U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2018, 02:57 AM

1,223 posts, read 579,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuterion View Post
Oh no...not the aboriginal theory.
Well, I just had to mention it but I won't derail the thread with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2018, 11:22 AM

4,811 posts, read 4,433,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s_kid View Post
Well, I've held off long enough. Regarding West Africa, I think it's safe and borderline common knowledge to admit that they have an New World origin...meaning melanated people's native to this land were shipped to West Africa as servants. Sounds farfetched and like a reach, huh? I have sources.

Regarding Ancient Egyptians, well, they were melanated as well so that's why. (this is my stance anyway).
Sorry 8os kid. There are no credible sources that make this claim. There were no Africans in the new world before European arrival....At all.

Old 10-31-2018, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Sorry 8os kid. There are no credible sources that make this claim. There were no Africans in the new world before European arrival....At all.
You probably misunderstood what I said but there were people here before self proclaimed white people stepped foot on this part of the world. There's a ton of credible information out there. It just clashes with what we were brought up to believe. I mean, America lies about minimal things like American cheese being real cheese, so why wouldn't we be misinformed about weightier things like this?

To get back on topic, they melanated folks claim include original Kemet because they'd have to list themselves as Black by today's standards. End Thread.

Old 10-31-2018, 06:13 PM

15,504 posts, read 17,724,856 times
Quote:
America lies about minimal things like American cheese being real cheese
Citation needed.

Old 10-31-2018, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Citation needed.
https://spoonuniversity.com/lifestyl...-stick-with-it

Off topic and tinfoil hat stuff I guess but I'm sticking to it. Pasteurized cheese product. The shelf life is so good that it could have still been fresh today had the Pharoahs stashed it in their tombs.

Old 11-01-2018, 11:25 AM

4,811 posts, read 4,433,356 times
Quote:
You probably misunderstood what I said but there were people here before self proclaimed white people stepped foot on this part of the world. There's a ton of credible information out there. It just clashes with what we were brought up to believe. I mean, America lies about minimal things like American cheese being real cheese, so why wouldn't we be misinformed about weightier things like this?
The only people here were Native Americans. No blacks. There are no credible sources that say otherwise.

Old 11-01-2018, 12:32 PM

Whatever you say man. I'm not worried about this board though. What do you have to say about Egypt? You'd probably just swap Native Americans with Egyptians.

Old 11-01-2018, 02:59 PM

6,105 posts, read 1,826,234 times
Claiming Egypt is only natural for many African Americans to do as modern western education fails to cover historical black achievements and advancements even in predominantly black schools. You’ll read about Christopher Columbus and Alexander Graham Bell but not about the first black man in space, the first black billionaire, or even George Washington Carver.

So this leaves demograhcis in America (largely Hispanics and blacks) with the ignorance of thinking their race or people never accomplished anything of significance throughout history, which we know to be wrong.

The point is that K-12 public western education does a disservice by refusing to tailor some it’s education in history to shine more on the achievements, accomplishments, and contributions from people of color. Only time a black person is mentioned in the history books is due to slavery or civil rights, which is a damn travesty.

Old 11-01-2018, 06:36 PM

15,504 posts, read 17,724,856 times
Quote:
https://spoonuniversity.com/lifestyl...-stick-with-it

Off topic and tinfoil hat stuff I guess but I'm sticking to it. Pasteurized cheese product. The shelf life is so good that it could have still been fresh today had the Pharoahs stashed it in their tombs.
Your article mentions several times that no one considers it real cheese, I was looking for a citation that that Americans lie about it being real cheese as you claimed.

Old 11-01-2018, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Your article mentions several times that no one considers it real cheese, I was looking for a citation that that Americans lie about it being real cheese as you claimed.
Geeze man, I didn't say that Americans lie. My mentioning the cheese thing is just an example of something so small that people would be surprised at once they find out that what it really is. (I probably should have mentioned authentic champagne, Kobe beef, or parmesan from America or something but don't let these examples detract from the point.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or