U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 04:47 AM

7,841 posts, read 6,656,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
AMEN Deuterion! If I was a moderator, I would lock the thread after your post. Americans are so arrogant. What makes us think we won't succumb to the same fate as other empires? It's funny...kingdoms managed to exist for THOUSANDS of years in peace. Until invaders came. The way to win is PEACE, people. Not war. But you will learn. And those who don't believe in God...will learn. So enjoy your destructive nature while you're being allowed. Don't think for one second your "victories" are your own doing. That mindset is the beginning of the end for empires.
'Other Empires', the US doesn't have an 'Empire'!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2018, 06:52 AM

241 posts, read 78,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
'Other Empires', the US doesn't have an 'Empire'!
You’re right it doesn’t have an empire, it is one! You can use the term hegemony if you prefer.

Old 08-12-2018, 05:11 PM

6,523 posts, read 7,477,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homenj View Post
The Americas already had medicine, roads, and yes even modern cities. shock I know. In fact when the Spaniards first saw Tenochtitlan they were impressed by how beautiful it was. In fact at the time it was even bigger than London and Paris.

The Incas were the first to build the suspension bridge and had an elaborate system of roads and even surgery.
The Central American and Andean Indians did build impressive cities. However they still lagged behind Europeans in technical and cultural development. This was not their fault as they were deprived of the benifits of cross cultural contact with other civilizations. The Indians were greatly held back by their isolation from the world. Your right that the Spanish were impressed with Teonoctitlan, BUT they still conquered it with a tiny force. They possessed firearms, and two bits of luck.....disease and Aztec superstition (some thought the Spanish Gods) In the end the more developed European culture overcame a less developed Indian one. This same result occurred throughout the Americas whether it was French, Englis or Spanish culture that overcame the native Indian one. Hard not to respect the Indians though for how well they did while culturally isolated and how hard they fought thier conquest. That is the reason they are held in quite high regards in the US today. Some PC types get mad about use of Indian names for sports or even military equipment but it is done because their toughness and resolve is respected. Aspects of Indian culture and language are now embedded into American culture for the same reason. Having said all of that it is still almost universal through history that more developed cultures always subjugate less developed ones. The very same thing could happen to western civilization in the future if we fall behind the East. It is human nature, all the SJWs on earth could not change it in 10000 years.

Old 08-12-2018, 06:00 PM
AFP

6,898 posts, read 4,249,541 times
Europeans don't owe anything once African Africans realize that they'd be better off. As far as poor Africans go their best chance to collect is from the African elite who currently despise them and siphon off everything.

Old 08-12-2018, 06:51 PM

3,516 posts, read 4,970,502 times
Has the OP really never heard of Mobuto Seke Seko, long-time dictator of the Congo? He personally embezzled an estimated $4 to $15 BILLION from his country, much of it hidden in his own Swiss bank accounts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobutu_Sese_Seko

Teodoro Mbasogo, long-time dictator of Equatorial Guinea, had a personal net worth in 2010 of $700 million, according to FORBES Magazine. He was ranked as the worst leader in the world, by Sunday PARADE Magazine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teodor...Nguema_Mbasogo

And then there is Robert Mugabe, who has utterly ruined his country, Zimbabwe, with decades of mismanagement, corruption, and embezzlement, leading to long decades of extreme monetary hyperinflaction, job losses, and starvation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki_Robert_Mugabe

CHINA arguably has a better approach to African aid, than America does. China, in return for Africa's natural resources, builds infrastructure in Africa to actually help the people - roads, water wells, bridges, schools, hospitals, clinics, communications projects, etc. rather than giving cash directly to corrupt and selfish leaders

https://nationalinterest.org/feature...d-africa-14456

Last edited by slowlane3; 08-12-2018 at 07:19 PM..

Old 08-12-2018, 09:36 PM

11,744 posts, read 6,316,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowlane3 View Post
Has the OP really never heard of Mobuto Seke Seko, long-time dictator of the Congo? He personally embezzled an estimated $4 to $15 BILLION from his country, much of it hidden in his own Swiss bank accounts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobutu_Sese_Seko

Teodoro Mbasogo, long-time dictator of Equatorial Guinea, had a personal net worth in 2010 of $700 million, according to FORBES Magazine. He was ranked as the worst leader in the world, by Sunday PARADE Magazine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teodor...Nguema_Mbasogo

And then there is Robert Mugabe, who has utterly ruined his country, Zimbabwe, with decades of mismanagement, corruption, and embezzlement, leading to long decades of extreme monetary hyperinflaction, job losses, and starvation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki_Robert_Mugabe

CHINA arguably has a better approach to African aid, than America does. China, in return for Africa's natural resources, builds infrastructure in Africa to actually help the people - roads, water wells, bridges, schools, hospitals, clinics, communications projects, etc. rather than giving cash directly to corrupt and selfish leaders

https://nationalinterest.org/feature...d-africa-14456
I like China's approach, even if they require that a large percentage of workers be Chinese; I'd certainly like to see more local employment.

Old 08-13-2018, 09:37 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,493,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
The Central American and Andean Indians did build impressive cities. However they still lagged behind Europeans in technical and cultural development. This was not their fault as they were deprived of the benifits of cross cultural contact with other civilizations. The Indians were greatly held back by their isolation from the world. Your right that the Spanish were impressed with Teonoctitlan, BUT they still conquered it with a tiny force. They possessed firearms, and two bits of luck.....disease and Aztec superstition (some thought the Spanish Gods) In the end the more developed European culture overcame a less developed Indian one. This same result occurred throughout the Americas whether it was French, Englis or Spanish culture that overcame the native Indian one. Hard not to respect the Indians though for how well they did while culturally isolated and how hard they fought thier conquest. That is the reason they are held in quite high regards in the US today. Some PC types get mad about use of Indian names for sports or even military equipment but it is done because their toughness and resolve is respected. Aspects of Indian culture and language are now embedded into American culture for the same reason. Having said all of that it is still almost universal through history that more developed cultures always subjugate less developed ones. The very same thing could happen to western civilization in the future if we fall behind the East. It is human nature, all the SJWs on earth could not change it in 10000 years.
I see where you are coming from. Europe did have more contact with the rest of the world than the Americas did. Gun powder was invented in China and the wheel was invented in modern day Iraq. So we were less developed.

However in other ways, the American Indians were more developed. For example, during the "Black Plague" many Europeans were dying due to poor hygiene. However the Aztecs in Tenochtitlan had a advanced and clean system of irrigation. Europeans were really impressed by them when they first settled there.

Incas had a prophecy that there would be a light skinned gods. So when the Europeans came, the Incas assumed they were the gods and this made it easier for the Incas to be conquered.

Old 08-13-2018, 12:24 PM

632 posts, read 288,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giannis View Post
I already know that many fellow Europeans will reject the idea that I will promote, but the main (if not the only) reason that Africa today is starving to death, and the main reason particular European countries are rich, is the colonialism previous centuries

https://www.theguardian.com/global-d...lk-reparations

If countries like uk or france paid their debt to Africa, that would explode their national debts to 200% if not more of their GDP, but i think it's fair to pay it some day.

what do you think?
Yeah, but the reason Hong Kong and Singapore have been so successful is because of British colonialism. So, they are indebted to British colonialism for their contemporary success.

Seriously, Ethiopia was never colonized by the Europeans, except for a few years of occupation by the Italians and it is still dirt poor and has had its share of famines. You've been brainwashed by your liberal (university) education.

The average European IQ is 100. The average sub-Saharan African IQ is 70. The average Chinese IQ is 105. Of all the social science indicators, IQ is the MOST scientifically rigorous in predicting socioeconomic attainment. Go figure!

Last edited by 2ner; 08-13-2018 at 12:33 PM..

Old 08-13-2018, 12:37 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,493,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ner View Post
Yeah, but the reason Hong Kong and Singapore have been so successful is because of British colonialism. So, they are indebted to British colonialism for their contemporary success.

Seriously, Ethiopia was never colonized by the Europeans, except for a few years of occupation by the Italians and it is still dirt poor and has had its share of famines. You've been brainwashed by your liberal (university) education.

The average European IQ is 100. The average sub-Saharan African IQ is 70. The average Chinese IQ is 105. Of all the social science indicators, IQ is the MOST scientifically rigorous. Go figure!
Actually I spoke to a friend who does work in Ethiopia and says their economy is improving. They are beyond the "famine ridden 90s".

The Swiss one hundred years ago were also dirt poor.

I guess the Swiss were also genetically inferior?

Civilizations rise and fall. It doesn't mean one race is genetically and intellectual inferior.

Old 08-13-2018, 12:46 PM

632 posts, read 288,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homenj View Post
Actually I spoke to a friend who does work in Ethiopia and says their economy is improving. They are beyond the "famine ridden 90s".

The Swiss one hundred years ago were also dirt poor.

I guess the Swiss were also genetically inferior?

Civilizations rise and fall. It doesn't mean one race is genetically and intellectual inferior.
Yeah, I've heard that Ethiopia has been doing well raising the standard of living (relative to the rest of Africa). I hope the country continues to improve living conditions. I find that country and its history fascinating. By and large Ethiopians , especially the Amhara (who are on average about 30% genetically Middle Eastern), don't see themselves as the same race as the Bantu, Yoruboid, etc. peoples of Africa. The Amhara and Tigre are the only *black* Africans to have developed a writing system / orthography independently of those evil European colonizers. I think also they were Christian before even Europe was and certainly before the rest of the continent was lifted out of its paganist / animist belief systems, with their insistence on black magic, withcraft, voodoo, etc.

I'm glad Switzerland is prospering as well and I hope it also continues to do well. Maybe being outside the EU helps them.

I don't think it's about genetic inferiority or superiority, as there are different kinds of intelligences and aptitudes.

Where are all the non-black sprinters at the elite level? Do they just need to work harder?

Last edited by 2ner; 08-13-2018 at 01:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or