Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2019, 08:34 AM

151 posts, read 133,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
African nations love American dollars and POOR African Americans have no money to travel. Any African American with the MONEY to travel is not poor and educated.
I’ve seen a decent amount of poor African Americans travelling. Obviously not the ones that are ‘homeless-level poor’ but the ones who are ‘retail/minimum wage-level poor’.

Remember that Americans have very easy access to credit so anybody could put their travel expenses, a fancy car or designer clothes on their credit card and pay it off over the course of an extended period of time (not smart but ppl do it). I’ve also seen people misuse their student loans for this. The average American (regardless of race) is in a lot of credit card debt.

Even when I open up my Facebook/Instagram feed, I always see so many ratchet ghetto black folks from the hood travelling to Miami, Atlanta, NYC, LA, Vegas and the Caribbean! And I’m like damn lol

Last edited by HomeHunt82; 08-11-2019 at 08:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2019, 01:11 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,064,318 times
Urbanluis,

I don't get the comparison of religion? The Somalian and the AA American have many things in common one being that they are both black and would be treated the same by law enforcement.

Many Americans, Europeans, Asians, etc are in Africa and they are doing a great deal of business not to mention living exceptional lives. Africans don't look down on AAs I'm not sure where in the world this lie started although I have my theories and or why AAs think this way. Africans if they don't speak the english language are trying to learn the language, go to school, and take care of their families they aren't thinking about hating on any group of people let alone people who look like them. There are just significant cultural differences between AAs and Africans.

No you don't need millions to go to Africa. Some people have very simple companies, teach, or work for other American companies and or the USA government right in Africa!

The reason why many governments are open to AAs going to Africa are for a myriad of reasons. Generally they need people with vision and who can genuinely help advance industries. Many African countries outsource contracts because the people within their respective country don't have the experience to perform certain operations. They also see the disadvantages that people of color are experiencing outside the continent there is opportunity on both sides. The Chinese, Japanese, Arab Nations, etc also seek people from outside of their country as does the USA (1 & 3 health professionals are immigrants in the USA and the tech industry is highly populated by immigrants and millions of Americans go aboard to work/live) so migration is not a new phenomenon it is just I guess something AAs don't even think about which is limiting their potential for success. If you keep looking for differences you will find them!

Old 08-11-2019, 06:37 PM

220 posts, read 125,220 times
[quote=UrbanLuis;55906190]
Quote:

You're black? Oohhh That explains your obsession and angry rants on the Americas forum towards Latinos. Kind of ironic you would say "its none of your business" yet you feel the right to rant about dominicans and other Latinos. LOL hypocrite.
No he's not a hypocrite especially some of the stuff those Latinos especially Dominicans say about Black people especially Haitians which is why I joined this damn site in the first place. Many of the posts were straight up disgusting and went unaddressed.

Old 08-12-2019, 01:48 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
[quote=UrbanLuis;55906190]
Quote:
??

thats great but hardly representative of the entire continent.

You're black? Oohhh That explains your obsession and angry rants on the Americas forum towards Latinos. Kind of ironic you would say "its none of your business" yet you feel the right to rant about dominicans and other Latinos. LOL hypocrite.

Yeah I was thinking the same reading your posts, not only that but you come across angry an prejudice.
As someone who has Spanish citizenship, and whose field in history was Latin American studies, I know much more about “Latino@ issues than the average Latino talking nonsense. I’ve been to Paraguay, Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, the Dominican Republic, Portugal, and Spain.

I have no anger towards Latinos, only towards people who spread false information. A d as a citizen of Spain, I’m as “Latino” as certain Dominicans running their mouths.

Old 08-12-2019, 01:57 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
[quote=ADOSwarrior;55910956]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
No he's not a hypocrite especially some of the stuff those Latinos especially Dominicans say about Black people especially Haitians which is why I joined this damn site in the first place. Many of the posts were straight up disgusting and went unaddressed.
That’s the only reason why I mentioned my background. Certain people here outright lied. They’re jumping up and down saying they are mixed. Big deal so are most African Americans and African diaspora people in the Americas including the Obamas. They’re part Spanish? Big deal so am I, and so are some African Americans like Vanessa Williams. So are some Haitians and other Caribbean people.

My education surpasses the loudmouths here and I accessed Europe via my heritage. I spoke out because certainly Poole educated people pained AAs with too broad a brush.

I lived in Latino neighborhoods in NYC for many years and I’ve seen the socioeconomic issues such as mass prostitution in Latin America ave in prostitution in Spain and Portugal upfront. In economies rapidly transformed by tourism and foreign investment its easy money.

Old 08-12-2019, 11:07 AM

453 posts, read 317,223 times
there is not such thing as pan-africanism, thats something that only exist int eh head of AA and some Caribbeans.
in latam where the largest amount of the African diaspora lives by a big big margins, pan africanism does not exist. is not even a though. There people see them self as members of their respective countries and do no see other black people as brother or anything like it. The relationship between black Latin americans is basically the same of all latinoamericans.

Old 08-12-2019, 04:08 PM

2,648 posts, read 2,092,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upthere22 View Post
there is not such thing as pan-africanism, thats something that only exist int eh head of AA and some Caribbeans.
in latam where the largest amount of the African diaspora lives by a big big margins, pan africanism does not exist. is not even a though. There people see them self as members of their respective countries and do no see other black people as brother or anything like it. The relationship between black Latin americans is basically the same of all latinoamericans.
It exist and have been displayed numerous times throughout this thread. Just search through the pages.

Old 08-12-2019, 06:20 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,191,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upthere22 View Post
Brazil(people may have forgotten that latino isn't exclusive to just Spanish) has the largest population with significant degrees of black ancestry in Latin America and it appears they are "woke" so to speak, or at the very least aware that they are treated a bit differently. Hell, they speak Yoruba in certain states of the country.
https://qz.com/africa/1224485/black-...k-afro-brazil/

Old 08-12-2019, 06:43 PM
AFP AFP started this thread

7,412 posts, read 6,889,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
Brazil(people may have forgotten that latino isn't exclusive to just Spanish) has the largest population with significant degrees of black ancestry in Latin America and it appears they are "woke" so to speak, or at the very least aware that they are treated a bit differently. Hell, they speak Yoruba in certain states of the country.
https://qz.com/africa/1224485/black-...k-afro-brazil/
Quote "Black Brazil would be the world’s 11th largest country by population and the 17th largest economy in consumption terms."End Quote

Few Brazilians that are mixed identify as black. I see this all the time when people share their DNA results on social media it's a completely different way of seeing things lot's of Brazilians have 10%-35% or so Black ancestry they don't identify as black even some that are 60% Black. Generally Black is used as a descriptive term and used for the darkest shades in Brazil. It's pretty much the same line of thinking as those mixed with the same percentage of Amerindian ancestry very few identify culturally or racially and Indio(DR) is an exception with how that term is viewed.

Old 08-12-2019, 10:14 PM

220 posts, read 125,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeHunt82 View Post
I’ve seen a decent amount of poor African Americans travelling. Obviously not the ones that are ‘homeless-level poor’ but the ones who are ‘retail/minimum wage-level poor’.

Remember that Americans have very easy access to credit so anybody could put their travel expenses, a fancy car or designer clothes on their credit card and pay it off over the course of an extended period of time (not smart but ppl do it). I’ve also seen people misuse their student loans for this. The average American (regardless of race) is in a lot of credit card debt.

Even when I open up my Facebook/Instagram feed, I always see so many ratchet ghetto black folks from the hood travelling to Miami, Atlanta, NYC, LA, Vegas and the Caribbean! And I’m like damn lol
Traveling to American cities and even the Caribbean is NOT the same as traveling to Africa or Asia which are much more expensive...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa