U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-08-2017, 06:54 PM
AFP
 
6,898 posts, read 4,238,493 times
Reputation: 5878

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Again, you are lying. The Moors were all colors. We ahve posted depcitions of them in the other thread where some appear white.

What is more, they did not rule Europe, only Spain.

You are a typical Afrocentric dupe--you do not even know basic history.

You make yourself look like a fool.
I agree he doesn't even have the basic facts correct. These guys are ashamed of their black American culture and try to steal other cultures the Moroccans and Egyptians despise them.

 
Old 06-08-2017, 09:33 PM
 
329 posts, read 244,732 times
Reputation: 349
My dear friend cahibatches is back from the grave lol. Up to your usual disinformation tactics and adolescent insults I see. You can best believe anytime there's a discussion about Ancient Egypt on the African sub forum the closet racists and propagandists seem to come out in full force.
 
Old 06-08-2017, 09:46 PM
 
3,513 posts, read 2,517,695 times
Reputation: 6798
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkc2j View Post
My dear friend cahibatches is back from the grave lol. Up to your usual disinformation tactics and adolescent insults I see. You can best believe anytime there's a discussion about Ancient Egypt on the African sub forum the closet racists and propagandists seem to come out in full force.
I have cited what Herodotus and Strabo actually said, posted pictures of Ramesses, posted words about his hair from a scientific study, and gave a good example of what Greeks actually meant by melanchroes.

To an Afrocentrist...

Telling the truth and citing evidence = spreading disinformation.

The entire world can see your dishonesty on these threads, so if you want to have a go around. Let's go. Let's draw it out.

What are you contesting? What SPECIFICALLY is disinformation?
 
Old 06-08-2017, 10:38 PM
 
329 posts, read 244,732 times
Reputation: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
I have cited what Herodotus and Strabo actually said, posted pictures of Ramesses, posted words about his hair from a scientific study, and gave a good example of what Greeks actually meant by melanchroes.

To an Afrocentrist...

Telling the truth and citing evidence = spreading disinformation.

The entire world can see your dishonesty on these threads, so if you want to have a go around. Let's go. Let's draw it out.

What are you contesting? What SPECIFICALLY is disinformation?

Naw, I'm good on debating with you again on this topic lol. I've shut your arguments down too many times to count and have better things to do.

If anyone wants to know how you get down, they'd need to look no further than the flame thread you created "Why do Afrocentists try to relate themselves to Egypt rather than claim their real history?" and the ever so popular "Tutankhamun was not black: antiquities chief" thread for that discussion.
 
Old 06-09-2017, 02:47 AM
 
3,513 posts, read 2,517,695 times
Reputation: 6798
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkc2j View Post
Naw, I'm good on debating with you again on this topic lol. I've shut your arguments down too many times to count and have better things to do.
What you mean is that you cannot shut my arguments down.

Which argument would you shut down?

Did Herodotus not differentiate between Ethiopians and Egyptians? Of course he did, and you know it. I posted the quote.

Did Strabo not differentiate? You know he did. You are being dishonest. I posted the quote.

Did Ramesses not have a hook nose and red hair? I Posted a picture!

Was it no natural red hair? O course it is, I cited a study!

Does melanchroes not refere to Greeks? Of course it does, I gave an example.

You have never shut down and cannot shut down a single thing that I have said, because you don't know anything about the subjecst at at all. You want the Ancient Egyptians to be black because it feels good. That is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkc2j View Post
If anyone wants to know how you get down, they'd need to look no further than the flame thread you created "Why do Afrocentists try to relate themselves to Egypt rather than claim their real history?" and the ever so popular "Tutankhamun was not black: antiquities chief" thread for that discussion.
What, the one were I suggested that Afrocentrists celebrate their real history instead of trying to steal that of others? Let me post the link.

Why do Afrocentists try to relate themselves to Egypt rather than claim their real history?
 
Old 06-09-2017, 04:50 AM
 
329 posts, read 244,732 times
Reputation: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
What you mean is that you cannot shut my arguments down.

Which argument would you shut down?

Did Herodotus not differentiate between Ethiopians and Egyptians? Of course he did, and you know it. I posted the quote.

Did Strabo not differentiate? You know he did. You are being dishonest. I posted the quote.

Did Ramesses not have a hook nose and red hair? I Posted a picture!

Was it no natural red hair? O course it is, I cited a study!

Does melanchroes not refere to Greeks? Of course it does, I gave an example.

You have never shut down and cannot shut down a single thing that I have said, because you don't know anything about the subjecst at at all. You want the Ancient Egyptians to be black because it feels good. That is all.



What, the one were I suggested that Afrocentrists celebrate their real history instead of trying to steal that of others? Let me post the link.

Why do Afrocentists try to relate themselves to Egypt rather than claim their real history?

Your knowledge of Ancient Egypt is elementary at best. You state opinions and spout baseless rhetoric as if they were facts and you clearly have an agenda as well as being borderline if not full out racist. You have never and will never have any credibility regarding this subject and to debate with you is a complete waste of time.

Your arguments were completely demolished on multiple accounts to the point you stopped posting lol(see Slavery Among Africans thread for details) It's just funny that when the subject of Ancient Egypt comes up again you start posting and after two years, it's the same diatribe.

Here's the other link to this topic:

Tutankhamun was not black: antiquities chief

Last edited by jkc2j; 06-09-2017 at 05:52 AM..
 
Old 06-09-2017, 11:52 AM
 
3,513 posts, read 2,517,695 times
Reputation: 6798
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkc2j View Post
Your knowledge of Ancient Egypt is elementary at best. You state opinions and spout baseless rhetoric as if they were facts and you clearly have an agenda as well as being borderline if not full out racist. You have never and will never have any credibility regarding this subject and to debate with you is a complete waste of time.

Your arguments were completely demolished on multiple accounts to the point you stopped posting lol(see Slavery Among Africans thread for details) It's just funny that when the subject of Ancient Egypt comes up again you start posting and after two years, it's the same diatribe.

Here's the other link to this topic:

Tutankhamun was not black: antiquities chief
jkc2j, you are delusional, and here, outright lying. My knowledge dwarfs yours, and obviosuly so. Now, you said that I spread disinformtation. I am going to ask a third time. Please understand that every time you cannot answer, you are making a greater fool of yourself.

Which "disinformation" argument would you "shut down?"

Did Herodotus not differentiate between Ethiopians and Egyptians? Of course he did, and you know it. I posted the quote.

Did Strabo not differentiate? You know he did. I posted the quote.

Did Ramesses not have a hook nose and red hair? I posted a picture!

Was it not natural red hair? Of course it was, I cited a scientific study!

Does melanchroes not refere to Greeks? Of course it does, I gave an example.

WHAT PART OF WHAT I SAID IS DISINFORMATION AND WHY? No hollow chest thumping. No declaring victory. No unfounded claims of special knowledge. Merely pretending that you are right or sniveling about "racism" when someone confronts you with superior knoweldge is not going to fly here. Answer the question.

POST SCRIPT:

I am not sure why you think that you won some kind of victory in the slavery thread, but I did not "stop posting," THE THREAD WAS CLOSED. Everything I said there was also TRUE AND SOURCED. We can also talk about the cruelty of African slavery- the mass human sacrifice and the burning alive and the like:

Upon the order of the king, the prisoner designated for castration is siezed and a cord with a slip knot is places around his neck and tied to his right hand, thus preventing any resistance at the cost of strangling himself. The victim is laid on the ground where six stong men hold him down in such a way that that the operative area is level with a fairly large hole tha thas been previosuly dug in the ground. His head is covered with a sack. After having shaved the area, the operator puts a tight lashing both around the penis and the testicles at the root of the penis. Taking his curved, two edged knife and holding the genitles in his left hand, he cuts slolwy, beggining underneath and so up to the pubic hairs, making a veritble circular incision. He then proceeds with an acutal excision of the organ. No attempt is made to stop the bleeding: they wait for the hemorage to stop itself. For want of anything better, they turn the patient over on to his front so that the open wound is over the hole, while one of the attendents bends the right foot up towards the victim's back in order to increase the flow of blood.

and

Earlier, while Battuta was still at the capital, a group of African cannibals and their leader came to see sultan Mansa Suleiman. They wore large metal rings in their ears and wore silver mantles. they came from a region that possessed a gold mine, so the sultan was gracious to them, and gave them a slave woman as a hospitality gift. The cannibals killed and ate her, then smeared her blood on themselves and went to thank the sultan. As an aside, Battuta reported that he heard the tastiest meat came from the palms and the breasts.

and

it is recorded that that the death of the Ashanti queen in 1816, more than 3.500 slaves were murdered in her honor. Others--the healthies of the young males--were castrated and kept as eunuchs.

"Not only was slavery an established institution in West Africa before European traders arrived, but Africans were also involved in a trans-Saharan trade in slaves along these routes. African rulers and merchants were thus able to tap into preexisting methods and networks of enslavement to supply European demand for slaves. Enslavement was most often a byproduct of local warfare, kidnapping, or the manipulation of religious and judicial institutions. Military, political, and religious authority within West Africa determined who controlled access to the Atlantic slave trade. And some African elites, such as those in the Dahomey and Ashanti empires, took advantage of this control and used it to their profit by enslaving and selling other Africans to European traders."
Zayde Antrim

In Africa, many societies recognized slaves merely as property, but others saw them as dependents who eventually might be integrated into the families of slave owners.

http://autocww.colorado.edu/~blackmo...yInAfrica.html


Slaves were needed in pre-colonial Africa to provide labour in agriculture, trade and industry. Some slaves were employed in the administrative sectors of the state, kingdom or empire. Other slaves served in the military; some performed domestic chores, a few others were sacrificed and some satisfied the personal needs of individuals.

Some slaves were sacrificed in accordance with traditional beliefs and practices during festivals, ceremonial occasions, religious observances and the death of important personalities.

...One striking difference in the use of male and female slaves was in the area of procreation. Procreation did not only fulfil the needs of individuals but whole states. After war, disease or famine had decimated the population, the state would send officials to the slave markets to purchase female slaves to procreate and make up the dwindled population. Throughout the period of the slave trade, female slaves fetched higher prices than male slaves. Female slaves became the wives and concubines of individuals, chiefs and kings.

Source: Dr. Akosua Perbi - Manchester College - USA

Since Dahomey was a significant military power involved in the slave trade, slaves and human sacrifice became crucial aspects of the ceremony. Captives from war and criminals were killed for the deceased kings of Dahomey.[5][6] Most of the victims were sacrificed through decapitation, a tradition widely used by Dahomean kings, and the literal translation for the Fon name for the ceremony Xwetanu is "yearly head business".[7] In later years this ceremony also included the spilling of human blood from the sacrificed.[4] Related with this, there was also a significant military parade in the ceremonies that further displayed the military might of the kingdom of Dahomey.[

According to R. J. Rummel, "Just consider the Grand Custom in Dahomey: When a ruler died, hundreds, sometimes even thousands, of prisoners would be slain. In one of these ceremonies in 1727

In various places in Africa, where human sacrifice was connected with ancestor worship, some of the slaves of the deceased were buried alive with him, or they were killed and laid beneath him in his grave. Encyclopedia Britanica

Among the African Asante, the victims sacrificed as first-fruit offerings during the Festival of New Yams were usually criminals, though slaves also were killed. Encyclopedia Britanica

While it was agreed that the victims sacrificed included wives, slaves and criminals, there is dispute to the degree over which sacrifices derived from sacrifical, religious or judicial, actions. Although the history of human sacrifce in Yoruba disticts...
Cambridge University Press, Olutunji Ojo.
 
Old 06-09-2017, 01:51 PM
 
329 posts, read 244,732 times
Reputation: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
jkc2j, you are delusional, and here, outright lying. My knowledge dwarfs yours, and obviosuly so. Now, you said that I spread disinformtation. I am going to ask a third time. Please understand that every time you cannot answer, you are making a greater fool of yourself.

Which "disinformation" argument would you "shut down?"

Did Herodotus not differentiate between Ethiopians and Egyptians? Of course he did, and you know it. I posted the quote.

Did Strabo not differentiate? You know he did. I posted the quote.

Did Ramesses not have a hook nose and red hair? I posted a picture!

Was it not natural red hair? Of course it was, I cited a scientific study!

Does melanchroes not refere to Greeks? Of course it does, I gave an example.

WHAT PART OF WHAT I SAID IS DISINFORMATION AND WHY? No hollow chest thumping. No declaring victory. No unfounded claims of special knowledge. Merely pretending that you are right or sniveling about "racism" when someone confronts you with superior knoweldge is not going to fly here. Answer the question.

POST SCRIPT:

I am not sure why you think that you won some kind of victory in the slavery thread, but I did not "stop posting," THE THREAD WAS CLOSED. Everything I said there was also TRUE AND SOURCED. We can also talk about the cruelty of African slavery- the mass human sacrifice and the burning alive and the like:

Upon the order of the king, the prisoner designated for castration is siezed and a cord with a slip knot is places around his neck and tied to his right hand, thus preventing any resistance at the cost of strangling himself. The victim is laid on the ground where six stong men hold him down in such a way that that the operative area is level with a fairly large hole tha thas been previosuly dug in the ground. His head is covered with a sack. After having shaved the area, the operator puts a tight lashing both around the penis and the testicles at the root of the penis. Taking his curved, two edged knife and holding the genitles in his left hand, he cuts slolwy, beggining underneath and so up to the pubic hairs, making a veritble circular incision. He then proceeds with an acutal excision of the organ. No attempt is made to stop the bleeding: they wait for the hemorage to stop itself. For want of anything better, they turn the patient over on to his front so that the open wound is over the hole, while one of the attendents bends the right foot up towards the victim's back in order to increase the flow of blood.

and

Earlier, while Battuta was still at the capital, a group of African cannibals and their leader came to see sultan Mansa Suleiman. They wore large metal rings in their ears and wore silver mantles. they came from a region that possessed a gold mine, so the sultan was gracious to them, and gave them a slave woman as a hospitality gift. The cannibals killed and ate her, then smeared her blood on themselves and went to thank the sultan. As an aside, Battuta reported that he heard the tastiest meat came from the palms and the breasts.

and

it is recorded that that the death of the Ashanti queen in 1816, more than 3.500 slaves were murdered in her honor. Others--the healthies of the young males--were castrated and kept as eunuchs.

"Not only was slavery an established institution in West Africa before European traders arrived, but Africans were also involved in a trans-Saharan trade in slaves along these routes. African rulers and merchants were thus able to tap into preexisting methods and networks of enslavement to supply European demand for slaves. Enslavement was most often a byproduct of local warfare, kidnapping, or the manipulation of religious and judicial institutions. Military, political, and religious authority within West Africa determined who controlled access to the Atlantic slave trade. And some African elites, such as those in the Dahomey and Ashanti empires, took advantage of this control and used it to their profit by enslaving and selling other Africans to European traders."
Zayde Antrim

In Africa, many societies recognized slaves merely as property, but others saw them as dependents who eventually might be integrated into the families of slave owners.

http://autocww.colorado.edu/~blackmo...yInAfrica.html


Slaves were needed in pre-colonial Africa to provide labour in agriculture, trade and industry. Some slaves were employed in the administrative sectors of the state, kingdom or empire. Other slaves served in the military; some performed domestic chores, a few others were sacrificed and some satisfied the personal needs of individuals.

Some slaves were sacrificed in accordance with traditional beliefs and practices during festivals, ceremonial occasions, religious observances and the death of important personalities.

...One striking difference in the use of male and female slaves was in the area of procreation. Procreation did not only fulfil the needs of individuals but whole states. After war, disease or famine had decimated the population, the state would send officials to the slave markets to purchase female slaves to procreate and make up the dwindled population. Throughout the period of the slave trade, female slaves fetched higher prices than male slaves. Female slaves became the wives and concubines of individuals, chiefs and kings.

Source: Dr. Akosua Perbi - Manchester College - USA

Since Dahomey was a significant military power involved in the slave trade, slaves and human sacrifice became crucial aspects of the ceremony. Captives from war and criminals were killed for the deceased kings of Dahomey.[5][6] Most of the victims were sacrificed through decapitation, a tradition widely used by Dahomean kings, and the literal translation for the Fon name for the ceremony Xwetanu is "yearly head business".[7] In later years this ceremony also included the spilling of human blood from the sacrificed.[4] Related with this, there was also a significant military parade in the ceremonies that further displayed the military might of the kingdom of Dahomey.[

According to R. J. Rummel, "Just consider the Grand Custom in Dahomey: When a ruler died, hundreds, sometimes even thousands, of prisoners would be slain. In one of these ceremonies in 1727
In various places in Africa, where human sacrifice was connected with ancestor worship, some of the slaves of the deceased were buried alive with him, or they were killed and laid beneath him in his grave. Encyclopedia Britanica

Among the African Asante, the victims sacrificed as first-fruit offerings during the Festival of New Yams were usually criminals, though slaves also were killed. Encyclopedia Britanica

While it was agreed that the victims sacrificed included wives, slaves and criminals, there is dispute to the degree over which sacrifices derived from sacrifical, religious or judicial, actions. Although the history of human sacrifce in Yoruba disticts...
Cambridge University Press, Olutunji Ojo.

No need to continue discussing, you've already made yourself look foolish amongst other things in your various other posts and rants. This has already been discussed ad nauseam and after getting intellectually broken down in previous threads, you resort to childish name calling and insults. Debating with you is like talking to a 5 year old who doesn't get their way.


Check out these quotes from some Greek and other historians on how they viewed the Egyptians and I'm done with this thread:



Why are the Ethiopians and Egyptians bandy-legged? Is it because of that the body of itself creates, because of disturbance by heat, like loss of wood when they become dry? The condition of their hair supports this theory; for it is curlier than that of other nations…” (Aristotle, Problemata_ 909, 7)

Dialogue: Lycinus (describing an Egyptian): ‘this boy is not merely black; he has thick lips and his legs are too thin…his hair worn in a plait shows that he is not a freeman.’ Timolaus: ‘but that is a sign of really distinguished birth in Egypt, Lycinus. All freeborn children plait their hair until they reach manhood…’ (Lucian, _Navigations_, paras 2-3)

Dialogue: “Aegyptos conquered the country of the black-footed ones and called it Egypt after himself” (Apollodorus, Book II, paras 3 and 4)

Dialogue: Danaos (describing the Aegyptiads): ‘I can see the crew with their black limbs and white tunics.’ (Aeschylus, _The Suppliants_, vv. 719-20, 745)

“…the men of Egypt are mostly brown or black with a skinny desiccated look.” (Ammianus Marcellinus, Book XXII para 16) Ibn Qutayba (828-89) wrote: Wahb ibn Nunabbih said: Ham the son of Noah was a white man, with a handsome face and a fine figure, and Almighty God changed his color and the color of his descendants in response to his father’s curse. He went away, followed by his sons, and they settled by the shore, where God increased and multiplied them. They are the blacks. …Some of his children went to the West. Ham begat Kush ibn Ham, Kan`an ibn Ham, and *** ibn Ham. *** settled in India and Sind and their inhabitants are his descendants. Kush and Kan`an’s descendants are the various races of blacks: Nubians, Zanj, Qaran, Zaghawa, Ethiopians, Copts, and Berbers. (Kitab al-Ma`arif, ed. Tharwat `Ukasha, 2nd ed., Cairo, 1969, p. 26)

For the fact is as I soon came to realise myself, and then heard from others later, that the Colchians are obviously Egyptian. When the notion occurred to me, I asked both the Colchians and the Egyptians about it, and found that the Colchians had better recall of the Egyptians than the Egyptians did of them. Some Egyptians said that they thought the Colchians originated with Sesostris’ army, but I myself guessed their Egyptian origin not only because the Colchians are dark-skinned and curly-haired (which does not count for much by itself , because these features are common in others too) but more importantly because Colchians, Egyptians and Ethiopians are the only peoples in the world who practise circumcision and who have always done so."

Source, The histories By Herodotus, Robin Waterfield, Carolyn Dewald


"Too black a hue as an Egyptian or Ethiopian(Nubian) marks a coward--so too, too white a hue as with women. The best color is the intermediate tawny color of the lion. That color marks for courage".

Aristotle, PHYSOGNOMICA


I'm sure you'll try to find a way to discredit the people that were actually there or say that the Greek translators didn't translate their words correctly or some other garbage lol.

Last edited by jkc2j; 06-09-2017 at 02:41 PM..
 
Old 06-09-2017, 02:42 PM
 
3,513 posts, read 2,517,695 times
Reputation: 6798
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkc2j View Post
No need to continue discussing, you've already made yourself look foolish amongst other things in your various other posts and rants. .
No, I have posted evidence and sources. You look the fool because you say that I spread "disinformation," but after being challnged four times cannot say what disinformation I have spread. Just like an Afrocentrist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkc2j View Post
This has already been discussed ad nauseam and after getting intellectually broken down in previous threads, you resort to childish name calling and insults. Debating with you is like talking to a 5 year old who doesn't get their way. .
Wow. You get on here insulting me with a personal attack, and then cry that I am childish and insulting. Just like an Afrocentrist.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jkc2j View Post
Why are the Ethiopians and Egyptians bandy-legged? Is it because of that the body of itself creates, because of disturbance by heat, like loss of wood when they become dry? The condition of their hair supports this theory; for it is curlier than that of other nations…” (Aristotle, Problemata_ 909, 7)
This says nothing about their color. Color is not mentioned.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jkc2j View Post
Dialogue: Lycinus (describing an Egyptian): ‘this boy is not merely black; he has thick lips and his legs are too thin…his hair worn in a plait shows that he is not a freeman.’ Timolaus: ‘but that is a sign of really distinguished birth in Egypt, Lycinus. All freeborn children plait their hair until they reach manhood…’ (Lucian, _Navigations_, paras 2-3)

Dialogue: “Aegyptos conquered the country of the black-footed ones and called it Egypt after himself” (Apollodorus, Book II, paras 3 and 4)
Lucian was not a historian, the scene described take place only in his imagination. What is more Lucian was borne in the second century AD. What do you think this proves?

What word was used for "black?" Melanchroes? Subfusucli? Again, these refers to swarthy, not black. Unless they said "Ethiope" these quotes are meaningless.

What the hell is "Black-footed" supposed to mean anyway?


Quote:
Originally Posted by jkc2j View Post

Dialogue: Danaos (describing the Aegyptiads): ‘I can see the crew with their black limbs and white tunics.’ (Aeschylus, _The Suppliants_, vv. 719-20, 745)
This is from a play, by the way, not a history. I have read this play, but in English. It is probably another mistranslation, but in any event, it is not evidence of any kind.

LOL, LOL, LOL. In this same play, the Pharaohs are decended from A GREEK. This source says that the Pharoahs were Greek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkc2j View Post

“…the men of Egypt are mostly brown or black with a skinny desiccated look.” (Ammianus Marcellinus, Book XXII para 16) Ibn Qutayba (828-89) wrote: Wahb ibn Nunabbih said: Ham the son of Noah was a white man, with a handsome face and a fine figure, and Almighty God changed his color and the color of his descendants in response to his father’s curse. He went away, followed by his sons, and they settled by the shore, where God increased and multiplied them. They are the blacks. …Some of his children went to the West. Ham begat Kush ibn Ham, Kan`an ibn Ham, and *** ibn Ham. *** settled in India and Sind and their inhabitants are his descendants. Kush and Kan`an’s descendants are the various races of blacks: Nubians, Zanj, Qaran, Zaghawa, Ethiopians, Copts, and Berbers. (Kitab al-Ma`arif, ed. Tharwat `Ukasha, 2nd ed., Cairo, 1969, p. 26)
He used the term "subfusucli" which is also a degree of brown or swarthy. He did not say Ethiope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkc2j View Post
For the fact is as I soon came to realise myself, and then heard from others later, that the Colchians are obviously Egyptian. When the notion occurred to me, I asked both the Colchians and the Egyptians about it, and found that the Colchians had better recall of the Egyptians than the Egyptians did of them. Some Egyptians said that they thought the Colchians originated with Sesostris’ army, but I myself guessed their Egyptian origin not only because the Colchians are dark-skinned and curly-haired (which does not count for much by itself , because these features are common in others too) but more importantly because Colchians, Egyptians and Ethiopians are the only peoples in the world who practise circumcision and who have always done so."

Source, The histories By Herodotus, Robin Waterfield, Carolyn Dewald
We have already demonstrated that Herodotus DIFFERENTIATED between Ethiopians and Egytpians, and said that the Egyptians were MELANCHROES- dark white people.

After this man the priest enumerate to me from a papyrus the names of other Kings, three hundred and thirty in number; and in all these generations of men eighteen were Ethiopians, one was a woman and the rest were men and of Egyptian race.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jkc2j View Post
Even Manilius who is frequently quoted to prove the Egyptians were distinct from Africans said that they were less(a KEY word) sun-burt than the Aethiopians, not that they weren't sun-burnt at all. And if you've seen some of the ethnic groups of Central and Southern Sudan("Aethiopia") you'd see why Manilius said they "stain the world in darkness".
Of course. They comparable to Pelasgian Greeks, Middle Esterners, OR MODERN EGYPTIANS. No one is saying that they were Nordics. But they were not black. THEY WERE EXACTLY AS EGYPTIANS APPEAR TODAY.
The Ethiopians stain the world and depict a race of men steeped in darkness; less sun-burnt are the natives of India; the land of Egypt, flooded by the Nile, darkens bodies more mildly owing to the inundation of its fields: it is a country nearer to us and its moderate climate imparts a medium tone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkc2j View Post
"Too black a hue as an Egyptian or Ethiopian(Nubian) marks a coward--so too, too white a hue as with women. The best color is the intermediate tawny color of the lion. That color marks for courage".

Aristotle, PHYSOGNOMICA
Yes, most Egyptians were darker than most Greeks. The terms that you are using for "black," melanchroes and subfusucli, refer to a shade comparable to modern Egytpians, Middle Easterners, and Pelasgian Greeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkc2j View Post
I'm sure you'll try to find a way to discredit the people that were actually there or say that the Greek translators didn't translate their words correctly or some other garbage lol.
I don't have to try. None of these quotes say "Ethiope." Most of them differentiate within the quote between Ethiopians and Egyptians.


Now, what part of the evidence that I presented was "disinformation?"

Last edited by cachibatches; 06-09-2017 at 03:31 PM..
 
Old 06-09-2017, 03:26 PM
 
329 posts, read 244,732 times
Reputation: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
No, I have posted evidence and sources. You look the fool because you say that I spread "disinformation," but after being challnged four times cannot say what disinformation I have spread. Just like an Afrocentrist.



Wow. You get on here insulting me with a personal attack, and then cry that I am childish and insulting. Just like an Afrocentrist.




This says nothing about their color. Color is not mentioned.




What word was used for "black?" Melanchroes? Subfusucli? Again, these refers to swarthy, not black. Unless they said "Ethiope" these quotes are meaningless.



He used the term "subfusucli" which is also a degree of brown or swarthy. He did not say Ethiope.



We have already demonstrated that Herodotus DIFFERENTIATED between Ethiopians and Egytpians, and said that the Egyptians were MELANCHROES- dark white people.

After this man the priest enumerate to me from a papyrus the names of other Kings, three hundred and thirty in number; and in all these generations of men eighteen were Ethiopians, one was a woman and the rest were men and of Egyptian race.




Of course. They comparable to Pelasgian Greeks, Middle Esterners, OR MODERN EGYPTIANS. No one is saying that they were Nordics. But they were not black. THEY WERE EXACTLY AS EGYPTIANS APPEAR TODAY.
The Ethiopians stain the world and depict a race of men steeped in darkness; less sun-burnt are the natives of India; the land of Egypt, flooded by the Nile, darkens bodies more mildly owing to the inundation of its fields: it is a country nearer to us and its moderate climate imparts a medium tone.

Yes, most Egyptians were darker than most Greeks. The terms that you are using for "black," melanchroes and subfusucli, refer to a shade comparable to modern Egytpians, Middle Easterners, and Pelasgian Greeks.




I don't have to try. None of these quotes say "Ethiope." Most of them differentiate within the quote between Ethiopians and Egyptians.


Now, what part of the evidence that I presented was "disinformation?"



Oh boy, here we go lol. So now you're equating the term melanchroe, which can literally translate to mean black or dark-skinned and say this translates to dark white people? Please cite the text that you're using as I've never heard this. Sounds like you've created your own definition lol. This would be classified as disinformation.

Also, I hope you realize that the Ancient Greeks concept of skin color doesn't exactly align with modern classifications of race but we can at least deduce that the Egyptians at the time of the Greeks were very mixed and depending on what part of the world they lived could be classified as black or mixed in modern times based on Herodotus' and others description(I'm sorry, melanchore does not translate to dark white lol) though I'm sure you'd disagree. However, we can agree on one thing, the Greeks did distinguish between Egyptians and Aithiopes or the "burnt face" people who lived further south, but that doesn't mean that the Egyptians had lighter skin. Aithiops was a vague term that covered a lot of territory in Africa that Greeks had heard about but may not have seen.

Last edited by jkc2j; 06-09-2017 at 04:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top