U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 10:10 AM

21,803 posts, read 19,464,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkc2j View Post
Dude, you just said a whole bunch of nothing. I'd rather listen to someone such as Dr. Yosef Ben Yochannan whose dedicated years to the study of Nile Valley culture than some random guy on an internet forum whom obviously has an agenda. I've merely presented theories but unlike yourself I don't pass off what I present as fact but a possibility. Also, the Hyksos were in Egypt for a significant period of time(over 100 years). The link you've posted didn't state specifically what mummies were studied for DNA samples, only a time span.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Hyk...yptian-dynasty

Thus far, nothing you have presented has done much to substantiate your theory.
As I said, Yosef Ben Yochannan has a very poor reputation in the world of science. He has uttered too much bogus to be taken seriously...

Your own link confirms that those foreign Hyksos ruled for only 108 years when Egypt went through a weak phase. At the end of that they were defeated and kicked out. The Egyptians whose DNA was analyzed covered a whopping continuous 1800 years, though.

You can believe all you want, but your illusion of a black Egypt will be taken apart analysis by analysis, and by scientists, not self-declared racist historians with an agenda...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2017, 10:34 AM

339 posts, read 249,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
As I said, Yosef Ben Yochannan has a very poor reputation in the world of science. He has uttered too much bogus to be taken seriously...

Your own link confirms that those foreign Hyksos ruled for only 108 years when Egypt went through a weak phase. At the end of that they were defeated and kicked out. The Egyptians whose DNA was analyzed covered a whopping continuous 1800 years, though.

You can believe all you want, but your illusion of a black Egypt will be taken apart analysis by analysis, and by scientists, not self-declared racist historians with an agenda...
Dude, read the link you posted again.

"A study led by researchers at the Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History and the University of Tubingen in Germany managed to plug some of those genetic gaps. Researchers wrung genetic material from 151 Egyptian mummies, radiocarbon dated between Egypt's New Kingdom (the oldest at 1388 B.C.) to the Roman Period (the youngest at 426 A.D.), as reported Tuesday in the journal Nature Communications."

"This study left two gaps in the Egyptian timeline that Krause wants to fill, he said. It is not clear when the African gene flow, present in modern Egyptians, occurred. Nor could the study determine the origin of the Egyptians. “The other big question is, 'Where did the ancient Egyptians come from?' ” Krause said. To answer that, scientists will have to find genomes “back further in time, in prehistory.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.2943319018d0

The study states clearly that the mummies sampled didn't span a period from 1388 BC-426 AD but between, which could be at any point during that time. So no, you're theory still hasn't been proven definitively, even the researchers state that clearly in the link.

Old 06-21-2017, 01:09 PM

6,599 posts, read 9,120,697 times
Quote:
Here's one problem for that Sudaneses minister:

"The Sudanese Minister of Information, Ahmed Bilal Othman, claimed on Sunday that the MeroŽ Pyramids of Sudan are 2,000 years older than Egypt's pyramids. The Sudanese government is working to prove this to the entire world, he added."

So basically this Sudanese minister is making a claim that hasn't been proven yet. So is it a good idea for him to claim that Nubia's pyramids are 2,000 years older than Egypt's when they are working on proving this claim?

Old 06-21-2017, 01:12 PM

I don't get your logic. It clearly says that the oldest mummy analyzed is from 1388 BC and the youngest from 426 AD, all the others from those 1800 years in between. Yet they found striking consistency in all those mummies. Are you suggesting that in between any two mummies there were genetic changes that were completely undone in the next mummy?

I don't think the ancient Egyptians came from anywhere else. They were probably locals closely related to all the others living along the North African and Middle-Eastern rim. When North Africa dried up 7000 years ago, they probably moved to the Nile where there was still reliable water. And the need for change and the population density might have sped up cultural evolution.

Old 06-21-2017, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post

"The Sudanese Minister of Information, Ahmed Bilal Othman, claimed on Sunday that the MeroŽ Pyramids of Sudan are 2,000 years older than Egypt's pyramids. The Sudanese government is working to prove this to the entire world, he added."

So basically this Sudanese minister is making a claim that hasn't been proven yet. So is it a good idea for him to claim that Nubia's pyramids are 2,000 years older than Egypt's when they are working on proving this claim?
I suppose it is not so easy to forge evidence, it takes some time

Old 06-21-2017, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I don't get your logic. It clearly says that the oldest mummy analyzed is from 1388 BC and the youngest from 426 AD, all the others from those 1800 years in between. Yet they found striking consistency in all those mummies. Are you suggesting that in between any two mummies there were genetic changes that were completely undone in the next mummy?

I don't think the ancient Egyptians came from anywhere else. They were probably locals closely related to all the others living along the North African and Middle-Eastern rim. When North Africa dried up 7000 years ago, they probably moved to the Nile where there was still reliable water. And the need for change and the population density might have sped up cultural evolution.
Not what I'm suggesting at all. I've merely stated that the links you've provided doesn't prove anything definitively, especially when talking about the origins of the Ancient Egyptians.

Last edited by jkc2j; 06-21-2017 at 03:44 PM..

Old 06-21-2017, 03:39 PM

Quote:

I've merely stating that there's a debate. As you may know, new archeological sites are being discovered along the Nile Valley everyday.

https://www.livescience.com/26903-35...ids-sudan.html

Last edited by jkc2j; 06-21-2017 at 04:00 PM..

Old 06-27-2017, 11:34 PM

6,599 posts, read 9,120,697 times
Quote:

It's also funny how all Europeans(Nords, Swedes, Germans, Irish lol) will claim Greece and Rome as their ancestry then have the audacity to try and tell black people on what cultures they can and can't celebrate from Africa. GTFOH lol.
I think the difference here is that the Greco-Roman world had an influence on the development of western European culture that Egypt didn't have on other parts of Africa. It's through the Greeks and Romans that many Europeans learned writing and how to set up governments. No Egyptian influence is found in west,central and southern Africa. No west,central or southern Africans ever used Egyptian hieroglyphic writing or copied Egyptian architecture.

Old 06-28-2017, 11:36 AM

Quote:
I think the difference here is that the Greco-Roman world had an influence on the development of western European culture that Egypt didn't have on other parts of Africa. It's through the Greeks and Romans that many Europeans learned writing and how to set up governments. No Egyptian influence is found in west,central and southern Africa. No west,central or southern Africans ever used Egyptian hieroglyphic writing or copied Egyptian architecture.
Of course Greco-Roman culture had an influence on Western civilizations, mainly through assimilation. Same with Blacks and Native Americans in the Western Hemisphere, though you'd be hard pressed to find these groups claiming to be Greco-Roman. I'm speaking mainly about nothern Europeans claiming Greece and Rome as ancestors not conquerers.

Old 06-28-2017, 11:51 AM

412 posts, read 312,045 times
Quote:
Of course Greco-Roman culture had an influence on Western civilizations, mainly through assimilation. Same with Blacks and Native Americans in the Western Hemisphere, though you'd be hard pressed to find these groups claiming to be Greco-Roman. I'm speaking mainly about nothern Europeans claiming Greece and Rome as ancestors not conquerers.
Again, I think you are confused. No Northern European person would ever claim that their ancestors were Romans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or