U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2017, 01:35 PM

4,434 posts, read 4,419,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I don't share those views at all.
For instance, I am Central European Celtic, it is not a matter of perspective, it is a fact. I don't look like Serbs or Fins or Spaniards, not even like people at the other end of my country of origin. When I can draw those lines within white people, I can do that even more so within all of humanity.
And just because people are neighbors does not mean they are almost the same. There can be huge differences between neighbors, in Africa for instance between Berbers and black Africans in the Sahara. People may interact, but they are aware who is "one of them" and who isn't. People have always drawn lines because that is how the human mind works in order to feel safe and at home. People want to distinguish themselves from all others. Else we would not have countries and all that.
this means you have pseudo scientific racial views from the 19th century. there are no actual racial lines.... I didn't say every ethnic group is the same the same, I said every ethnic group relates to the next. It changes little by little. Your also mixing up nationality, race, ethnicity which are not the same thing and I'm not talking about Nationality.

I'm saying there blur lines between, The racial lines people draw are perspective off their culture to what there culture think is race itself. So not only do people have different views of who is who race, but they have different ideas of what is race.

Race is not scientific.

"in Africa for instance between Berbers and black Africans in the sub Sahara region",

This what I talking about you think there a "line".... like it just jump from lighter North Africa to abruptly darker skin Africans sub Sahara

berbers

https://mathildasanthropologyblog.fi...05/berbers.jpg

Going South to the Sahel "black Africa"

It doesn't jump berbers to Ashanti

People in between have in between features.

Fulani

http://iconeventsnigeria.ng/wp-conte...ni-500x480.jpg

Again color wheel

every ethnic group relates to the next, there no actual racial line, "diffrent races" only become oblivious when groups are apart.

Like Zulu, Japaneses, Irish there clear different features but on the way to each group there's a subtle fade. like some one native to japan and India have different features but in between Thailand some one Thai look mixed between Japanese and Indian. So there no actual beginning or ending to a "race".

there are no racial line like this..... this race begins here, this race end here..... that doesn't exist

http://johndyer.name/wp-content/uplo...09/11/bars.png

Humans are like this

https://www.sessions.edu/wp-content/...olor-wheel.png
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2017, 01:57 PM

21,424 posts, read 19,318,864 times
Sorry, you are unrealistic. It is by far not only about skin color. It is even more about physiognomy. The human mind is very capable of distinguishing even the slightest differences between faces. Sometimes we can't even specify what exactly makes a face black or Asian or white, but it's there. Maybe it's the sum of small details.

Old 08-10-2017, 08:21 PM

1,168 posts, read 781,639 times
Your photo of a fulani woman is very misleading. That woman is a mix of Nigerian and Indian.
If you ever actually met any fulani you would know just how plain and not very good looking they are and just how much they look like the rest of the west africans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
this means you have pseudo scientific racial views from the 19th century. there are no actual racial lines.... I didn't say every ethnic group is the same the same, I said every ethnic group relates to the next. It changes little by little. Your also mixing up nationality, race, ethnicity which are not the same thing and I'm not talking about Nationality.

I'm saying there blur lines between, The racial lines people draw are perspective off their culture to what there culture think is race itself. So not only do people have different views of who is who race, but they have different ideas of what is race.

Race is not scientific.

"in Africa for instance between Berbers and black Africans in the sub Sahara region",

This what I talking about you think there a "line".... like it just jump from lighter North Africa to abruptly darker skin Africans sub Sahara

berbers

Fulani

Again color wheel

every ethnic group relates to the next, there no actual racial line, "diffrent races" only become oblivious when groups are apart.

Like Zulu, Japaneses, Irish there clear different features but on the way to each group there's a subtle fade. like some one native to japan and India have different features but in between Thailand some one Thai look mixed between Japanese and Indian. So there no actual beginning or ending to a "race".

there are no racial line like this..... this race begins here, this race end here..... that doesn't exist

Humans are like this

Old 08-11-2017, 02:06 PM

15,065 posts, read 19,707,243 times
Quote:
Sorry, you are unrealistic. It is by far not only about skin color. It is even more about physiognomy. The human mind is very capable of distinguishing even the slightest differences between faces. Sometimes we can't even specify what exactly makes a face black or Asian or white, but it's there. Maybe it's the sum of small details.
You are going to struggle with that in Latin Caribbean countries,
where most people are mixed black, white, native american

Old 08-11-2017, 08:42 PM

1,235 posts, read 477,032 times
I saw some images for Fulani women and the pictured offered here is in fact a representation of "modern" fulani women. All one needs to do is Google.....

Last edited by MyGoldenLife; 08-11-2017 at 08:43 PM.. Reason: couldn't insert image

Old 08-13-2017, 02:12 AM

178 posts, read 84,557 times
Quote:
I don't share those views at all.
For instance, I am Central European Celtic, it is not a matter of perspective, it is a fact. I don't look like Serbs or Fins or Spaniards, not even like people at the other end of my country of origin. When I can draw those lines within white people, I can do that even more so within all of humanity.
And just because people are neighbors does not mean they are almost the same. There can be huge differences between neighbors, in Africa for instance between Berbers and black Africans in the Sahara. People may interact, but they are aware who is "one of them" and who isn't. People have always drawn lines because that is how the human mind works in order to feel safe and at home. People want to distinguish themselves from all others. Else we would not have countries and all that.
How does that translate into racial divide more than ethnicity or cultural differences?In Nigeria for instance there are more than 250 ethnic groups.I as an American can tell the difference in some of them easily and some not so easily.

Old 08-13-2017, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post

Race is not scientific.

berbers

Fulani

Again color wheel

Humans are like this

That Fulani woman is BEAUTIFUL.Fulani is a good example of how different people can look and still be within the same "race".
Fulani is one of the tribes ethnicities in Nigeria and they tend to be lighter skinned than other Nigerian tribes.

Old 08-13-2017, 02:23 AM

I was just watching part of the 1950's movie "The Egyptian" and I realized why black people connect so much with Egypt.
Its because in the past,historians completely ignored any and all references to the darker skinned African members of Egypt.
Im looking at the movie and all the main actors including those who are just props near the main characters are white as snow and then when you look way in far back corner you see s black or two among thousand of whites,not middle Eastern looking people..

Funny how we can accept the Romans being involved in Egyptian culture but when it come to Africans its a big debate about just how much if all blacks were apart of this civilization.

This may have led some over exaggeration on the part of some blacks but its s after being denied any connection to this history that led to the rise of such thoughts.

Old 08-13-2017, 04:37 AM

21,424 posts, read 19,318,864 times
The Fulani are indeed a very mixed people today, originally they were from Northern Africa, though, Algeria.
And they do look different from Yoruba or Bantu people.
It's not unlike with the Tuareg.
So, even if one can't exactly tell what they are, one can tell that they look different, even I as a white person can tell, and for Africans the difference is probably much more obvious than to me.

Old 08-13-2017, 07:46 AM

56,656 posts, read 80,952,685 times
A biblical view: https://bible.org/question/why-are-p...llow-brown-etc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or