U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 11:45 PM

327 posts, read 243,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Uh...actually...I told you exactly where I got my research from:

We don't have to go on. I have exposed you as a plagiarist, a liar, and an Afrocentric sock puppet to other posters.

Herodotus said melanchroes.
Melanchroes is a word that Greeks used to describe other greeks and similar people- AS USED BY HOMER
Herodotus, and all others, differentiated between ethiops and Egyptians.
Egypt has been mixed throughout historical times due to back migrations going back 45,000 years.
Ramesses, a find example of a famous Egytpian, had a hook nose and naturally red hair
The amount of sub-saharan input has INCREASED in Egyptians in modern times due to the Arab slave trade
You are a plagiarist

ALL OF IT SOURCED IN THIS THREAD.
You do realize all the posts are here for people to see lol. You didn't have the Peter Frost quote at your fingertips because you stole if from someone's blog lol.. If not, please point to where you referenced this Mathilda person's blog for your ideas. Go ahead, I'll wait. Until then..

See Exhibit A

Quotes

Exihibit B

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mathild...egyptians/amp/)

Oh boy, I'm enjoying this lol.

Last edited by jkc2j; 06-11-2017 at 11:54 PM..

Old 06-12-2017, 12:01 AM

3,501 posts, read 2,513,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkc2j View Post
You do realize all the posts are here for people to see lol.
Which I am damn glad of. Now everyone knows from sourced material:

Melanchroes is a word that Greeks used to describe other greeks and similar people- AS USED BY HOMER
Egypt has been mixed throughout historical times due to back migrations going back 45,000 years.
Ramesses, a fine example of a famous Egytpian, had a hook nose and naturally red hair
The amount of sub-saharan input has INCREASED in Egyptians in modern times due to the Arab slave trade
You are a plagiarist

Quote:

You didn't have the Peter Frost quote at your fingertips because you stole if from someone's blog lol.. If not, please point to where you referenced this Mathilda person's blog for your ideas. Go ahead, I'll wait. Until then..

See Exhibit A

Quotes

And Exhibit B

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mathild...egyptians/amp/
What the... you asked me where I got the idea that melanchroes was a word used by Greeks to describe other Greeks, and I found the quote to source it.

MAHTILDA NEVER SAID IT. PETER FROST DID. You will find translations where ‘black skinned and woolly haired’ are used, but the term melanchroes, which was translated to mean black in some versions, was used to describe any skin tone from bronzed to black, and through usage translates as ‘dark’. As is seen in this piece of text from Homer’s Odyssey

Quote:
Oh boy, here we go lol. So now you're equating the term melanchroe, which can literally translate to mean black or dark-skinned and say this translates to dark white people? Please cite the text that you're using as I've never heard this. Sounds like you've created your own definition lol. This would be classified as disinformation.
Quote:

You are a plagiarist. I was looking for the Peter Frost quote, which I did not have at my fingertips...
I told where in my research I got the idea.

Quote:
Oh boy, I'm enjoying this lol.
You aren' t enjoying anything. You have been beaten on every point and exposed as an Afrocentric sock puppet plagiarist. The bottom line of all this is that people can see from SOURCED MATERIAL that the Egyptians are blacker now than they were in ancient times.

Old 06-12-2017, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Which I am damn glad of. Now everyone knows from sourced material:

Ramesses, a find example of a famous Egytpian, had a hook nose and naturally red hair
You are a plagiarist

Oh.. no citing of her blog? No reference? And again..

What the... you asked me where I got the idea that melanchroes was a word used by Greeks to describe other Greeks, and I found the quote to source it.

MAHTILDA NEVER SAID IT. PETER FROST DID. You will find translations where ‘black skinned and woolly haired’ are used, but the term melanchroes, which was translated to mean black in some versions, was used to describe any skin tone from bronzed to black, and through usage translates as ‘dark’. As is seen in this piece of text from Homer’s Odyssey

You aren' t enjoying anything. You have been beaten on every point and exposed as an Afrocentric sock puppet plagiarist.

Oh, no citing for Mathilda? Just like I thought. And again lol. You know darn well this isn't about the defination of Melanchroe but the information in the blog arguing about the idea of racial classification of the words Melanchroe, swarthy and Aithiop which you pulled directly from her blog which you insisted was from your own research which it wasn't. You pulled that Peter Frost quote directly from her blog, insinuating that you researched his work. Her blog was one of the first that came up when searching for information on Peter Frost and after reading just the first paragraph saw where you ripped your ideas directly from her blog almost verbatim.

See Exhibit A

http://www.oocities.org/enbp/quotes.html

And Exhibit B

You're making this too easy lol. I'll even define plagiarize just so you're clear on the meaning(yeah, I'm that petty lol)

pla∑gia∑rize *(plā′jə-rīz′)
v. pla∑gia∑rized, pla∑gia∑riz∑ing, pla∑gia∑riz∑es
v.tr.
1. To reproduce or otherwise use (the words, ideas, or other work of another) as one's own or without attribution.
2. To plagiarize the words, ideas, or work of (another person).
v.intr.
To present another's words or ideas as one's own or without attribution.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/plagiarizing

Sounds like you fit the bill perfectly lol.

Last edited by jkc2j; 06-12-2017 at 12:27 AM..

Old 06-12-2017, 12:12 AM

Quote:
And again.

See Exhibit A

Quotes

And Exhibit B

You're making this too easy lol. I'll even define plagiarize just so you're clear on the meaning(yeah, I'm that petty lol)

pla∑gia∑rize *(plā′jə-rīz′)
v. pla∑gia∑rized, pla∑gia∑riz∑ing, pla∑gia∑riz∑es
v.tr.
1. To reproduce or otherwise use (the words, ideas, or other work of another) as one's own or without attribution.
2. To plagiarize the words, ideas, or work of (another person).
v.intr.
To present another's words or ideas as one's own or without attribution.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/pla...m/plagiarizing

Sounds like you fit the bill perfectly lol.
No, that is what you did:

Even Manilius who is frequently quoted to prove the Egyptians were distinct from Africans said that they were less(a KEY word) sun-burt than the Aethiopians, not that they weren't sun-burnt at all. And if you've seen some of the ethnic groups of Central and Southern Sudan("Aethiopia") you'd see why Manilius said they "stain the world in darkness".

Originally Posted by jkc2j
Even Manilius who is frequently quoted to prove the Egyptians were distinct from Africans said that they were less(a KEY word) sun-burt than the Aethiopians, not that they weren't sun-burnt at all. And if you've seen some of the ethnic groups of Central and Southern Sudan("Aethiopia") you'd see why Manilius said they "stain the world in darkness".

When asked, I went out of my way to find the Peter Frost quote for you:

Quote:
Oh boy, here we go lol. So now you're equating the term melanchroe, which can literally translate to mean black or dark-skinned and say this translates to dark white people? Please cite the text that you're using as I've never heard this. Sounds like you've created your own definition lol. This would be classified as disinformation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches

You are a plagiarist. I was looking for the Peter Frost quote, which I did not have at my fingertips...

Serisouly, do you have no shame that you really don't know anything at all about the things you are arguing about? do you think you have won anything for black Egypt on this thread?

Old 06-12-2017, 12:28 AM

Quote:
No, that is what you did:

When asked, I went out of my way to find the Peter Frost quote for you:

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches

Serisouly, do you have no shame that you really don't know anything at all about the things you are arguing about? do you think you have won anything for black Egypt on this thread?
Of course you did lol. You probably didn't know who Peter Frost was cause you stole that quote from her blog. What's even worse is stealing Mathilda's ideas. Sorry man, you took and L on this one and as far as I'm concerned have no more credibility from me on these discussions.

See Exhibit A

Exhibit B

Old 06-12-2017, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Sorry man, you took and L on this one and as far as I'm concerned have no more credibility from me on these discussions.

Who the hell cares? You are the plagiarist.

These threads are for the curious who are following along, and I have given sourced information to show:

Ramesses, a fine example of a famous Egytpian, had a hook nose and naturally red hair
You are a plagiarist

You have shown nothing. I got my idea about melanchroes from Peter Frost, BUT I AM DAMNED GLAD THAT YOU ARE POSTING THE MATHILDA LINK. It really gets right to the heart of the matter that they Egyptians weren't black and Herodutus never said it. Let me start to post them:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mathildasanthropologyblog.wordpress.com/2009/12/03/ancient-descriptions-of-ancient-egyptians/amp/

Instead of just posting the link, let's start showing how she demonstrates that Herodotus never said that they were black. If you don't I will.

Last edited by cachibatches; 06-12-2017 at 12:40 AM..

Old 06-12-2017, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Who the hell cares? You are the plagiarist.

These threads are for the curious who are following along, and I have given sourced information to show:

You are a plagiarist

You have shown nothing. I got my idea about melanchroes from Peter Frost, BUT I AM DAMNED GLAD THAT YOU ARE POSTING THE MATHILDA LINK. It really gets right to the heart of the matter that they Egyptians weren't black and Herodutus never said it. Let me start to post them:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mathildasanthropologyblog.wordpress.com/2009/12/03/ancient-descriptions-of-ancient-egyptians/amp/
Hey, at least you're owning up to your plagiarism(sorta lol)

Old 06-12-2017, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Hey, at least you're owning up to your plagiarism(sorta lol)
No, no, no. You are the plagiiarist. I sourced my information.

Now, lets start posting snippets from Mathidla's blog since she makes the cases so well. Note how my conclusion is not her's, but Peter Frost's. But neither does it matter. Either way, melanchroes does not neccesarily mean black, and thus, Herodotus did not say so.

You will find translations where ‘black skinned and woolly haired’ are used, but the term melanchroes, which was translated to mean black in some versions, was used to describe any skin tone from bronzed to black, and through usage translates as ‘dark’. As is seen in this piece of text from Homer’s Odyssey.
With this, Athena touched him [Odysseus] with her golden wand. A well-washed cloak and a tunic she first of all cast about his breast, and she increased his stature and his youthful bloom. Once more he grew dark of color [melanchroiÍs], and his cheeks filled out, and dark grew the beard about his chin.

Old 06-12-2017, 12:48 AM

Quote:
No, no, no. You are the plagiiarist. I sourced my information.

Now, lets start posting snippets from Mathidla's blog since she makes the cases so well. Note how my conclusion is not her's, but Peter Frost's. But neither does it matter. Either way, melanchroes does not neccesarily mean black, and thus, Herodotus did not say so.

You will find translations where ‘black skinned and woolly haired’ are used, but the term melanchroes, which was translated to mean black in some versions, was used to describe any skin tone from bronzed to black, and through usage translates as ‘dark’. As is seen in this piece of text from Homer’s Odyssey.
With this, Athena touched him [Odysseus] with her golden wand. A well-washed cloak and a tunic she first of all cast about his breast, and she increased his stature and his youthful bloom. Once more he grew dark of color [melanchroiÍs], and his cheeks filled out, and dark grew the beard about his chin.
Oh wow, good way to flip it lol. Now you're just outright showing where you plagiarized your ideas without sourcing. Awesome lol. If only you would've cited her from the beginning lol.(Funny because what you posted actually helps my argument, melanchroes was a descriptive term for color not racial just as Aithiop was described as possibly darker Africans below Egypt but wasn't a racial term in the modern sense)

But why stop there. Here's the whole blog here lol.

And let's not forget this one lol

Last edited by jkc2j; 06-12-2017 at 12:57 AM..

Old 06-12-2017, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Oh wow, good way to flip it lol. Now you're just outright showing where you got your information. Awesome lol. If only you would've cited her from the beginning lol.(Funny because what you posted actually helps my argument, melanchroes was a descriptive term not racial lol)
Flip nothing, You are a plagiarist, and I have shown it.

But now, let's get back to the Egytpians. DO YOU NOW UNDERSTAND THAT MELANCHROES DOES NOT MEAN BLACK AFRICAN?

Mathilda's idea is that it means dark.

Peter Frost's idea is that it is word that Greeks used to describe their own race.

Either way, it was used to describe Greeks, and does not mean "black African."

Do you now, after all of these pages, understand as much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa