U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 08:13 PM
AFP

6,898 posts, read 4,236,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by taimaishu View Post
LOL, another denier.

Catholics burned millions of books.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PM8HnvuKbAo
I doesn't matter what you say you want to belong to a culture that doesn't belong to you. On the other hand the culture you are so envious of and wish you were a part of in Al Andalus I connect to by bloodline all of those people you read about in history books are my ancestors not yours. In fact just confirmed that today got my maternal grandfather's Y-DNA results back today. Yeah sure there were some sub-Saharan Africans but they were a small percentage but the were East African not west African. I can see small amounts in my DNA but less than 0.5%. You really don't know this topic well I've been researching it for years. But you are correct many documents were destroyed and genealogies were forged to show noble Christian genealogies when actually the lineages were formerly Muslim nobles.

Old 06-06-2017, 12:12 AM
AFP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
I agree that the later is more interesting. We only started getting ME/NA DNA within the last few years, so it's a new frontier. Not to mention that we have only one SSA ancient genome still - the "Mota" sample from Ethiopia which shows what East Africans were like before West Eurasian admixture. There's just a ton we don't know yet, but given so much of Africa is not only hot, but so humid that bones degrade almost immediately, we may never have a full genetic record.

I've been hearing rumors that nuclear DNA from the Iberomarusian culture (which occupied the Maghreb before agriculture) is on its way soon. The mtDNA suggests that even at this early period North Africans were more similar to West Eurasians than Sub-Saharan Africans, suggesting that during one of the hyper-arid Saharan phases humans were wiped out in North Africa entirely, and then resettled from the Near East. Nuclear DNA will help confirm this hypothesis.
Take a look at this hot off the press.

http://biorxiv.org/content/biorxiv/e...45409.full.pdf

Old 06-07-2017, 09:27 PM

600 posts, read 361,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
I doesn't matter what you say you want to belong to a culture that doesn't belong to you. On the other hand the culture you are so envious of and wish you were a part of in Al Andalus I connect to by bloodline all of those people you read about in history books are my ancestors not yours. In fact just confirmed that today got my maternal grandfather's Y-DNA results back today. Yeah sure there were some sub-Saharan Africans but they were a small percentage but the were East African not west African. I can see small amounts in my DNA but less than 0.5%. You really don't know this topic well I've been researching it for years. But you are correct many documents were destroyed and genealogies were forged to show noble Christian genealogies when actually the lineages were formerly Muslim nobles.
What are you smoking. What culture do I want to belong to?

If anyone wants to belong to anyone culture or stealing other people's culture. It's the Askhenazi who are actually Europeans pretending to be the Biblical Israelite. Yet DNA shows otherwise. Bloodline shows they're Polish, German. Other fakers includes the Khazaria klans.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:19 PM
AFP

Quote:
What are you smoking. What culture do I want to belong to?

If anyone wants to belong to anyone culture or stealing other people's culture. It's the Askhenazi who are actually Europeans pretending to be the Biblical Israelite. Yet DNA shows otherwise. Bloodline shows they're Polish, German. Other fakers includes the Khazaria klans.
I'm Portuguese.

There are numerous threads in which the origins of the Moors have been debated both on the Africa forum and history forum. You can search for those threads. The origins and genetics of Ashkenazi Jews have also been debated on multiple threads you can look those up it isn't related to this topic.

You asserted a claim that the Moors were black which the DNA evidence for the Iberian peninsula doesn't support. The Moors were on the Iberian peninsula 700 years but strangely there are virtually nil paternal Y-DNA lineages in the Portuguese and Spaniards that lead to sub-Saharan Africa, almost none out of the thousands of samples tested I'm aware of less than five that lead to sub-Saharan Africa.

So let me get this right, and break it down in basic terms according to you these black men were on the Iberian peninsula 700 years and they ruled and lorded over everything. Interesting they didn't leave any sons behind. No sex for 700 years come on LoL!

Old 06-08-2017, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
I'm Portuguese.

There are numerous threads in which the origins of the Moors have been debated both on the Africa forum and history forum. You can search for those threads. The origins and genetics of Ashkenazi Jews have also been debated on multiple threads you can look those up it isn't related to this topic.

You asserted a claim that the Moors were black which the DNA evidence for the Iberian peninsula doesn't support. The Moors were on the Iberian peninsula 700 years but strangely there are virtually nil paternal Y-DNA lineages in the Portuguese and Spaniards that lead to sub-Saharan Africa, almost none out of the thousands of samples tested I'm aware of less than five that lead to sub-Saharan Africa.

So let me get this right, and break it down in basic terms according to you these black men were on the Iberian peninsula 700 years and they ruled and lorded over everything. Interesting they didn't leave any sons behind. No sex for 700 years come on LoL!
The paintings that survived the destruction of when Moor's ruled in Europe shows black men.

If not black, then Arab. But none the less, they were Islamic.

Ancestry shows African and Arab dna.
https://www.ancestry.com/dna/ethnici...rian-peninsula

And:
http://www.livescience.com/37092-sou...can-genes.html
The Alhambra palace in Granada, Spain was built between 889 and 1333 by the Moors, Muslim conquerors from North Africa. New evidence suggests the Moors left their traces on the genetics, as well as the architecture and culture, of Spain.

Old 06-08-2017, 12:30 AM

28 posts, read 11,263 times
People saying Moors were black,
and pushing the Khazar theory (despite the fact that most experts dont agree with it).

Old 06-08-2017, 02:05 AM

3,512 posts, read 2,514,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agbor View Post
Never said Nubians and Egyptians were the same, you can look at the paintings and artifacts and see that, the problem is people are trying to impose 21st century American racial definitions on the ancient Egyptians to promote an agenda.

This is an American" black/white", 'either/ or binary" cultural response. I would speculate that the ancient
Egyptiians were multi-racial through out their civilization they probably resembled Brazilians who are all
different shades and hair and feature combinations. There is a difference between multi-racial people and
pure Black Africans anybody can see that.
I'll go ahead and solve the mystery here: they were all colors. The were "mixed race," but that doesn't mean that every individual was mixed. Some Old Kingdom statues look strikingly black African. Other have green or blue eyes. There are mummies with red and blonde hair. Ramesses II had a glorious hook nose and NATURALLY red hair.

[SIZE=3]Professor P. F. Ceccaldi, with a research team behind him, studied some hairs which were removed from the mummy's scalp. Ramesses II was 90 years-old when he died, and his hair had turned white. Ceccaldi determined that the reddish-yellow colour of the mummy's hair had been brought about by its being dyed with a dilute henna solution; it proved to be an example of the cosmetic attentions of the embalmers. However, traces of the hair's original colour (in youth), remain in the roots, even into advanced old age. Microscopic examinations proved that the hair roots contained traces of natural red pigments, and that therefore, during his youth, Ramesses II had been red-haired. It was concluded that these red pigments did not result from the hair somehow fading, or otherwise altering post-mortem, but did indeed represent Ramesses' natural hair colour. Ceccaldi also studied a cross-section of the hairs, and he determined from their oval shape, that Ramesses had been "cymotrich" (wavy-haired). Finally, he stated that such a combination of features showed that Ramesses had been a "leucoderm" (white-skinned person). [Balout, et al. (1985) 254-257.][/SIZE]
was indeed a natural redhead. (Tyldesley 2001).[/SIZE]

Scientific analysis of his (Ramses II) has confirmed that in his youth, the king was indeed a natural redhead. (Tyldesley 2001).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
Interesting that there's always a push to separate Egypt from Africa......and yet, we never seem to separate Ancient Rome and Greece from Europe. I mean, Romans and Greeks are quite different from northern Europeans (that they regarded as barbarians) but we seem to merge them all together like one big happy family.

The issue is that Afrocentrists stupidly claim that that Ancient Egyptians were once a completely different people. Europeans need make no such claim about the Greeks and Romans.

Quote:
Africa has so much history south of the Sahara.
This much is true.

Quote:

Most westerners don't really know this, unfortunately.
Perhaps if Afrocentrists spent more time talking about this rather than trying to prove that the Egyptians were black.

Quote:

Blacks need to be seen as vaguely inferior and bereft of culture (by those in power that work to keep working class/middle class blacks and white separate), and Egypt is sort of the middle finger to that ideology. Those that insist that ancient Egypt's triumphs were largely white/middle eastern, do so not because they actually care about Egyptian history, but rather want to confirm their own belief in black inferiority. It's why those types will talk up the greatness of Ancient Greece and Rome when discussing pre-Dark Ages Europe but then flip over and talk about western Europe when we discuss the modern world post Renaissance. They want to be viewed as superior because of the accomplishments of people that lived hundreds of years ago, but then don't want to take any responsibility for the negative outcomes (genocide of Native Americans, trans-Atlantic slave trade etc.).
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

This is nonsense. The issue is cultural theft.

Quote:
According to the Bible, Yakub (Jacob) invented White people. He did it by grafting and selective breeding or something.
Quote:

This chapter was somehow not included in the Christian bible. lol

As for the Ancient Egyptians, the ancient statues, paintings, drawings whatever you call it. All depict brown skinned people. Even the Israeli (Europeans who migrated to Israel) admit that Jesus was brown. http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/health/a234/1282186/

Another part of History that the Europeans tried to "Erase" was the 700 years of being ruled by the Black Moors.

Europeans burned thousands of texts, paintings, etc etc. to try and erase it. To try and "Cover" this missing 700 years, they call it the "dark ages". lol Nice try.
[ This is insane gibberish.

Quote:
The paintings that survived the destruction of when Moor's ruled in Europe shows black men.
Quote:

https://www.ancestry.com/dna/ethnicity/iberian-peninsula

And:
http://www.livescience.com/37092-southern-europeans-have-african-genes.html
The Alhambra palace in Granada, Spain was built between 889 and 1333 by the Moors, Muslim conquerors from North Africa. New evidence suggests the Moors left their traces on the genetics, as well as the architecture and culture, of Spain.
They show men of every variety, as has been documented in half a dozen threads. You are simply stating a lie.

[http://www.city-data.com/forum/history/1738293-were-moors-black-27.html#post42664001[/SIZE]

Last edited by cachibatches; 06-08-2017 at 02:41 AM..

Old 06-08-2017, 06:46 AM
AFP

Quote:

https://www.ancestry.com/dna/ethnici...rian-peninsula

And:
Spanish Have Substantial North African Ancestry
1. There were some black men but they were few in number. What makes you think there weren't any black men prior to the Islamic invasion?

2. Yes there were Arabs but there were more Arabized Berbers from North Africa

3. No denying they were Muslim but they had a lot of help from indigenous Iberians who absolutely despised the brutal Visigoths who were in power and wanted them ousted.

Old 06-08-2017, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
I'll go ahead and solve the mystery here: they were all colors. The were "mixed race," but that doesn't mean that every individual was mixed. Some Old Kingdom statues look strikingly black African. Other have green or blue eyes. There are mummies with red and blonde hair. Ramesses II had a glorious hook nose and NATURALLY red hair.

[SIZE=3]Professor P. F. Ceccaldi, with a research team behind him, studied some hairs which were removed from the mummy's scalp. Ramesses II was 90 years-old when he died, and his hair had turned white. Ceccaldi determined that the reddish-yellow colour of the mummy's hair had been brought about by its being dyed with a dilute henna solution; it proved to be an example of the cosmetic attentions of the embalmers. However, traces of the hair's original colour (in youth), remain in the roots, even into advanced old age. Microscopic examinations proved that the hair roots contained traces of natural red pigments, and that therefore, during his youth, Ramesses II had been red-haired. It was concluded that these red pigments did not result from the hair somehow fading, or otherwise altering post-mortem, but did indeed represent Ramesses' natural hair colour. Ceccaldi also studied a cross-section of the hairs, and he determined from their oval shape, that Ramesses had been "cymotrich" (wavy-haired). Finally, he stated that such a combination of features showed that Ramesses had been a "leucoderm" (white-skinned person). [Balout, et al. (1985) 254-257.][/SIZE]
was indeed a natural redhead. (Tyldesley 2001).[/SIZE]

Scientific analysis of his (Ramses II) has confirmed that in his youth, the king was indeed a natural redhead. (Tyldesley 2001).

The issue is that Afrocentrists stupidly claim that that Ancient Egyptians were once a completely different people. Europeans need make no such claim about the Greeks and Romans.

This much is true.

Perhaps if Afrocentrists spent more time talking about this rather than trying to prove that the Egyptians were black.

[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

This is nonsense. The issue is cultural theft.

[ This is insane gibberish.

They show men of every variety, as has been documented in half a dozen threads. You are simply stating a lie.

[http://www.city-data.com/forum/history/1738293-were-moors-black-27.html#post42664001[/SIZE]

LOL, what does mummies have to do with anything? The Moors ruled Europe. They were Black / Arab. So they found a Mummy and that proves the Moors were not black / Arab? They brought culture, architect and law.

Trump rules America right now. 700 years later, they found a Mummy of Obama. Proof that America were ruled by blacks?

See how stupid that sounds.

Old 06-08-2017, 06:07 PM

3,512 posts, read 2,514,588 times
Quote:
LOL, what does mummies have to do with anything? The Moors ruled Europe. They were Black / Arab. So they found a Mummy and that proves the Moors were not black / Arab? They brought culture, architect and law.

Trump rules America right now. 700 years later, they found a Mummy of Obama. Proof that America were ruled by blacks?

See how stupid that sounds.

Again, you are lying. The Moors were all colors. We ahve posted depcitions of them in the other thread where some appear white.

What is more, they did not rule Europe, only Spain.

You are a typical Afrocentric dupe--you do not even know basic history.

You make yourself look like a fool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa