traditionally African Americans tried to reconnect with that heritage and insist in hooking themselves to other cultures like Muslim, Jews, Egyptians and all that other nonsense? creating a false narrative to bypass the bulk of the true heritage.

I already told you why.

ADOS is an american nativist movement that pretends to drive a wedge of division among the diaspora and Africans. Specially because as I said, deep inside they reject Africa and its true culture. And pretend to create this false narrative based of half cooked "facts". The traumas of slavery lead them to rationalized this line of thinking fantasizing with being descendant of great civilizations and other wakandas. This phenomenon is strictly american, no one else in the diaspora or sub-Sahara Africa spends so much time and energy in this rationalizations. A product of an inferiority complex. ADOS, Nation of Islam, Rastafarians, Black Hebrews, are all product of this "perpetual need" to show the white man they have a "prestigious lineage" and to the rest of the diaspora, their -cultural superiority- when compared to the "savage practices" of the pagan Africans "they" descend from.

This nonsense has been going on for over 100 years now, it just takes different forms. plenty of propaganda has been written about it, therefore the self quoting scheme of this movement.

Last edited by Snapshoot; 08-19-2019 at 01:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-19-2019, 12:40 PM
 
Location: Tupelo, Ms
1,212 posts, read 693,479 times
Reputation: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Name Islamic places of workshop in the Deep South that were recently founded. Come up with published statements from Southerners on this.
This right here is how i know you haven't been here in a very long time, narrow view of the deep south, parading as a Black person, or all of the above. I literally stated that we BEEN have muslims here and they are a minority amongst the religous. Therefore they obviously worship in a mosque or small center.

Perhaps you should visit more instead of being dismissive on your high spanish horse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-20-2019, 09:48 AM
 
127 posts, read 14,607 times
Reputation: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapshoot View Post
This is the kinds of lies you like to spread, there is no way 30% of the Slaves were Muslim, not even the the Sahel ever was a 30% Muslim population at that time, THE ELITE was Muslim. A Muslim minority ruled the people. The amount of Muslims that actually were sent to the Americas was pretty small, in the single digits. but you insist in spreading this nonsense. If we consider that less than 400k slaves were send to the US, how many people are we taking about ? a couple thousands over a period of 200 years scattered over 1 million square miles of the American south. Do you see now the idiocy of your argument?
So if the bulk of the African Americans descend from Yoruba, and such tribes, why haven't traditionally African Americans tried to reconnect with that heritage and insist in hooking themselves to other cultures like Muslim, Jews, Egyptians and all that other nonsense? creating a false narrative to bypass the bulk of the true heritage.

I already told you why.

ADOS is an american nativist movement that pretends to drive a wedge of division among the diaspora and Africans. Specially because as I said, deep inside they reject Africa and its true culture. And pretend to create this false narrative based of half cooked "facts". The traumas of slavery lead them to rationalized this line of thinking fantasizing with being descendant of great civilizations and other wakandas. This phenomenon is strictly american, no one else in the diaspora or sub-Sahara Africa spends so much time and energy in this rationalizations. A product of an inferiority complex. ADOS, Nation of Islam, Rastafarians, Black Hebrews, are all product of this "perpetual need" to show the white man they have a "prestigious lineage" and to the rest of the diaspora, their -cultural superiority- when compared to the "savage practices" of the pagan Africans "they" descend from.

This nonsense has been going on for over 100 years now, it just takes different forms. plenty of propaganda has been written about it, therefore the self quoting scheme of this movement.

I don't care for the opinion of outsiders on my culture. Your opinions hold no weight when source materials have already been posted. Who should we believe some random non-AA who don't know anything or actual historians? Yes many sources have argued 30 percent.

Quote:
Social scientists estimate that 15 to 30 percent, or "as many as 600,000 to 1.2 million," slaves in antebellum America were Muslims. Forty-six percent of the slaves in the antebellum South were kidnapped from Africa's western regions, which boasted "significant numbers of Muslims."
https://www.theroot.com/african-slav...ame-1790876253

I doubt you have more credibility than Sylviane A. Diouf a scholar who has addressed this topic many times.

More importantly this recent video by PBS(a mainstream news source and not some random Hotep source) states things that go along with what I am saying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBQelGvwkhE

No amount of projections and screaming "inferiority complex" is going to help your cause. And where is evidence that the "bulk" of AA ancestry is Yoruba? Recent DNA studies show AA West African ancestry to be diverse. Plus it depends on what state because as I already posted(which many of you ignored) the majority of AAs genetic ancestry comes from the Carolinas and GA come from Senegambia which was a Muslim areas. Next?


Edit: Do you even know how big the Sahel is? And what are you talking about? Islam existed in West Africa since the 10th century. By the time of the slave trade almost all of the Sahel was Muslim and any non-Muslims fled to the Southern coastal West Africa due to the jihads done by the Fulanis and other Muslim Wes African group. What are you talking about? Senegambia for example by then was majority Muslim.

Last edited by ADOSwarrior; 08-20-2019 at 09:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-20-2019, 09:55 AM
 
127 posts, read 14,607 times
Reputation: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif662 View Post
This right here is how i know you haven't been here in a very long time, narrow view of the deep south, parading as a Black person, or all of the above. I literally stated that we BEEN have muslims here and they are a minority amongst the religous. Therefore they obviously worship in a mosque or small center.

Perhaps you should visit more instead of being dismissive on your high spanish horse.
Wait this dude is NOT ADOS but Spanish? lol! Explains everything. These non-ADOS want to act like authority on OUR DAMN culture repeat OUR DAMN culture and history. Its so bad that they dismiss the many materials I posted that come from credible scholars in their field like Gerhard Kubik. Everyone including scholars know that AA culture is West African Sahelian influenced. We especially know this by the Blues. Which the connection has been made clear by people like Kubik. Not only that I already shown the Mandinka influence and many scholars even note the Mandinka influence on the Gullahs. Heck some of the early Gullahs were even Muslims and Gullahs in SC till this day will tell you they had Muslims in their family but those Muslims been absorbed into Christianity.

Quote:
Islam’s legacy continues in the Gullah community. It began in early colonial North America where the lowcountry hosted the largest community of African Muslims. These Muslims were primarily in the Sea Islands of Sapelo, Saint Simon’s and Saint Helena. Today the presence of Muslim slaves is often discovered through names and descriptions given in runaway slave ads. Charleston’s Royal Gazette, South-Carolina Gazette and Country Journal, Charleston Courier and Savannah’s Georgia Gazette give accounts of identification for runaway slaves. Names appeared like Samba or Sambo meaning “second son” in the language of Fulbe and Hausa. Often times they were described as being a “yellow fellow” or “yellowish,” in keeping with the complexion of those from the Fullah country.

A plantation in Frogmore at St. Helena Island, South Carolina lists a register of slaves, some of whom possibly held Muslim identity. The register lists slaves like “Sambo, eighty-five-years old and African-born; Dido, a fifty-six-year old [Moroccan]” and two children of separate families named Fatima and Hammett (Hamid or Ahmad). According to information given in the register, Sambo and Dido were probably Muslim and at least one parent or both parents of Fatima and Hammett were probably Muslim.

Despite the presence of Christianity and other African religions in the lowcountry, Sapelo and Saint Simon’s Islands contained a large population of devout Muslims. These areas are considered the most significant pockets of Islam in antebellum North America. In the history of those areas, two figures emerge as the best examples of a devout African Muslims, Salih Bilali and Bilali.
https://georgiahistory.com/education...tury/religion/


Let me guess they were influenced by the radical N.O.I.


Point blank these people have an agenda and its no use in arguing with them anymore. The sources/evidence speak for themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-20-2019, 12:10 PM
 
150 posts, read 38,237 times
Reputation: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADOSwarrior View Post
Wait this dude is NOT ADOS but Spanish? lol! Explains everything. These non-ADOS want to act like authority on OUR DAMN culture repeat OUR DAMN culture and history. Its so bad that they dismiss the many materials I posted that come from credible scholars in their field like Gerhard Kubik. Everyone including scholars know that AA culture is West African Sahelian influenced. We especially know this by the Blues. Which the connection has been made clear by people like Kubik. Not only that I already shown the Mandinka influence and many scholars even note the Mandinka influence on the Gullahs. Heck some of the early Gullahs were even Muslims and Gullahs in SC till this day will tell you they had Muslims in their family but those Muslims been absorbed into Christianity.


https://georgiahistory.com/education...tury/religion/


Let me guess they were influenced by the radical N.O.I.


Point blank these people have an agenda and its no use in arguing with them anymore. The sources/evidence speak for themselves.
Authority in your culture? you dont have one, its a frabication.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-20-2019, 12:18 PM
 
127 posts, read 14,607 times
Reputation: 54
All that rah rah talk and this cat can't even produce a decent counter after being slapped around again. You mean the most influential Black cultures in the world? Or is that also "fabrication(learn how to spell the damn word)". Tell me how influential your sex tourism culture is lol.

Anyways you lost the argument. Now sho... sho...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-20-2019, 06:46 PM
 
Location: Tupelo, Ms
1,212 posts, read 693,479 times
Reputation: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADOSwarrior View Post
Wait this dude is NOT ADOS but Spanish? lol! Explains everything. These non-ADOS want to act like authority on OUR DAMN culture repeat OUR DAMN culture and history.
He's supposedly an ADOS that moved to Spain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2019, 07:54 AM
 
152 posts, read 29,751 times
Reputation: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADOSwarrior View Post
All that rah rah talk and this cat can't even produce a decent counter after being slapped around again. You mean the most influential Black cultures in the world? Or is that also "fabrication(learn how to spell the damn word)". Tell me how influential your sex tourism culture is lol.

Anyways you lost the argument. Now sho... sho...
dude your fake propaganda was debunked. get something else to do. you are not good at this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2019, 02:21 AM
 
24,428 posts, read 17,869,843 times
Reputation: 9245
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADOSwarrior View Post
Wait this dude is NOT ADOS but Spanish? lol! Explains everything. These non-ADOS want to act like authority on OUR DAMN culture repeat OUR DAMN culture and history. Its so bad that they dismiss the many materials I posted that come from credible scholars in their field like Gerhard Kubik. Everyone including scholars know that AA culture is West African Sahelian influenced. We especially know this by the Blues. Which the connection has been made clear by people like Kubik. Not only that I already shown the Mandinka influence and many scholars even note the Mandinka influence on the Gullahs. Heck some of the early Gullahs were even Muslims and Gullahs in SC till this day will tell you they had Muslims in their family but those Muslims been absorbed into Christianity.


https://georgiahistory.com/education...tury/religion/


Let me guess they were influenced by the radical N.O.I.


Point blank these people have an agenda and its no use in arguing with them anymore. The sources/evidence speak for themselves.
Iím an African American with Spanish Jewish heritage and I got Spanish citizenship that way. My family is from the rural South and I lived there.

When people spoke of hoodoo they knew nothing about the Orishas in the South and no African languages were preserved. Mostly AAs went to Baptist Churches. There were no mosques. Of course a large city like Atlanta would have mosques, but thatís due to either recent immigration from other countries or Northern AA Muslims moving to the South.

The biggest chunk of my ancestry is Nigerian (44 percent) do there very likely is Yoruba in my family history. Iím proud to have them in my heritage and I love learning about the pre Christian religions of West and Central
Africa.

You more or less have the same gods with different names among people who speak Niger-Congo languages. So I think Latinos over emphasize Yoruba. But thatís because the last wave of the slavery trade contained many Yorubas.

Btw, coastal West African nations today are economically much better off than desert Sahel nations. Ghana is the fastest growing economy in the world. Nigeria has a lot of issues, but is much better off than Nigeria.

Of course these days every African nation likely has a significant Muslim population, Islam spread a lot in the 1800s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2019, 07:25 PM
 
441 posts, read 125,957 times
Reputation: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissrock View Post
Do you think it is possible for an independent black nation in North America?
no
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top