U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 02:43 PM

6,754 posts, read 3,781,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Welp, another country gone down the drain. I won't be visiting there anytime soon, although this is the least of my concerns.
Have you ever gone to this part of the world regardless?

People serious need to look in to the destination before going.

It is like planning to go to middle east and wearing a micro shorts and a tube top while shopping at the mall.

If anyone is that clueless they better stay in the our country.

If someone wants to complain about a country they are visiting likely are smart idea to wait until they get home to do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2018, 05:38 PM

1,097 posts, read 716,123 times
Egypt isn't "metoo"-land. You go there as a foreigner, you have to know how to behave as a guest.

Old 07-11-2018, 07:17 PM

Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApePeeD View Post
Egypt isn't "metoo"-land. You go there as a foreigner, you have to know how to behave as a guest.
Especially as a Lebanese women... I can't explain how Cluess she is. Like the Lebanese government has time to advocate on her behalf. I agree what what she said in many ways .... but sometimes better to complain anonymously.

Old 07-11-2018, 07:41 PM

4,520 posts, read 3,100,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Welp, another country gone down the drain. I won't be visiting there anytime soon, although this is the least of my concerns.
its been going down the drain since 642

Old 07-11-2018, 09:57 PM

Default .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
its been going down the drain since 642
Despite this situation I would not avoid going there... but let this be a cautionary tell for all those who venture in to otger people's country's complain once you get home and even better anonymously.

Old 07-11-2018, 10:09 PM

2,781 posts, read 1,015,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Have you ever gone to this part of the world regardless?

People serious need to look in to the destination before going.

It is like planning to go to middle east and wearing a micro shorts and a tube top while shopping at the mall.

If anyone is that clueless they better stay in the our country.

If someone wants to complain about a country they are visiting likely are smart idea to wait until they get home to do it.
You can do that in the UAE and Israel.

Old 07-12-2018, 10:15 PM

4,520 posts, read 3,100,674 times
need to reromanize the Mediterranean

Old 07-13-2018, 07:10 AM

Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
Yes ...maybe but just because something is not illegal does not mean you will be harshly socially stigmatized for doing it.

I could dress like that in Morocco and Turkey
I won't get arrested but it is certain I will be sexually harassed and possible to the point it could be dangerous..... so as a visitor I would not do it. Let the local women protest that is not my job as a tourist.

Cairo has issues whete women walking alone have been gang raped by groups of young men. In middle Eastern/ Arab culture in general you need to be stern and serious when dealing with men. Smiling and being too chatty suggests you are flirting or inviting the advances.

I learned the hard way several times. If you are walking with a man no one talks to you.

I had several experiences where I was with my husband and he ventured off to go do something then slowly men left bold and were approaching me. As so o as he came back they got out of there. This is cultural.

Usu ally if a man is not very chatty with you as a woman it is actually a sign of respect. Men that are being forward with you in the middle East are really likely to be problems as they know culturally it is considered disrespectful.

Last edited by klmrocks; 07-13-2018 at 07:21 AM..

Old 07-14-2018, 09:21 PM

21,365 posts, read 24,104,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
You can do it in Israel and I dare you to do it in a public location in UAE. New word of the day: "Pashmina".

Old 07-14-2018, 09:26 PM

21,365 posts, read 24,104,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/lebanese-t...190518538.html

Really makes me want to visit Egypt (sarcasm). Instead of working to make the country better to attract tourist money, let’s arrest and imprison tourist who say bad things about our country,...yeah that’s the thing to do!

You should've a month to create this thread.

Lebanese tourist sentenced to 8 years in prison for complaining of sexual harassment and calling Egypt ‘dirty’

https://btnews.online/lebanese-touri...g-egypt-dirty/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa