Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2019, 12:04 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,064,318 times

Advertisements

Sharif662,

It isn't a dead horse but a thought people should be considering. Europeans love to go to Africa but for many black people Africa isn't on their radar let alone leaving their city or state they live in. Police brutality/killings/terrorism is not something AAs have to experience in Africa. But appreciate your comments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2019, 12:17 PM

151 posts, read 133,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif662 View Post
I don't think people realized how deep seated in the US Black culture to continue speak out about leaving the country for all of it's perils & overlook the general accomplishments. The return to Africa talk been ongoing since slavery, give it a rest. Either go there or improve your home. At the end of the day the predominantly collective choses to remain here. It's home regardless of the circumstances & troubles that persist.

We're the american fruit of the african tree period. Just like the Jamaican fruit, Haitian fruit, Brazilian fruit, etc. If we wanted to leave then we would have back several gens ago and be dealing with a new set of circumstances & issues. That doesn't go away no matter where you go or if the sovereignty is predominantly of your ethnic group. People have to deal with the same/similar issues just like everywhere else.

Note: I'm not speaking out against those who do move nor view the Black ( Ados/Aframs) diaspora with any discontent. It's just a migraine now seeing the bones of a dead horse being beaten with the same old rhetoric. If you enjoy any African country enough to move permanently then all support for your success and most importantly STAY in touch.

I'm not certain i answered the OP statement in the past or if did. Yes, Pan-Africanism exist.

Unless there is a serious revolution, the African American community is just doomed to become the permanent underclass... Kinda like the untouchables of India (but less extreme).

- Working class/poor AA’s will mostly continue to mate with each other and mostly produce dysfunctional kids with zero family values/structure, zero idea how to build/sustain functioning relationships, poor spending habits, toxic culture and next to nothing to inherit. The majority will definitely remain at the bottom.

- A large chunk of AA men who attain relative success and/or were raised middle class and above will continue to interracially marry other races of women at high rates. Therefore, their accumulated wealth leaves the black community.

- The AA women whom are educated/successful are tired of “dating down” or not dating at all. Since many can’t find a suitable mate in the black community, their interracial dating rates will skyrocket thus taking more wealth out of the community. There’s actually a big “level up” movement starting to pick up momentum.

- Black African/Caribbean immigrant families will replace much of the Black American middle & upper class. However, give them 2 or 3 generation and sadly; there’s a good chance of them following in AA’s footsteps since immigrant groups usually fully assimilate into their broader racial group within a few generations.

Black Americans have long been talking about moving to Africa but most of these people don’t have a plan, have zero idea of how business works (especially in volatile markets) and most have little substantial wealth for investment capital. They’re usually just talk. Even If they are lucky enough to start a profitable business then they will quickly and readily give it up to foreign Asian/Euro corporations willing to buy them out..

It’s sad. I hope somebody can prove me wrong.

Last edited by HomeHunt82; 08-07-2019 at 01:31 PM..

Old 08-07-2019, 12:28 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeHunt82 View Post
Unless there is a serious revolution, the African American community is just doomed to become the permanent underclass... Kinda like the untouchables of India.

- A large chunk of AA men who attain success will continue to interracially marry other races of women. Therefore, their accumulated wealth leaves the black community.

- The AA women whom are educated/successful are tired of “dating down” and not dating at all. Since many can’t find a suitable mate in the black community, their interracial dating rates will skyrocket thus taking more wealth out of the community. There’s actually a big “level up” movement starting.

- Working class/poor AA’s will continue to mate with each other and *mostly* produce kids with zero family values/structure, zero idea how to build/sustain healthy relationships and next to nothing to inherit. They will likely remain at the bottom.

- Black African/Caribbean immigrant families will replace much of the Black American middle & upper class. However, give them 2 or 3 generation and sadly; there’s a good chance of them following in AA’s footsteps since immigrant groups usually assimilate into the majority of their race within a few generations.

Black Americans have long been talking about moving to Africa but most of these people don’t have a plan, have zero idea of how business works (especially in volatile markets) and most have little actual wealth for investment capital. It’s usually just all talk.

Even if true, so what?

Truthfully the whole point of bringing African slaves to the Americas was to create a permanent underclass and it has vegan this way for quite sometime.

Last edited by NyWriterdude; 08-07-2019 at 01:44 PM..

Old 08-07-2019, 12:33 PM

I agree that even the entire continent of Africa cannot accept 40 million people at once. Too
Much social and economic disruption. And while I do know African Americans who have moved to Africa and learned other languages, this isn’t for everyone.

And forget immigration if you’re a convicted felon. No country is taking you in. Unless you’re got good retirement, own a business, Rich, or have high levels of education you are t immigrating either. All the African Americans I know in Africa are well off.

Old 08-07-2019, 02:39 PM

2,648 posts, read 2,092,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
Sharif662,

It isn't a dead horse but a thought people should be considering. Europeans love to go to Africa but for many black people Africa isn't on their radar let alone leaving their city or state they live in. Police brutality/killings/terrorism is not something AAs have to experience in Africa. But appreciate your comments.
To me it is. Many Blacks have been to Africa ( hence the Black community in Accra, businesses in South Africa & Kenya obviously) and more are interested in seeing the continent as much as those with little to no interest. Depends on the individual's situation. Europeans been going for decades especially since the Rush for Africa & vice versa for those African nationalities tied to that history. Let's not think police brutality in various African countries doesn't happens.

Appreciated.

Old 08-07-2019, 02:41 PM

2,648 posts, read 2,092,306 times
Quote:
Unless there is a serious revolution, the African American community is just doomed to become the permanent underclass... Kinda like the untouchables of India (but less extreme).

- Working class/poor AA’s will mostly continue to mate with each other and mostly produce dysfunctional kids with zero family values/structure, zero idea how to build/sustain functioning relationships, poor spending habits, toxic culture and next to nothing to inherit. The majority will definitely remain at the bottom.

- A large chunk of AA men who attain relative success and/or were raised middle class and above will continue to interracially marry other races of women at high rates. Therefore, their accumulated wealth leaves the black community.

- The AA women whom are educated/successful are tired of “dating down” or not dating at all. Since many can’t find a suitable mate in the black community, their interracial dating rates will skyrocket thus taking more wealth out of the community. There’s actually a big “level up” movement starting to pick up momentum.

- Black African/Caribbean immigrant families will replace much of the Black American middle & upper class. However, give them 2 or 3 generation and sadly; there’s a good chance of them following in AA’s footsteps since immigrant groups usually fully assimilate into their broader racial group within a few generations.

Black Americans have long been talking about moving to Africa but most of these people don’t have a plan, have zero idea of how business works (especially in volatile markets) and most have little substantial wealth for investment capital. They’re usually just talk. Even If they are lucky enough to start a profitable business then they will quickly and readily give it up to foreign Asian/Euro corporations willing to buy them out..

Unholiness are you fill with pessimistic viewpoints and I'll get back to you later.

Old 08-07-2019, 03:13 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,064,318 times
Sharif662

Police brutality happens everywhere. But outside of the USA it is less likely and in Africa it isn't because of your race! Where in Africa do you see unarmed black men being shot like 20 times? Where in Africa do police officers get bonuses and early retirement for killing people? The scale of police brutality is significantly in the USA and differs from the rest of the world.

Most of the AAs I've encountered have 0 ambition to visit the continent and still think people are living in huts. If anything I've met more more white people that have already been to the continent and can't wait to go back. The AAs in Ghana make up less than 1% of AAs in the USA and I wouldn't use them as a baramatour to say black people want to visit Africa. Many black people want to travel but don't for many reasons one being fear but if you can afford the new hand bag, hair, or the latest sneakers and or take a trip to the Dominican Republic or Mexico they can afford to go to Africa too! If people don't want to go then they don't want to go. Most Africans also don't travel to neighboring countries so I guess it is an inherited trait.

Also Homehunt82 brought up good points I don't view them as pessimistic just reality.

Old 08-07-2019, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif662 View Post
Unholiness are you fill with pessimistic viewpoints and I'll get back to you later.
True. However, a big part of fixing a problem is by recognizing how dire it is. Interestingly, my viewpoints on this actually aren’t all the way pessimistic though.

I think that there’s some hope for the future economic well-being of the AA community; but there needs to be a major shift in behaviors, habits and values amongst the collective of them in order for this to happen.

It would be beautiful to see this happen but chances are that it won’t. This would require a lot of different HIGHLY-influential, “cool” and relevant voices promoting constructive behaviors/lifestyles to the youth and masses (which I don’t see happening). Media portrayal and advertising is CRUCIAL for influencing how a given group believes that society expects them to behave and how an individual sees themselves; and AA’s aren’t the ones that control the media. So it’s probably a crapshoot sadly.

Old 08-07-2019, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Even if true, so what?

Truthfully the whole point of bringing African slaves to the Americas was to create a permanent underclass and it has vegan this way for quite sometime.
Everybody who cares about the future of their country should be concerned with things like this.

If struggling groups are in a better situation then that leads to a society with less inequality, less crime, lower taxes, more taxpayers, more cohesion and less poverty. This benefits everyone.

Old 08-07-2019, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Everybody who cares about the future of their country should be concerned with things like this.

If struggling groups are in a better situation then that leads to a society with less inequality, less crime, lower taxes, more taxpayers, more cohesion and less poverty. This benefits everyone.
That’s an issue that it would take multiple generations to address. Up until the 60s and 70s people could be legally denied education and employment because of their race. Housing too.

People have very short memories but in those days you didn’t have educated Black professions outside of teachers, preachers, and nurses for the most part. Black elected officials, doctors, executives?

Hahahahaha.

The effects of oppression cannot be entirely eliminated in 50 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa